NPS Shutting Down G3 Channels in April

Status
Please reply by conversation.
H:eek:LY CRAP! 15.0!... that's as high as they go isn't it?
Most impressive! :D:up

Probably get more than the meter says, but I broke it at +15 :eek:

Like I always say BIGGER IS BETTER. :)

+15 is maxed out on the DC-2.

Threshold is +4 so I have 11 db of headroom, not bad :up

I just got off the phone with NPS. I got all the same info about G3 that was posted earlier BUT I was also told this- Motorola is pulling the plug on all 4DTV C-band authorizations as of the end of the year! Anybody else heard that?

I just got off the phone with NPS. I got all the same info about G3 that was posted earlier BUT I was also told this- Motorola is pulling the plug on all 4DTV C-band authorizations as of the end of the year! Anybody else heard that?

I wouldn't believe much from NPS right now because it seems we get more than one story from them daily and we had more than one posting on this subject. Go with SRL or SkyVision for your programming.
Also I just read this posting on Satforms from Philip (PCHILDS) who said he used to work closely at Motorola with the 4DTV design team and I'm not sure if he's on this forum or not, so I copied what he said.

"For sure there's no plan to stop 4DTV in April. I think that's is 100% safe to share as "my sources" say there's no planed date to shut down 4DTV (I'm not saying it won't happen some day, just that there's no date chosen - as long as there's "enough" programers and subscribers it will be around)."

Philip

Like been said by others take anything from NPS right now with "GREAT UNCERTAINTY"

NPS is blowing smoke still and will continue their charade.

The truth is here:

TvroPro.... What's up with the 4DTV....

I'm amazed to how many people still haven't caught on to NPS and how misleading they've been. Kind of frightening to thing of all the users who may not even belong to a forum and only relies on NPS for there news. Like been mentioned before I hope maybe SRL or SkyVision could get Motorola to output a mailing to all the 4DTV receivers to the truth., might help the fallout.

NPS is doing an injustice to all 4DTV users. It's a dirty little plan sealed behind close doors with the CEO of NPS and Dish Network. NPS is being ruthless about this too. All we can do is keep getting the word out and hope that a massive mailing happens to the 4DTV receivers soon. Everyday though NPS takes out more unsuspecting innocent 4DTV users with there campaign.

The more posted here though gets spydered by the search engines. Sat Guys has high ranking on search engines.

I worry that the typical 4DTV user may never know this website even exists unless they ran into a problem and tried to repair it themselves. My quest for information is what led me here 3 years ago.

I really wish they would send out the message with the 4DTV mailbox system to all receivers.

( For the little off topic dish discussion above... I will relax my 6' dish C band DVB-S2 observations now. I found out I can receive the S2 on 95° with one of my Prodelins with 65Q.) :D

Oh please!!!! I'm not mocking anyone. Just breaking down the sermon i've been hearing you guys preach the last couple of months. Besides, it's only TV. So lighten up!

It isn'y only TV, it is TV that users directly subscribe to and pay good money for, and with a subscription service that is on very shakey ground. You wouln't laugh it your provider was taking away channels you already paid for, and didn't refund you, would you?

If it were free TV, I wouldn't sweat it so much.

I am not affected by this mess, at least directly, for I don't subscribe to anything but Shaw direct. I could be affected because they use DCII, and the Authorization Center at San Diego.

"For sure there's no plan to stop 4DTV in April. I think that's is 100% safe to share as "my sources" say there's no planed date to shut down 4DTV (I'm not saying it won't happen some day, just that there's no date chosen - as long as there's "enough" programers and subscribers it will be around)."

Philip

It only makes sense, why would they stop supporting as long as they are making money?!

I wonder how many subs NPS really has, I know they claim having the majority, but it would be interesting to know the truth, as it would be interesting to know how many people still use 4Dtv.
Terry

NPS sub numbers I'm sure have been adjusted for the largest impact to keep there swap out campaign believable to the unsuspecting subscriber.

Probably get more than the meter says, but I broke it at +15 :eek:

Like I always say BIGGER IS BETTER. :)

+15 is maxed out on the DC-2.

Threshold is +4 so I have 11 db of headroom, not bad :up

I have the same dish as TVPro and with a pair of CalAmp LNB's and a little tweaking last weekend I am getting 15's across the arc except for AMC3 and AMC2,4. Those are at a mere 12!

I have the same dish as TVPro and with a pair of CalAmp LNB's and a little tweaking last weekend I am getting 15's across the arc except for AMC3 and AMC2,4. Those are at a mere 12!

I thought +15 was the norm :eek: :D Gotta love that 12-XL :)

I thought +15 was the norm :eek: :D Gotta love that 12-XL :)

I thought it was tracking well with +12 on most sats and a couple of +15.Then after a couple of heavy wet snows I was breaking up on some S2 feeds. Finally had some decent weather this wekkend,lowered the dish about four degrees and now think I am using eleven feet of it anyway!Next good weekennd I will try to prove the myth of +15 wrong and report back with a +17 or +20!

I wouldn't believe much from NPS right now because it seems we get more than one story from them daily and we had more than one posting on this subject. Go with SRL or SkyVision for your programming.
Also I just read this posting on Satforms from Philip (PCHILDS) who said he used to work closely at Motorola with the 4DTV design team and I'm not sure if he's on this forum or not, so I copied what he said.

Philip

Like been said by others take anything from NPS right now with "GREAT UNCERTAINTY"

Well this has gone on long enough... Time to get to the bottom of this mess. There is a wonderful service here in the great state of Indiana. The att. Gen calls it the consumer complaint form. I'm filling one out since I live in Indiana. See what happens. I know that if Moto is not shutting down, and NPS says that moto is, That will spell trouble for NPS. We do not need fraud involved in getting people to sign up to any service. Period. If people were / are misslead in signing any contract, that is a Bozo No No. Have a great day! :)

Note: I will post a copy of the complaint as soon as I get it printed and mailed.

Well this has gone on long enough... Time to get to the bottom of this mess. There is a wonderful service here in the great state of Indiana. The att. Gen calls it the consumer complaint form. I'm filling one out since I live in Indiana. See what happens. I know that if Moto is not shutting down, and NPS says that moto is, That will spell trouble for NPS. We do not need fraud involved in getting people to sign up to any service. Period. If people were / are misslead in signing any contract, that is a Bozo No No. Have a great day! :)

Note: I will post a copy of the complaint as soon as I get it printed and mailed.
Same here in Pennsylvania. I just filed an on-line complaint. The state AG's office has been helpful in the past (they nailed Dishnet on my behalf) so I am optimistic.

I just received a response from TNT. The last I heard there was about 20 thousand subs to C-band. So in my letter the term Tens of thousands is correct. He he he. Anyways here is what I received so far.....

Thank you for contacting TNT.

Your feedback is valued and will be received and reviewed by a member of our TNT web staff. All communications will be reported to the appropriate departments.

Should your correspondence require a response, please resubmit a ticket using the appropriate selection. Make sure the subject: “QUESTION” is selected. We will make every attempt to provide a response to you in a timely manner.

Many answers can be found by utilizing the extensive Knowledge Base that has been established for your convenience and we encourage you to explore this tool thoroughly. TNT receives an extraordinarily high volume of emails and common questions such as issues with Full Episode Viewing, how to buy DVD’s of our shows and how to find your favorite programs on the schedule have been thoroughly addressed in the Knowledge Base.

PLEASE NOTE: The more specific you are when making your feedback selections, the more accurate the information you will receive will be.

Thank you for watching!

Best,
TNT Web Staff

Ticket Information:Ticket #:5450-5033002Date Created:3/10/2010 6:26 AM EDTDetails:

Good day,
I am one of several thousands of subscribers that have tv delivered by the big old dish. Many of us live in uncabled areas with no plans for us to have cable service. We also simply can't afford the prices of the small dish services. Not to mention loss of signal that the small dishes have during bad weather. It has been told to us that TNT has elected to stop broadcasting on C-band by April first. There are other providers besides NPS. NPS has elected to get out of the C-band business. Are there plans to go with another provider? Skyvision is very actice in the C-band arena. I hope that you and the other networks on G-3 wil continue to send your signal to the thousands of us that are stuck with c-band. The total viewership is in it's self the size of a small cable company. We should not be forgotten.
Any info on this would be appreciated. Unless we have another way to get your programming that is affordable, you have lost tens of thousands of subscribers.
Thank You for your time.

All we can do is wait and see. I still have not received any response from Fox or CNN as of yet. Maybe they don't care about their viewers. Looks like Al-Jazeera for the news now as they are FTA. I even mentioned that in my letters to Fox and CNN hoping to get some response. Oh well life goes on. Besides, if Moto gets out of the 4d bussiness, then someone could come up with a way to mod our units to keep them going. If Moto gets out of the bussiness, then there is no damages or problem using a program like 4play or something similar to get the most out of them. There are a ton of digicipher signals out there and it would be a shame if they could not be subbed to. Maybe somebody will be able to make a digicipher receiver with more possibilities of subbing to channels that we can't now due to the stranglehold that Moto has at the moment. Once they out, they out in my opinion. Have a great day! :)

Last edited:
My complaint to the AG.....

Thank you for your time,
First off I would like to inform you of some misleading statements from the company named above. I at the moment have only one thing in mind and I do not know if there is anything you can do. I certianly hope however that you could at least get to the bottom of this.
For many years now NPS, (National Programming Service,) has provided C-band satellite service for thousands of people. This year they decided to shut down operations because of lack of subscribers. I do not argue with that. What I do have a problem with is their way of informing their customers like me and directing them to Dish Network. They are telling people that Motorola is stopping their support of the digicipher receiver known as the 4dtv receiver. This was to take effect this spring. After doing much research I have found this to be a total lie. Motorola is continuing their support for the forseeable future. Manipulating people by giving false info is no good. Hope you can help.

When asked how I would like this resolved this is what I told the AG..

First release the "exclusive" rights to the channels they carry so other uplinkers can sell them.
Second be truthful and explain that there are other C-band uplinkers to go to if they like. Not claim that there is no hope but for Dish Network.
Third don't charge for services not delivered.

All one can do now is wait. I wanted to go into much more detail however the AG web site limited the size of the complaint. If they have questions, they should call. Have a great day! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)