now Dish wants two phone numbers, WHY?

Anybody that asks for my phone number gets a Google Voice number that isnt forwarded to anything. I get enough damn phone calls.

The point of the second number is so the tech can get ahold if the customer.

Top many times I will see a customer give their home land line number and refuse to give their cell phone.

I just laugh when those very same customers complain that nobody called them that the tech was running late, or nobody called them when the tech had to cancel their job because they needed directions to their home.

It's like email addresses. We try to get them for every order because the customer is sent an older summery.

I was setting up an order for one of my door to door reps today and am told the customer doesn't have one. C'mon, everyone has an email address these days, and there should be no reason why someone should not have an email if they are younger than 40.

I tried to log in to my Dish account tonight and it told me that I couldn't because some of my profile information was invalid. It had my second phone number listed as 999-999-9999. I had never entered a second phone number, but now, it says that it's a REQUIRED field. I don't have a second phone, so I entered my girlfriend's cell phone number. But is she going to get calls from Dish on her cell phone? I haven't got a call from Dish on my landline in a long time, but I used to get them constantly. I wouldn't want them calling my cell phone even if I had one, for that matter. So why the hell do they need two phone numbers?

She will get calls only if...
A) Dish is attempting to contact you for promotions, such as free upgrades. programming or to up sell....And you do not answer the primary number after a number of attempts.
B) if you set up a service appointment, the tech may attempt to contact you for an update or a precall. If you don't answer the primary number, the tech will call the secondary number.

dishcomm said:
She will get calls only if...
A) Dish is attempting to contact you for promotions, such as free upgrades. programming or to up sell....And you do not answer the primary number after a number of attempts.
B) if you set up a service appointment, the tech may attempt to contact you for an update or a precall. If you don't answer the primary number, the tech will call the secondary number.

And for collections too if you don't pay your bill ;)

It's like email addresses. We try to get them for every order because the customer is sent an older summery.

I was setting up an order for one of my door to door reps today and am told the customer doesn't have one. C'mon, everyone has an email address these days, and there should be no reason why someone should not have an email if they are younger than 40.
Not everyone, especially those in rural areas with no broadband, who happen to be Satellite's best market. My sister doesn't have an email address for that very reason.

I can't believe most people don't have a cell by now,hell I can't believe anyone still has a landline if you have broadband use Skype,Vonage some kind of ipbased telephone...you say don't want to use a PC to make calls hell Skype has regular phone that plug in to the wall its like 2.99 a month....anyway I work in lumber sales we often go to someone house for a delivery but guess what they gave us the wrong number so we wouldn't call them we can't find the house and don't have a good number just yesterday we went to 129 pine st dropped a load cust called back says where is my load say its at 129 pine st she says no it isn't so we got pick it up cust sees us says its down the road her mailbox says 147 she insist its 129 she also wouldn't answer the phone

Sent from my Lumia 925

It is so they can call each of us personally on our cell phones to let us know when the Disney deal is done.

I can't believe most people don't have a cell by now
My father doesn't have one, mostly because he's happy with his landline, and cell coverage is awful at his house. You have to go outside to be able to hear anyone.

Lots of rural areas don't have broadband or decent cell coverage. Cell coverage at my house sucks, but I'm able to get cable internet so Sprint provided me with an internet cell "mini-tower".

Folks, as has been mentioned earlier, if you don't have a second number, just SAY SO if they ask. Nobody says you have to have one, it's being added for your benefit, if you have a tech scheduled, and the tech fails to get you on the #1 phone number. Adding random nonsense numbers doesn't do anybody any good.

As I said in my original post, the website claimed that the second number was REQUIRED. I didn't think about just closing the pop-up, because I actually didn't realize that the form was being presented in a pop-up. (I guess I was too annoyed at seeing the stupidity in the first place, plus I'm used to websites doing their actual business on the main page and only using popups for unnecessary things.)

I run into that from time to time and just put the same number in both. I use a google voice number that is given out to companies and it rings whatever phone I happened to have near me at the time including my desk at the office or my cell in my pocket.

Last night I went on there to upgrade my programming & there it was again, so I just did like others have, & added the home number a second time.

Some subs can be so dense... So let's simplify this down.

If you place an order for something, or ask for a tech, have one and only one phone number on the account, and fail to answer that phone number or it's bad; YOUR ORDER/TECH IS BEING CANCELED. Done, period, finito; self-inflicted pain by conspiracy theory nutjobs is far too tiring to deal with. You don't have to provide two unique phone numbers, but if you don't, it's your own fault when whatever shipment you order doesn't arrive to you, or the tech leaves. There are 14M+ subs to deal with, in the grand scheme, YOUR account isn't that important. When it becomes an inconvenience, it gets skipped.

Or...put in a second valid phone number. Your choice, and DISH is all about giving choice to subs. Enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts