Not picking up all local channels with AM21 Off-Air Tuner?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Darn it! Went through all the zip codes for This TV on 6.2 but none of them show correct listings for primetime.

Darn it! Went through all the zip codes for This TV on 6.2 but none of them show correct listings for primetime.
Here's something you can try. Greenville SC (29601) matches up to 6.2 KAAL RF36. Greenvilles 4.2 broadcasts on RF36. You might have to clear your AM21 like you moved but by matching RF numbers it also gives you the channel. You have to match a subchannel .2 RF36. So Greenvilles 4.2 RF36 should give you your channel if your AM21 is clean. Greenville broadcasts THIS on 4.2 RF36.

Here's something you can try. Greenville SC (29601) matches up to 6.2 KAAL RF36. Greenvilles 4.2 broadcasts on RF36. You might have to clear your AM21 like you moved but by matching RF numbers it also gives you the channel. You have to match a subchannel .2 RF36. So Greenvilles 4.2 RF36 should give you your channel if your AM21 is clean. Greenville broadcasts THIS on 4.2 RF36.

?How do you clear it?

?How do you clear it?

Reset it twice and RBR your receiver. You might have to unplug it. I didn't know what This TV in Albany is also a MY channel, sorry to lead you astray. My local This TV is not purely This either, the morning time is a local sports radio show and from 5ish to 8ish, they add syndicated shows and local news. When I tried the method coconut is speaking of, I did not match RF numbers, just the PSIP numbers and it usually works just fine!

Reset it twice and RBR your receiver. You might have to unplug it. I didn't know what This TV in Albany is also a MY channel, sorry to lead you astray. My local This TV is not purely This either, the morning time is a local sports radio show and from 5ish to 8ish, they add syndicated shows and local news. When I tried the method coconut is speaking of, I did not match RF numbers, just the PSIP numbers and it usually works just fine!

Not all the guide info is up to date yet (takes 24 hours), but I think I got it. Thanks!

Not all the guide info is up to date yet (takes 24 hours), but I think I got it. Thanks!
I'm always willing to help. Let me know if it worked for you. You did have to clear the AM21? The way it seems to work for me is, if you have a channel already established (6.2) the RF36 way won't give you the channel. But if you clear the AM21 and in your case start with your Roch. zip and the Greenville zip, it should give you 4.2 RF36 as channel 6.2 in your guide with the Greenville channel guide. Then any subsequent zips shouldn't affect it unless you have a 6.2 channel in additional zips, it then might override it. An actual channel seems to take precedence over a channel with an RF number. Let me know how it played out for you.

I'm always willing to help. Let me know if it worked for you. You did have to clear the AM21? The way it seems to work for me is, if you have a channel already established (6.2) the RF36 way won't give you the channel. But if you clear the AM21 and in your case start with your Roch. zip and the Greenville zip, it should give you 4.2 RF36 as channel 6.2 in your guide with the Greenville channel guide. Then any subsequent zips shouldn't affect it unless you have a 6.2 channel in additional zips, it then might override it. An actual channel seems to take precedence over a channel with an RF number. Let me know how it played out for you.

I understand what you're doing now, I think. If you have a clean slate and add channels with the correct RF frequency, the subchannel will appear on the correct PSIP channel when forced, even if it would be a different channel in the home area. That explains why it gets over-ridden sometimes. If you recall, I followed your advice twice and added only K-stations the second time so that it was more obvious which were "Wrong" because there are no matching affiliates on my missing channel numbers (RF or PSIP).

It looks like the guide info is updated and correct now. Thanks so much!!! :)

It looks like the guide info is updated and correct now. Thanks so much!!! :)
I'm really glad it worked for you, and don't be afraid to ask questions in the future. The AM21 is really a unique piece of eqiupment as you never know how it will act. The way the database is set-up and the biggest variable is antenna reception. If your antenna receive's well you can KINDA get what you want with it. But it really takes alot of time and patience and understanding how it does work. Every situation is different, what works for me ,might not work for anyone else.

I would love to try this along the USA/Canada border and play with it to get CBC, Global, TVA, CTV, etc on it. Has anyone, to your knowledge, tried this?

Just a thought: Have you run http://www.tvfool.com/ for your ZIP code or address ? That will give you more info than you might want. In the Dallas, Tx area, our ABC station is still running on VHF while 99 % of all other OTA stations are running UHF. Anyway, TV-Fool will give you directions and virtual and real channel numbers.
Good luck with your signal hunting!!

Just accidentally typed in another zip and pick up some over-the-air Twin Cities stations. And more zips for that area?

Just accidentally typed in another zip and pick up some over-the-air Twin Cities stations. And more zips for that area?
I use Weslaco TX (78520) to get 5.3 METV, with a matching guide. To get 29.3 BOUNCE and 29.4 MOVIES you can use either Charleston WV (25301) or Sacramento CA (94203). To get 23.3 ZUUS I use Altoona PA (16601) I use Altoona because it gives me the THIS guide on that channel. And although I can't get 5.6 THIS, I can see whats on and watch on my TV tuner. If your antenna is strong enough to pick up the ABN 33.1 to 33.3 channels I use Youngstown OH (44501). 33.3 puts the BOUNCE Guide in my DVR. No way to get 5.6 THIS, as nothing matches for secondary zips.

I use Weslaco TX (78520) to get 5.3 METV, with a matching guide. To get 29.3 BOUNCE and 29.4 MOVIES you can use either Charleston WV (25301) or Sacramento CA (94203). To get 23.3 ZUUS I use Altoona PA (16601) I use Altoona because it gives me the THIS guide on that channel. And although I can't get 5.6 THIS, I can see whats on and watch on my TV tuner. If your antenna is strong enough to pick up the ABN 33.1 to 33.3 channels I use Youngstown OH (44501). 33.3 puts the BOUNCE Guide in my DVR. No way to get 5.6 THIS, as nothing matches for secondary zips.

Thanks!!! :) Worked like a charm. It's kinda weird though, sometimes I get the Cities and sometimes I don't. I guess it's because these stations are so far away and the antenna's in the wrong direction. I'll have a rotor put on and see if I can have them work even more!

Anybody got any zip codes for La Crosse, WI? Just got a rotor for my antenna and I can pick those stations up too!!!!:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts