This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Off Air Antenna and Multiswitch Help Needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gamecock67

Original poster
Oct 10, 2004
I have the HR10-250 Tivo receiver as well as the Samsung SIR TS160. As you probably know, both are HD receivers. When D* did the installation (they also installed my OTA antenna), they did it for only one HD receiver. D* gave me a Winegard GS-1000 non-amplified antenna. They ran the wire from the antenna directly into a Winegard DS-8000 powered off-air/sat combiner (DC pass), along with the feed to the one HD receiver. I understand that made it possible to run the sat and antenna signals on the same wire to the receiver. In the room where the HD receiver is, they connect a diplexer to separate the feeds again. I also have a 4x8 multiswitch.

Now, I would like to set up so that I can receiver my off air channels at every receiver (I have 6 total). I tried splitting the antenna signal prior to running it into the Winegard combiner with a 2 way splitter, but when I ran one of the feed from the splitter through the combiner, I wasn't able to get an off-air signal on the HD receiver that was previously working. I was able to get all of my regular D* channels. I removed the splitter and I was able to receive the off-air stations again.

I then purchased the Terk BMS-58 5x8 multiswitch with antenna input. When I exchanged the multiswitches, I was able to get all of my D* channels on all 6 receivers but I could get any of the off air channels. I did use a diplexer at every receiver to separate to signals.

Any suggetions to how to make this work?

Put a signal amplifier inline before the 5 X 8 multiswitch. The GS1000 can't capture enough signal to overcome the losses in the 8 way splitter in the multiswitch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.