GolTV
HD Net Movies
MGM
Sony Movie Channel
Universal
Smithsonian
Crime & Investigation
Fuel TV

To get the channels listed that are part of the HD Extra pack you do need to sub to the HD extra pack.

What are you using?

I've setup a VPN using my Windows 7 home computer. It's very easy to setup. When I'm away, I simply connect to my VPN on my iPad and I'm able to see my receivers, and stream live since it "thinks" I'm at home :)

gigahurtz said:
I've setup a VPN using my Windows 7 home computer. It's very easy to setup. When I'm away, I simply connect to my VPN on my iPad and I'm able to see my receivers, and stream live since it "thinks" I'm at home :)

You must have a good Internet connection. It checks latency to try and detect VPN connections.

It now forces you to update to 1.3.9 if your on an earlier version.

Additionally if you try to edit the various plist files and replace all references to version number 1.3.7 with 1.3.9, the app will say something like unknown version number detected and not proceed to load. The version number is probobly checksumed somewhere else. There are a few cryptic looking keys in the app preferences. I know some are the social network credentials for socialtv plugins which is good to see passwords not in the clear... but I'm not sure how to trick it to be 1.3.9. Who knows it could create a random hash based on your device ID and calculate the version off that, store it in 3 different places and if that's the case I don't know how anyone could ever trick it.

Then if you put a network analyzer on a SPAN port and watch all traffic from the ipad and tcp kill connections to directv, sure it doesn't check the version number, but the app never loads AT ALL, because checking in is a requirement. It just sits there spinning.

The latest update allows you to watch directv from anywhere and not just in the home. Its about time!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts