Oblivion?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tonyp56

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 13, 2004
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
OK, so I can't afford $60 to buy Oblivion so I rented it for a week for $7. Well, IMO, graphics are pretty sorry, and the story is fairly lame. However, with that said, not the worse game I've ever played, and I am hoping that it gets better as you go. I was expecting KOTOR (which is my favorite game of all time) and got something totally different. Yes, it is based on the same concept--what you do and what you don't do changes the outcome, but Oblivion is missing a good, OK, addictive story line.

OK, so I'll continue to play until my week is up, and come back with my final view of this game. I already know, that it will take more than a week to finish this game--that and I don't play 24/7 so I can't beat it in two days. After the week is up, if I like it enough, I'll think about buying it, if not, I'll forget about this game. Oblivion will go into oblivion for me :).

OK, Oblivion isn't that bad once you get past the beginning, and after looking around on the net I've found others that say pretty much the same thing, more or less that the beginning leaves one not very impressed. However, after giving this game some more time, I have to say it is still on my purchase list, and it has great potential to be one of my favorites. Boy what a few extra hours playing a game can do to impress, lol.

And there seems to be lots of those (side-quest) in this game, lol.

Yeah, I'll buy it, at first I guess it was too slow, and the graphics I felt were little less than I expected, but the story slowly pulls you in. That and I didn't know I had to sleep to level up, and I went from level 1 to level 4 by sleeping three times in a row (don't get book when you rent it).

It isn't the PC version you guys are talking about, right? Because the PC version's graphics is very far from being sorry... :)

vurbano said:
eyesight problem?

you mean the one you have when you claimed that funny thing about VC-1 being crappier than MPEG2? :D :D

Check the game on PC. Even though it's not my style, it is awesome.

Yes, I'm talking about the 360 version. And on the PC, I would say depending on your graphics card, processor, and memory is how good or how not so good the graphics are.

For me, I have my 360 hooked up to my HDTV via component cables, and I simply wasn't that impressed with the graphics, I thought they'd be better. However, like I said, after getting started the game pulls you in, and you stop thinking about graphics, and just start enjoying the game play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts