NPS price increase as of July 1st.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I agree pro

went through and found a fair amount of channels SRL carries that NPS doesnt

also SRL has the pick 10 pack which is nice :)

I wish they would add the MTV mini pack channels to there pick 10 that would be great.

i tried adding up all the channels i wanted ala carte, and nothing beats the absolute digital package from nps

who/what was ysp?

Yield Spread Premium

aka a broker...basically NPS dropping everything and being a seller of Dish Network only

Here's what left of YSP and soon to be partners with NPS, along with Charlie Ergan. :D

4DTV

I dont know why you bash Charlie Ergen, he is the found of Echostar, which made C-Band Receiver's and Dishes

I think mini-dish and big-dish have to co-exist

there are two types of people, the button pushers and the bigwigs

me,tvropro,anole,iceberg, etc are bigwigs

We have done it all, setting up directv systems, setting up a 4dtv system,etc
So we and some other people need satellite tv in master feeds, the original source, not the re-compressed junk.

Now we have the button pushers, the elderly, the weak, the disabled or the lazy. They cant or dont know how to set up some monster dish, run all those cables, and hook everything up, program the satellites, authorize the 4dtv, and get a subscription.

They dont care if there video has some noise in it, as long as it keeps them occupied.

So we will always have mini dish and big dish, because cable and mini-dish companies need something that wont rain fade, so they pick c band.

Fiber is a good option, but it cant be run everywhere.

What i envision in the future for 4dtv, powervu and etc; what ever scrambling method is used, all the channels will be put on satellites close together, and they will make antennas that use a multi lnb system.

Think about it, no longer having to wait on your dish to move, having it get stuck during ice storms, replacing wires to your actuator or replacing reed sensors everything can be received on one dish, think of it as the slimlime or super dish of c-band.

Satellite Tv will be here for at least 20 years or so. Fiber, will not, I repeat wil not replace satellite transmission.

I dont know why you bash Charlie Ergen, he is the found of Echostar, which made C-Band Receiver's and Dishes

I think mini-dish and big-dish have to co-exist

there are two types of people, the button pushers and the bigwigs

me,tvropro,anole,iceberg, etc are bigwigs

We have done it all, setting up directv systems, setting up a 4dtv system,etc
So we and some other people need satellite tv in master feeds, the original source, not the re-compressed junk.

Now we have the button pushers, the elderly, the weak, the disabled or the lazy. They cant or dont know how to set up some monster dish, run all those cables, and hook everything up, program the satellites, authorize the 4dtv, and get a subscription.

They dont care if there video has some noise in it, as long as it keeps them occupied.

So we will always have mini dish and big dish, because cable and mini-dish companies need something that wont rain fade, so they pick c band.

Fiber is a good option, but it cant be run everywhere.

What i envision in the future for 4dtv, powervu and etc; what ever scrambling method is used, all the channels will be put on satellites close together, and they will make antennas that use a multi lnb system.

Think about it, no longer having to wait on your dish to move, having it get stuck during ice storms, replacing wires to your actuator or replacing reed sensors everything can be received on one dish, think of it as the slimlime or super dish of c-band.

Satellite Tv will be here for at least 20 years or so. Fiber, will not, I repeat wil not replace satellite transmission.

Did you miss seeing the VIP 211 under my 50" plasma. Here it is again.:D

Attachments

• 101_1460 (Large).JPG
    101_1460 (Large).JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 119
if you can get hd thorugh dish, why even have a 4dtv sub?

Seriously, It supplements my Bud. As like you said. They co-exist well together. But, if fiber does ever make it to my house. The Vip211 is going into the garbage along with the insignia LCD. ;)

instead of buying a hdd-200 why dont a guy buy an upconverting hard drive recorder? it would record the sd off 4dtv for ya, the upconvert it!

I'm glad I decided to come back and sub with NPS before July 1st!

I, like many, have spent time looking through the provider offerings to see who has the "best".

IMHO SRL has the best to offer, with the exception of the G3 stuff, which we know are re-uplinks exclusive to NPS and I'm okay with that.

As I learned a while back, we have the freedom of choice like no other with the big dish, you want TNT, Cartoon Network - fine, buy them from NPS - I do! You want the other stuff, buy those too, from SRL

The way I see it - the more subs the better!

NPS has had a lot of price increases over the past two years. Of course most everything else has gone up too.

Last edited:
NPS has had a lot of price increases over the past two years. Of course most everything else has gone up too.

:eek:

Jan 31, 2008
NPS Digital Exclusives Pak #927 (Digital)

A&E
AMC
Cartoon
CMTV
CNBC
CourtTV
Hallmark
Lifetime
MSNBC
MTV
NFL
Fox News
TV LAND
USA
VH1
WPIX

Month $20.00

Quarter $55.00

6 Month $104.99

Annual $199.99 ($12.50/channel)

Jul 5, 2009

NPS Digital Exclusives Pak #927 (Digital)

A&E
AMC
Cartoon
CMTV
CNBC
CNN
CNN Headline News
Comedy Central
Fox News
Tru TV
Hallmark
Interactive Program Guide
Lifetime
MSNBC
NFL
TNT
USA
VH1
WPIX
SPIKE TV

Month $32.00

Quarter $88.00

6 Month $167.99

Annual $319.99 ($15.99/channel)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)