Not picking up all local channels with AM21 Off-Air Tuner?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So I got angry and RBR'ed the thing... and low and behold... IT WORKED!!! (Anyone got a zip for Bounce TV on 20.4?)

There are four 20.4 channels in the database Burlington VT, Salt Lake City UT, Seattle WA, and Sioux Falls SD. You can try the zip code for anyone of these cities.

Where is the list of channels in the database? I would love to play around with this some more!

TPN_MAP_Domestic_130731[1] Go to the OTA tab at the bottom of the page. Then LIL Market List tab shows you the markets.

Thanks. Now I have 43-3 and 43-4 in my guide, too. It's really TCT Kids and TCT La Fuente, but JCTV and Once USA are also Christian and in proper languages. It "looks" right...

Do you have a zip code for those last two (58.6 & 58.7) by any chance? Though it would be preferred, it doesn't matter if the guide info is correct.

Do you have a zip code for those last two (58.6 & 58.7) by any chance? Though it would be preferred, it doesn't matter if the guide info is correct.

There are no channels 58.6 or 58.7 in the database. 58.5 is as high as the channels go in all of the database. So no way to get those channels. I have that problem with THIS TV in the Twin Cities. No 5.6 channel in the database to match up with.

There are no channels 58.6 or 58.7 in the database. 58.5 is as high as the channels go in all of the database. So no way to get those channels. I have that problem with THIS TV in the Twin Cities. No 5.6 channel in the database to match up with.

Thanks anyways. They weren't important channels anyways. Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks anyways. They weren't important channels anyways. Just thought I'd ask.
I'm curious. You get 3.3,6.2,47.2,and 58.1-58.5 in your DVR through your AM21 by this process. I would think 6.2 and 47.2 are THIS TV and METV with the correct guide from the city of the zip you entered. Matching perfectly with your Roch. channel. The other channels having the guide from the city they are from. Did you get any duplicate channels? Meaning like 2 6.1 or 10.1,10.2 channels. Sometimes when you enter more zips, those zips have some of the same channel numbers that are picked up. I tryed to give you zips that didn't have any of the same channels. I know in my process I picked up a few, but I just weed them out with the favorite channels feature on the DVR. In the future, when your DVR re-boots your AM21 might only pick-up the channels of the 2 zip codes that are stored in the DVR at the time of the re-boot. You then have to go through the same process to get some of the channels back. Sometimes works that way, sometimes all of the channels come back after a re-boot. Haven't figured out why it works that way, but these DVR's sometimes seem to have a mind of their own. I was glad to be able to help you out.

I'm curious. You get 3.3,6.2,47.2,and 58.1-58.5 in your DVR through your AM21 by this process. I would think 6.2 and 47.2 are THIS TV and METV with the correct guide from the city of the zip you entered. Matching perfectly with your Roch. channel. The other channels having the guide from the city they are from. Did you get any duplicate channels? Meaning like 2 6.1 or 10.1,10.2 channels. Sometimes when you enter more zips, those zips have some of the same channel numbers that are picked up. I tryed to give you zips that didn't have any of the same channels. I know in my process I picked up a few, but I just weed them out with the favorite channels feature on the DVR. In the future, when your DVR re-boots your AM21 might only pick-up the channels of the 2 zip codes that are stored in the DVR at the time of the re-boot. You then have to go through the same process to get some of the channels back. Sometimes works that way, sometimes all of the channels come back after a re-boot. Haven't figured out why it works that way, but these DVR's sometimes seem to have a mind of their own. I was glad to be able to help you out.

I didn't. Don't know why it was different for you.

I got a few overrides - For example, WLFL 22-2 has always been wrong in the database - it's not even listed on the Excel sheet from DBStalk, but it has always been there. It is Zuus Country, but has always shown PBS guide data. Now, after I put in the VT zip to get 20-4, it is showing listings for 22-2 WNVY ABC in VT. So I traded one set of incorrect information for another. It doesn't matter, really, because I can get Zuus on another channel. I also had two 5.1 channels and two 22.1, and two 20-1, 20-2, and 20-3. If I selected either 20-1, it would show my local CW, regardless of what the guide data said. However, if I selected the wrong 5-1 or wrong 22-1, I got the "771 - Signal loss on the off-air tuner" message. After I RBRed and did the whole process again, the only weird thing is 22-2. All of the other duplicates are gone and all issues are resolved. Like it was mentioned earlier, it was a little time consuming, but worth it!

I got a few overrides - For example, WLFL 22-2 has always been wrong in the database - it's not even listed on the Excel sheet from DBStalk, but it has always been there. It is Zuus Country, but has always shown PBS guide data. Now, after I put in the VT zip to get 20-4, it is showing listings for 22-2 WNVY ABC in VT. So I traded one set of incorrect information for another. It doesn't matter, really, because I can get Zuus on another channel. I also had two 5.1 channels and two 22.1, and two 20-1, 20-2, and 20-3. If I selected either 20-1, it would show my local CW, regardless of what the guide data said. However, if I selected the wrong 5-1 or wrong 22-1, I got the "771 - Signal loss on the off-air tuner" message. After I RBRed and did the whole process again, the only weird thing is 22-2. All of the other duplicates are gone and all issues are resolved. Like it was mentioned earlier, it was a little time consuming, but worth it!
''

Just "moved" to the Twin Cities. I think Dish caught on (I think they sent a technician to uninstall my internet), but doesn't matter, I am with a different provider now! This is WAY BETTER so no plans on going back!!

That's why I was curious because sometimes you really have to keep adjusting to get the channels the way you want them. It's seems the primary zip you enter will take precedent over any secondary zip you enter, and once a channel number is taken it won't be overidden by the same channel number. Getting two channels that are the same can cause some problems, but not always. It really is unpredictable on what you're gonna get, but I just keep experimenting until I get it the way I want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)