OFFICAL: I am STAYING with DISH Network thread

Thanks for the thread, Scott. I support Dish 100% on these negotiations. I have AT120HD Free with a 722K Receiver. I pay 39.99 a month and can record 4 things at a time (with my OTA).

I have competitors boxes at my house and the 722K is the only one I pay for. That is telling you something.

If someone doesn't stand up to these companies, TV will be priced out of our range. This day will come for all providers. My parents pay $60 a month for a non-hd Directv package. I appreciate Dish for the value they offer and of course, for the 722K which is my favorite DVR of all time.

I won't leave Dish, but here is what I am thinking about doing, but have to do some research and run it by the family.

I currently have 6 receivers. I am thinking of getting rid of 4 receivers. This would save $66 (3 Duo DVR's and 1 612 + $5 TV2 Receiver Connection Fee) and then replace those with Cable. This would give me some channels that I don't currently get from Dish (like Fox College Sports and some local channels). They have a multi-room DVR that I can use for those TV's.

Since I'm locked into my contract until next June, I'm staying. I will see where Dish is comes next June, but I really don't see me switching to D* or Cable. I've been happy with Dish and though I miss FX because of SOA (& Rescue Me, when it's on), the RSNs and Fox don't effect me. As I stated before I love the 722k.
If I ever quit Dish it would be because we just couldn't afford it and I would go back to OTA.

Ghpr13:)

Staying with dish for now, really like the HD DVR and kind excited about Google TV. But if the TIVO suit turns out bad or fox RSN not back by next baseball season may haft to re think.

I plan on staying as well. Sure it did stink to lose FX, but for my needs Dish is the best option.

Someone had a link to check to see if local fox channel was locally owned or fox owned (and able to be removed). I don't think my local fox channel was on there. It is nice with the 722 to go the OTA route.

I'm staying with Dish. I am frustrated at losing 4-5 college football games per week plus access to most of my local NHL team's games with the ongoing Fox dispute. But I assume this will end at some point (hopefully before NEXT season). But I went over to the DirecTV forum to ask about their DVRs and I was quite surprised with what I found out. I also looked online at information about the DirecTV DVRs. I didn't realize just how great the Dish Network DVRs were in comparison. I think I've taken my current setup for granted.

As a huge sports fan, I do covet several of the channels that DirecTV has (ESPNU HD, The Mtn., NESN HD, GOL TV, etc.), but there's still plenty to watch. I also am jealous that DirecTV seems to be quicker to add new channels I'm interested in than Dish. And to get the same programming plus a little bit more, it would actually cost me about the same as I'm paying now. But the difference in DVRs is a deal-breaker. So I'm staying for now.

I have been with Dish for 13 years and I am staying. If DirectTV or cable could give me the channels I want for less money I would consider switching, but right now Dish has the best channel line up for my needs and the best price too! (I am not a big sports fan).

Im going reduce my package with Dish, and get Directv.

Im not going to cancel Dish, but they will get less money from me until they get the channels I want such as Fox Sports and MLB Network.

Which package are you going with? Dish Latino Dos (http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/228727-dish-latino-dos-questions.html) looks like a good value in my opinion for $39.99/mo.. Of course, it goes by what you want. America's Top 120 has some differences for the same price such as all the ESPNs with the exception of Classic and any PPV or sports packs. Both packages should qualify for the HD for life. I think the cheapest package now is Dish America with locals for $29.99/mo. However, from what I understand, that package does not qualify for HD for life.

By the way, we are staying with Dish; we are under contract, too. However, we would not pay the cancellation fees to cancel, and we do not feel like canceling anyway. DirecTV would be more expensive, and we had them before. Our DirecTV setup was not great at all; I think the installers may have messed up. We love all the movie channels Dish offers, too. In addition, although FX, Nat Geo, and FSN are gone right now, Dish was kind enough to offer 3 months credit of HD Platinum. Cable is also a lot more expensive than both DirecTV and Dish Network for the channels we have now.

Staying with Dish, under contract, no FSMW due to HD Absolute, and I must not watch the other channels because I haven't missed any of my "normal" shows.

I don't see a "need" to leave Dish. Yes, there may be a channel or two that I watched occasionally that I can't now. But that's not the end of the world. There's a whole lot more to explore, and chances are most of the channels that are gone will be back. "Must have" TV is not something I "must have".

IF you are staying call and complain about the loss of channels but still paying the same price. In my case I have 250 and Sports Multi. Their answer to why I am paying the same amount for less channels is that they have added channels and bumped people up to higher packages with more channels, which in my case doesn't apply. So I said I am thinking of leaving, they sent me to retention and I am getting $10 off for 5 months. You can get 2-3 PPV coupons from regular customer support if you don't want to go to retention. Anyway, I am sorta locked in because I have 5 external HDD with DVR'd HD movies, many are not out on Blu-ray yet. So unless I go to Comcast with its On Demand I lose my on personal On Demand library of HD movies I like such as Midway and Tora Tora Tora. And I like HDNet and Epix, not offered by some other carriers. Sooo, for now I am staying. A look at what is available to me on Wikipedia, Dish, Comcast and Direct show that all have disputes like the two Dish have with ABC/Disney and Fox. For the most part, I am happy. I have access to ESPN3.com so I am seeing pretty much all the games I want to see either through the remaining Multi Sport channels or ESPN3.com. But I would like to see a reduction in my monthly fee in a permanent basis if these channels, ABC Family HD, ESPN HD News, most of the Fox RSNs, etc. are gone. BTW, in the past 10 years I have had Dish, Voom, Direct and Comcast. Comcast, after I attracted the attention of the regional marketing manager on another forum that caters to ISPs finally got a great, consistent signal in my neighborhood. They have had signal issues the two times, in two neighborhoods I have had them. However, based on my internet connection to them, they have been solid now for several months so that is an option, a more expensive one.

Last edited:
I agree, I am sticking with dish...however during this timebthey should remove what ever coat pee channel, per subscriber of each persons bill as we paid for them previously and are not getting them now. To me it would make more sense then fiving people channels they already get, or ones they don't care about. I have kept a $10 per month extra fee to mainly keep natgeo and now I no longer get that.