Nothing but 0's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

marc75043

Original poster
Sep 9, 2011
Midlothian, TX
Ok here's my problem. I have DIRECTV at my home. I want to add it to my RV using the same account which I know is possible. I have an extra standard box and a SL3 SWM dish I took off my other home that they left when I moved. I've tried setting it up but Im getting no signal. The dish on my home setup has a power supply for the dish. Do I also need one for the single box setup in my RV? I've spent quite a bit of time trying to dial this dish in with no luck.

Thanks

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Yes, you need the power inserter anytime you are using a swm lnb. Otherwise the receiver/dvr will try to supply the power and it may burn out the power supply.

Well that would explain a lot. All my efforts have been for not. My box is one I took from my current setup which is using a SWM. I just ordered an extra when I had the system installed. So is it possible to get a power inserter from DirecTV or can I buy it off the shelf?

If youre only using a standard box, why bother with the slimline dish. Just go with one of the small 18" dishes. They are not that hard to get ahold of. Craigslist will get you plenty of calls.

If youre only using a standard box, why bother with the slimline dish. Just go with one of the small 18" dishes. They are not that hard to get ahold of. Craigslist will get you plenty of calls.

I didn't see anywhere where the op said he was using a standard box. In fact, he said it comes from a swm setup, so it would most likely be swm compatible, yes?

raoul5788 said:
I didn't see anywhere where the op said he was using a standard box. In fact, he said it comes from a swm setup, so it would most likely be swm compatible, yes?

His very first post he says he has an extra standard box and slimline dish. I agree with finding an 18' dish. I'd drive around and just find one. If you was close I'd give you several I've picked up along the way

raoul5788 said:

And yes, a D-12 is SWM compatible but it can go either way. So with it being a SWM system he has it's got to be a D-12

His very first post he says he has an extra standard box and slimline dish. I agree with finding an 18' dish. I'd drive around and just find one. If you was close I'd give you several I've picked up along the way

Ah, I see it now! Either way, it's swm compatible if he was using it in a swm setup before.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)