offer from dish...this is better!!!!

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Just rcvd a dish web email about this offer. I think it is better than what everyone is talking about.....

Look at this:

http://www.dishtv.com/voomhd.jsp

Don't lose your HD programming!
Take advantage of the hottest offer in HDTV. This incredible offer includes:

TV in up to 4 rooms!
FREE HD receiver upgrade
FREE Standard Professional Installation
AND, if you act now, you can be sure to get:

The VOOM HD original package
6 months FREE of the DISH Network HD Pak and
Over 180 standard definition channels, including local channels (where available).

Package Includes:

FREE ACTIVATION: Get a waived Activation Fee, plus a $49.99 credit on your first bill.*

Up to 2 HD 811 receivers: NO COST

Programming: America's Top 180 - $19.99/month**
Includes over 180 all-digital, standard definition channels and 65 SIRIUS music channels. First 3 months, 1 year commitment

DISH Network HD Pak: Free for 6 months.

Voom Originals Pak: $5.00/month
Includes 10 Voom HD Originals

Installation: FREE (Although second dish is $100 if needed).

I got the same email. It is nice to see something in writing, including the "free installation" part (it will be interesting to see if this means a waiver on the $100 extra dish fee for people without locals on 61.5).

Question: is this really from Dish Network? Or is this from the same people who were sending letters to former Voom customers?

CDH.

One curious thing is that there doesn't appear to be a way to order the 942 through this page. One *can* order a 942 lease through the regular Dish webpage (you have to select a 2-room system and say you want both HD and a DVR and it will come up as an option).

Also funny that due to the promotion the rates for the 180 pack are less than half the price of the 120 pack. I guess one could select the 180 and then downgrade later.

CDH.

CDH said:
One curious thing is that there doesn't appear to be a way to order the 942 through this page.

Talked to an online CSR that said that it could be done over the phone. The problem is this stipulation: "*Additional $49.99 credit applies to online orders only." Wonder if they are reasonable about it.

CDH said:
Also funny that due to the promotion the rates for the 180 pack are less than half the price of the 120 pack. I guess one could select the 180 and then downgrade later.

CDH.

If you downgrade you will pay an additional fee. The fine print:

**Price valid for first 3 months. Offer requires 1-year commitment to qualifying programming under the Digital Home Advantage program. If qualifying service is terminated or downgraded prior to end of 1-year period, a cancellation fee equal to the lesser of $240 or $20 per month for each cancelled month of service will apply. Customer must call to downgrade after 3 months or the then-current price for the 180-channel package will apply.

Certain HD channels require an additional dish antenna at a cost of $100 at the time of initial installation.

If you haggle you can get free hook up. I have no upfront cost at all and all the discounted rates and free promotions apply. The only down side is no install till the weakend...

Damn, I need my RUSH Channel fix....

I love the $100 dish install that you NEED to get some "certain" Voom HD channels. If you are a past Voom customer you probably want the Voom channels. So the install isn't free, its $100.

How do you find out if your locals are on the 61.5 satellite?

I would hope that if you already have a voom dish up there that they won't try charging you $100 for an install of a dish that is already there. I assume the only thing that would need to be done is possibly replace the older LNB based on what has been said before.

I ordered this deal from Dish Saturday when Adelphia did a no call, no show. I got an 811, a 625 and a 301 with all channels(except Voom, will connect my Voom dish after install) for about $62 + tax for first 3 months. This goes up to about $90 for months 4-6 and will be about $105 for the remaining 6 months. The CSR was very helpful and even suggested that I find a Dish somewhere else because it's cheaper(for Voom). Can't wait till Wed.

BLW said:
If you downgrade you will pay an additional fee. The fine print:

**Price valid for first 3 months. Offer requires 1-year commitment to qualifying programming under the Digital Home Advantage program. If qualifying service is terminated or downgraded prior to end of 1-year period, a cancellation fee equal to the lesser of $240 or $20 per month for each cancelled month of service will apply. Customer must call to downgrade after 3 months or the then-current price for the 180-channel package will apply.

Certain HD channels require an additional dish antenna at a cost of $100 at the time of initial installation.

I understand that there would be fees if one were to cancel, but I wonder if a downgrade to say the 60 or 120 pack would be okay. The wording above seems to make a distinction between cancelling and downgrading. Some others have said that a downgrade is possible.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=469102&postcount=17

CDH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)