NSS 806 at 40.5°W Help Dish size & LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LaPerrys

Original poster
Sep 30, 2009
nj, usa
I live in NJ and what to get the channels from NSS 806 at 40.5°W - Hemi Beam.

What dish size and lnb do I need?

I can get 40.5W just fine in Denver on a 2.3m dish, although I'm planning on moving my orthomode circular feed to my 3m at some point. You do need a feed that can do circular polarization for this bird. There are only a handful of such satellites available in North America, because linear polarization is dominant on C-band here.

The classic ways to get C-band circular are a orthomode circular feed (about $500 a pop) or a Chaparral Wideband Corotor with a dielectric insert. The orthomode has very low losses while the Chaparral can be configured to get both linear and circular polarization by adjusting the rotor at the receiver, and receive Ku to boot. The ortho needs two C-band LNBs and the Chap needs a C and a Ku LNB. Recently, integrated C-band LNBFs have appeared with a removable dielectric insert. They are far less expensive, but you have to manually insert/remove the dielectric to switch between circular/linear. I expect the losses are inherently higher on this type of design.

I have a LNB is a WNC model: SF4 Dual Outputs LNBF - Circular with input freq 11.45 - 12.20 GHz. Do you think this one will work ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)