NOW IT'S HERE. NOW IT'S GONE. 70% QUALITY TO 5% QUALITY...?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wow, this sounds sooooo much like what's happening to me!
Maybe I just need to point the little dish at something totally different, leave it there and use the 10 foot dish for the good stuff.

Okay, it's raining today and last night, and I have to go to work at my 2nd job, so not much will get done for a while, but I will folowup on the suggestions.

Okay, it's looking like FAT AIR is going to win the prize...

I went out tonight and stood on the stepladder and put my meter on the LNBF while I unscrewed the one, single, screw holding the dual LNBF. I pulled it out to the 42 db marking and turned, tweaked (love that word...) the LNBF while watching the meter. It LOCKED! I didn't record the Quality reading, However, I could not keep it there. Every time I tightened the screw, I lost the lock on the Quality. After 15 minutes of this I locked it down and gave it a rest...

I need to go back and read the record breaking thread of Dee's here and see who and what soemone recommended for using to ensure the cheepo C Band LNBF fits tighter in the holder. I think it was a jar lid holder? or dish scrubber? something thin and rubbery or no-slip?

Rain finally quit. 72 deg today and 82 deg tomorrow. My excuses are dwindling for not finishing this project...

I had a feed that, no mater how careful, would move the feed when you tried to tighten the screw to hold it in place. I resorted to sharpening a point on the screw. That and some thin rubber on the opposite side got it to not "move around" when locking it into place. Didn't have to tighten the screw that snug either. Looking forward to hearing about "Successful Tweaking"(lol)

Last edited:
I think, or I hope that was my suggestion that she could use some of the non slip matting made of rubber that you can buy at most discount stores for your dishes in your cupboard. I have the green stuff but it comes in many colors, white, tan etc. It's super thin, and has holes in it. I also use it on my work bench to hold pieces of wood when I carve wood using a router.

What I did was cut a strip about four inches long and one half inch wide, just enough to wrap around the LNB, then push the LNB into the ring. It was thick enough in some places that the rubber wouldn't insert itself into the ring, and I had to use a very small knife to sort of force the rubber matting into the ring between the ring and the LNB. Is any of this making sense?

Then when I tightened the one screw, just as the LNB started to wobble, I released the pressure of my hand and it just sort of stayed there, so I stopped everything, and it's been holding like that for nearly six months.

Another thing you could try, and this is a better method, but harder to do, take the ring off the arms, and drill a couple of holes offset by 1/3 the distance around the ring, and put two more screws into the holes, THAT will hold the LNB without doing any damage. When I posted that idea to Dee-Ann, I said to look at the way there were three screws holding the light fixture in the bathroom.

Is that / are those the ideas you were referring too?

Hope this helps.

Photto

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts