Not picking up all local channels with AM21 Off-Air Tuner?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Tried it again, doesn't work. Any others?

I don't know your situation on why you lost the channel. You can try a re-boot and flush all the guide data from your system or your antenna signal maybe changed to where it isn't strong enough to pick-up the channel. Knowing the circumstances of why you lost the channel would give me more clues as to things you can try. You should be able to get the channel if your antenna signal is strong enough, and you follow the right procedure.

I don't know your situation on why you lost the channel. You can try a re-boot and flush all the guide data from your system or your antenna signal maybe changed to where it isn't strong enough to pick-up the channel. Knowing the circumstances of why you lost the channel would give me more clues as to things you can try. You should be able to get the channel if your antenna signal is strong enough, and you follow the right procedure.

Weird. It shows up in my "Edit Off-Air Channels" but I can't get it in my guide or even punch in 47-2 to get that channel. Ideas?

Weird. It shows up in my "Edit Off-Air Channels" but I can't get it in my guide or even punch in 47-2 to get that channel. Ideas?

I think it's my antenna. The antenna guy is coming next Thursday to adjust it, and hopefully that will do the trick.

I don't know if you will understand this, but. I live 58 miles from the Twin Cities (Shoreview) Towers, my antenna is pointed at those towers. I live 40 miles from the St James MN Translator Towers. Translator meaning they broadcast the Twin Cities stations on a different RF. Sometimes my antenna picks-up the feed from the St James towers and I have duplicate channels. The AM21 sometimes won't let me access certain channels because of this. In the Rochester MN area, Frost MN has translator stations. Your maybe experiencing the same thing by picking-up 2 feeds of 1 channel. Your main Roc. feed and a translator station (Frost MN) feed.

''

Just "moved" to the Twin Cities. I think Dish caught on (I think they sent a technician to uninstall my internet), but doesn't matter, I am with a different provider now! This is WAY BETTER so no plans on going back!!

The AM21 won't work with Dish, only Directv.

Well, the signal for channel is very fickle in the position that it's in. So I think it's that.

You can check your antenna signal strength on your AM21 with the signal meter. This will give you a reading on how strong and consistent the signal is. By checking at different times of the day it should give you a gauge on how strong and consistent your signal is with day/night or weather as a variable. To me a more constant reading is better than one that flucuates alot.

You can check your antenna signal strength on your AM21 with the signal meter. This will give you a reading on how strong and consistent the signal is. By checking at different times of the day it should give you a gauge on how strong and consistent your signal is with day/night or weather as a variable. To me a more constant reading is better than one that flucuates alot.

I don't need to check. It was pretty weak before on 47.1 and 47.2. The weather knocked my antenna out of position before and the antenna guys readjusted it, but I wasn't home to check when they did, but I know I can pick them up. They're fixing it on the 15th. :)

My signal meter seems to be 25% off. On channels with "no signal", they register 25%. However, another channel usually shows 70-75% but now it's showing 95-100. All channels that normally show over 75% show 100%. Is this common?

Also, forgive my lack of smiley face on my AM21 with Dish comment. I meant to put one there to show sarcasm/kidding. I assumed you got that and just mis-wrote Dish!

Simple way to check if it is your antenna is to move the coax from the AM21 to the TV's tuner and try it via the TV directly.

Simple way to check if it is your antenna is to move the coax from the AM21 to the TV's tuner and try it via the TV directly.

47.1 and 47.2 were also pretty weak on the OTA Digital Dongle for my Hopper when I was with Dish, but it also is weak straight to the TV. So it's the antenna. I'll update you guys next Thursday to see if it's any better.

I don't need to check. It was pretty weak before on 47.1 and 47.2. The weather knocked my antenna out of position before and the antenna guys readjusted it, but I wasn't home to check when they did, but I know I can pick them up. They're fixing it on the 15th. :)
Have them put a rotor on it, that way you can adjust it from inside the house whenever you want/need to.

Anybody have another zip code for This TV on 6.2? The guide info isn't always correct on mine.

Albany, NY has THIS TV on 6-2, according to Wikipedia. WRGB 6-2 is also in the database. Zip: 12202

Some reason during primetime hours this zip code and the other one gives me MyNetworkTV info during primetime. I guess I'm stuck though. Thank anyways. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts