Notice Anything Different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to make my browser window rather wide in order to stop getting (2) rows of tabs (actually, only "Donate $$$" wraps down to the 2nd line). Could you consider making some changes to the tab labels ?? Maybe like this:

Members Gallery >> Gallery
User Controls >> User CP (or Customize)

Also, do you really need/want a "Logout" tab ? There is a "Log Out" link in the bar just below it too ? No need for it two times...

Any updates to PDA mode are always welcomed..... :)

Only issue I have since the past weekend when everything was updated...

{I view the site on my Treo... it doesn't remember me anymore. It always wants me to log in everytime I return to the site.}

I often view the site while on the go.. and never had this issue before.

I hope this is something that will be resolved in an update... it's a real pain.

Everything else is great!

Better. Another suggestion: Lose the "$$$" on the Donate tab. I think "Donate" is sufficient.

Also, "HomePage" should be "Home Page".

Here:

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 101
I really like the Forums Tab now, makes it much easier to get back to the main forums page.

I'm guessing it appears or doesn't appear based on if you've donated or not. I have, so not sure why I see it....

I don't know how AdBlocker works, but I suspect the ads may still load, it just disables them from being viewable to the end-user (??). Can a browser tell a webserver NOT to send certain data ? I don't think it can.

Not true. The browser still has to request the data, the webserver doesn't send the pictures to you, the browser pulls based on the HTML code. If the browser doesn't pull the graphics then they don't come across.

Adblocker is a nice plugin for Firefox, especially for slow internet users. A lot the pages I frequent I block out more than just the standard ads. Several logos and other graphics I block that hog the real estate on the screen, some of the really annoying animated avatars that distract from reading, etc.

Not to mention some of the sites link to other slow sites for other scripts, counters etc that cause page loads to slow to a crawl, you can also block those out. Makes the browsing experience lightning fast!

Scott,

Why aren't the online users in alphabetical order anymore. I like seeing who's online.

S~

I have been trying to figure that out myself... I was looking at it yesterday trying to figure it out. :)

Since the new PDA Mode was implemented, I've made 1 reply to a message in the FTA area. Shortly after that I began to receive many junk emails (stocks, medicines, etc). I haven't sent any emails out so I wondering if the new setup has a hole that an internet spider crawled through. Any other problems like this reported or should I look if other internet sources got nailed (friends, businesses, etc.). Thanks.

No the PDA mode wouldnt do that, its just a skin which gives a different look which is better for those with PDA's.

All the security and posting etc are handled by the same software as the rest of the site, it is not posted in a special way just because you in PDA mode.

Log into the vB admin area, go to vBulletin Options > Forums Home Page Options > Display Logged in Users? and from there you can select the Random or Alphabetical listing options. Some admins set it to random to save a little server resources. Hope that helps!

I have been trying to figure that out myself... I was looking at it yesterday trying to figure it out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)