Odd issue with 1000.2 alignment

a10spot4me

Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
Hi Guys,
I'm having an odd issue with my 1000.2 dish. to get the basics out of the way:

Yes, the mast is perfectly level... I have the elevation, skew, and az set for my zip code. At these settings I immediately get a signal, however that 119 signal I'm getting is coming FROM the 110LNB.

I checked the sat 110 signal on my receiver, and I got a signal..but that signal was from my 119 LNB..

So what I had going was the 110lnb is seeing 119 bird, 119lnb is seeing the 110.

So, I foiled out the 110 and 129 lnbs on the side..this dropped the 119 signal I was receiving... and no matter where I moved the dish, I was unable to receive a 119 signal on the 119 lnb...

I used to install dishes professionally a few years back, so I'm not completely new to this... I've never had a problem like this, any thoughts?? not enough power to the LNBs? LNB problem? I'm just not sure...

SO all you have open to receive signal is the center LNB?

Try setting your scew to 90 and elevation to just hit the 119. See if you get signal. If you do then you must have the settings of the dish wrong.

on the dish 1000.2 there are 4 ports 3 for outgoing 1 for incoming for adding another sat to the system.

alway hook to port 1 first if your using a meter each one of these ports picks up sat 119,110,129
the switch is built in the Lnb and works like a 44 switch . Usually you won't see sat 129 with the meter but if
you get sat 119 everything falls in place.

I'd make sure your receiver is hooked to port #1, power cycle the receiver, and then run a "check switch" so that it can get the matrix all right. Then point the dish at 119 and see what happens. Bet that fixes it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)