Notice Anything Different?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Anyone notice anything different? :)

I just finished upgrading our forum software to the new version in addition I have applied a new look to SatelliteGuys plus added a brand new PDA mode!

For registered members, the new look gets rid of our blue left side navigation bar and instead brings us tabs near the top of the page. This give you more room for messages!

For unregistered members we were required to redesign our ad layout at the request of our sydicated ad agency, while the ads have moved we are happy to report that your now seeing less ads then before! If you register / login you will see far less ads.... and if you become a supporting Pub Member for $19.99 a year you even see less ads (plus get access to more features) For information on becoming a pub member please CLICK HERE!

We have a few more changes coming on Sunday.. so stay tuned!

As always your feedback and suggestions are encouraged and welcomed!

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys.US!

I just got on and it was the first thing I noticed. Looking good so far. I just got used to the side bar, so this will take a little time to adjust.

Hey the button tabs look familiar. I like it. Still a lot of white space up top but there must be a reason for it. I love the real estate gain without that side bar.

Yup,
I like it better, always liked the options on the top better, I may have mentioed that when it was changed last time.
But as you mentioned, changes were nessasary.

Yes I like it
Keep up the great work !!!

Jimbo

Forum Button

Scott,
Can we get a "Forum" dropdown button on the top so we can move from forum to forum without going to the bottom ?

Jimbo

After a few mins of using the new look, I am liking it better and better.....told ya I would get used to it..:D

I like it alot.

but the problems i posted on the beta site are still there in PDA mode (extra text at the top of the pub and operations center)

We are still working on a few things in the new PDA mode. The improved functionality outweighs the few cosmetic issues.

I expect there to be a few updates of the PDA mode over the week. :D

Still not used to the entire screen being used for messages. Takes some getting used to on my widescreen. :)

Scott,
Can we get a "Forum" dropdown button on the top so we can move from forum to forum without going to the bottom ?

Jimbo

Yes, I second the motion. I like the tabs and the look, but I miss the "forums" clickable that was on the left side of the screen.

Yes, I second the motion. I like the tabs and the look, but I miss the "forums" clickable that was on the left side of the screen.

Yup, thats exactly what I was looking for !

Is there any reason why about 5 minutes ago I could not access the site at all ?

Jimbo

You weren't the only one that couldn't get in. I had a ping going to it and only 1 drop in 638 pings avg 17ms.

Anyone notice anything different? :)

I just finished upgrading our forum software to the new version in addition I have applied a new look to SatelliteGuys plus added a brand new PDA mode!

For registered members, the new look gets rid of our blue left side navigation bar and instead brings us tabs near the top of the page. This give you more room for messages!

Except that now "Ads by Google" remain inside the posts even after I login! Sucks big time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts