Now that the war is over, are you buying a Blu-ray player?

Now that the war is over, are you buying a Blu-ray player?

• I am going to buy a Blu-ray player this week

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I am planning to buy a Blu-ray player within 3 months

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I am planning to buy a Blu-ray player this year

Votes: 28 18.5%
  • No plans to buy a Blu-ray player this year

Votes: 50 33.1%
  • Already have a Blu-ray player

Votes: 65 43.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, it just takes time to create it. ;)

I figure next year I'll be buying a stand alone, to go with my PS3.

Already have a PS3 but I plan on getting a stand alone when I pick up a LCD for the master bedroom. Should be some attractive prices by the time Memorial weekend rolls around. I love this!! First the Giants win now this, life is good :D

I too have the PS3 but I am looking forward to a 2.0 standalone down the road -- maybe this Xmas.

Standalone Blu-ray player?
When it can play ripped BD movies from a hard drive over wired/wireless network regardless
of AACS and BD+ present and costs under $100 - I'd buy one. If it's not Sony.

Diogen.

I voted no. Right now with my DVR, I've got enough HD to watch. When the mood strikes me for a movie my 8-year old Toshiba DVD player (yup still running :D ) will be fine for me and all the movies I already own.

If, next year, it looks like HDM is actually going to become as popular as DVD, then I'll look into it...unless the aforementioned 8-year old Toshiba DVD player takes a crap, then it may be a different story.

Standalone Blu-ray player?
When it can play ripped BD movies from a hard drive over wired/wireless network regardless
of AACS and BD+ present and costs under $100 - I'd buy one. If it's not Sony.

Diogen.

Give the man a cigar! I am with ya Brother! :up:D

When standalone 2.0 players are less than $150 I'll buy. I have multiple HDTVs and I'm not going to buy game machines for them. I can wait...

I have no plans on purchasing anything Blu-ray....

Standard DVD is just fine for me and I will stick with it until I have no other choice but to switch.

Funny how for some people, upconverted DVD wasn't good enough- until HD DVD bit the dust. Then suddenly, high def doesn't matter, the old stuff is just fine.

"Stereo is just a fad!" :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts