NPS Shutting Down G3 Channels in April

Status
Please reply by conversation.
H

tvropro is correct that he has just about destroyed the 4DTV Forums over at Satforums.

We need to nip this in the bud here and not allow it. I guess there's always another one to come along. I thought we were through with all the BS after techfizzle got the boot.

also removed some of the off topic bickering...some I had to keep since there were responses already that were actually constructive :)

Tvropro do not worry about guyz like that trying to steer new 4DTV owners away, i am one of the new 4DTVers and will sub my 922 to the end. It does not take much to tell this guy is all hot air and should find a new hobbie

Well now I can take my "mod" hat off and put my "member" hat back on :)
(that mod hat doesnt fit right) ;)

But we have the ability to remove a forum from a member who is getting out of hand so they dont even see it. It is used very rarely but in cases like this it was warranted.

i to want to thank you i quit going to the other sat forum on 4dtv, for a minute there thought i was gonna have to quit coming here too

Yeah thanks Ice.
The problem with the other sat forum is there are a lot of people there who just want to try and show how smart they are, they never help any one just posture a lot, this forum seams to be level headed, and helpful, which I appresheate, I remember once on the other forum a few years ago, there was a discussion about how big of a dish you HAD to have to receive C band, if you did not have at least a 10 footer you where an idiot, and it all came down to those who had the equipment to test the signal telling those of us with smaller dishes that our signal was junk even though it looks fine to me!!!
I know Ive said it before but...I like it here!!
Terry

The problem with the other sat forum is there are a lot of people there who just want to try and show how smart they are, they never help any one just posture a lot, this forum seams to be level headed, and helpful, which I appresheate, I remember once on the other forum a few years ago, there was a discussion about how big of a dish you HAD to have to receive C band, if you did not have at least a 10 footer you where an idiot, and it all came down to those who had the equipment to test the signal telling those of us with smaller dishes that our signal was junk even though it looks fine to me!!!
we had someone like that here who said you cant get much on a 6 footer. We proved them wrong. Then it was "you cant get a good quality signal" and we showed them. Then they tried the old "well its not 2 degree compliant"

Heck if I can see a channel I want, I dont care if its 2 degree compliant or not :)

I know Ive said it before but...I like it here!!
Terry

we're glad you're here

I got some decent EBNO readings out of that 6 foot I put up for my clients 410 on W5. I think there were more issues with visible interference back in the analog days. You saw cross polar and the like. With digital unless it's at the cliff you don't notice.

Attachments

• PICT0025.JPG
    PICT0025.JPG
    455.6 KB · Views: 146
I got some decent EBNO readings out of that 6 foot I put up for my clients 410 on W5. I think there were more issues with visible interference back in the analog days. You saw cross polar and the like. With digital unless it's at the cliff you don't notice.

Question, was the 6 footer a solid dish or mesh. I've got a 6 foot mesh that I need to install as soon as the weather gets better just for the W5 satellite.

6 foot Fortec Star from Sadoun with a Geosat Pro LNBF from Satellite AV.

A 6 foot will work well on W5. If you want to get the highest EBNO you will need to get the feed just right. :)

Attachments

• PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    567.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
what number on that screen is the ebno number? this is my screen on a 6 foot sami mesh dish that im sure not aligned just perfect

Attachments

• PIC-0147.JPG
    PIC-0147.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
what number on that screen is the ebno number? this is my screen on a 6 foot sami mesh dish that im sure not aligned just perfect

Yours is + 6.8

Here's my 12 foot :eek:

Attachments

• 12 foot ebno.jpg
    12 foot ebno.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 149
Status
Please reply by conversation.