Not seeing local HD channels with Dish 500+

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

swaybar3

Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
IL
I pointed my Dish 500 plus yesterday. After I ran checkswitch, I saw all three satellites without a problem (110, 118, and 119). The receiver scanned for channels upon being turned on and downloaded the guide successfully. Now, I am getting local channels, but non of them in HD. I see other channels like ESPN too, but also not in HD. And yes, I have HD package and channels. I should mention that I had a hard time finding 110 after I had dialed in both 118 and 119. But now the receiver sees all three without a problem, so technically the HD channels should be there.

Other than some HD channels, I think that I am getting all the right channels. For example, I get Showtime and HBO in HD.

Here is the equipment I am using:

(1) VIP222K receiver
(2) DPP33 switch
(3) Dish Network 500+ dish

Can I try adding the channels manually? Or perhaps is there a list or file that I can load into the receiver to do this for me?

Thanks in advance!

Most HD channels are on 129 or 61.5 and 72.7

You need a bracket for your dish to add another dual lnb for 129 and you will need a DPP44 switch instead of a 33

If your HD locals are on the EA dish, you will need a 2nd dish

Your local channels in HD are probably not on the 3 satellites that you are looking at. ESPN HD is 110 so you should get that OK. Something is not right about what you say you are receiving.

Most HD channels are on 129 or 61.5 and 72.7

You need a bracket for your dish to add another dual lnb for 129 and you will need a DPP44 switch instead of a 33

If your HD locals are on the EA dish, you will need a 2nd dish

OMG, thank you!

I feel like such a noob now :eek:
I need 129 to get the HD local channels for my region (Chicago).

Now I only have two questions:
(1) Assuming that I have 110, 118, and 119 aimed perfectly, will the addition of the 129 LNB require me to repoint the dish?
(2) Is the 129 LNB identical to the LNB that I have for 110?

International?

I pointed my Dish 500 plus yesterday. After I ran checkswitch, I saw all three satellites without a problem (110, 118, and 119). The receiver scanned for channels upon being turned on and downloaded the guide successfully. Now, I am getting local channels, but non of them in HD. I see other channels like ESPN too, but also not in HD. And yes, I have HD package and channels. I should mention that I had a hard time finding 110 after I had dialed in both 118 and 119. But now the receiver sees all three without a problem, so technically the HD channels should be there.

Other than some HD channels, I think that I am getting all the right channels. For example, I get Showtime and HBO in HD.

Here is the equipment I am using:

(1) VIP222K receiver
(2) DPP33 switch
(3) Dish Network 500+ dish

Can I try adding the channels manually? Or perhaps is there a list or file that I can load into the receiver to do this for me?

Thanks in advance!
Do you have international chs off 118?

Well, you're going to need two dishes or do without some programming.

I suggest you aim a dish500 at 129, LoS permitting. And keep the 500+ as is. Probably the best and easiest solution

You could get a dish 1000.2 for 110 119 129 and keep the 500 for 118.

You could get a dish 1000.4 and the new LNB and do as in the preceding sentence.

You could get 1000.4 dish for 72.7 77 and 61.5, and keep the 500 for 118.

Best of luck.

navy, you missed the best option, a dish 1000+ for 110,118,119 & 129

Correct, that's what I'll do now. I am going to buy an extra LNB for 129 and turn the 500+ to 1000+. My 500+ already came with an extra bracket.

The one thing I'm still unsure of is how to connect the DPP44 switch to 1000+ dish. The best technical drawing I found was this: http://www.satelliteone.com/support-files/dpp/DISH_Pro_Plus_44_Switch_A.pdf

I know that I need the power inserter, but do I really need the seperator like in the drawing above for my VIP222K? I realize that my receiver is dual tuner, but it's only for 1 TV. :confused:

before I bought an additional LNB and DPP44 I'd just buy a 1000.4 (or atleast the LNB and arm) and make a 1000.5

Should be a little cheaper than another LNB and DPP44, it would also be a little easier to wire.

before I bought an additional LNB and DPP44 I'd just buy a 1000.4 (or atleast the LNB and arm) and make a 1000.5

Should be a little cheaper than another LNB and DPP44, it would also be a little easier to wire.
1000.4 or 1000.5 won't work for the OP. He receives international channels from 118 and needs to do the 1000+

I know that I need the power inserter, but do I really need the seperator like in the drawing above for my VIP222K? I realize that my receiver is dual tuner, but it's only for 1 TV. :confused:
If you are using a 33 switch now, there should already be a seperator on the 222k. I would use one even if it is only connected to one tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts