OFFICAL: I am STAYING with DISH Network thread

As a Full-Time RVer, I have too much invested in supporting equipment to willie-nillie change to DirecTV, my only other option.

Besides, there is no equivalent to the 722K and I get all my DNS in HD. Neither is available from DirecTV.

Tis will work out. Fox has too much to lose.

DNS is available with Directv...since you a RV'er all you do is fill out the RV form and bam you have distants from LA & NY

This thread bothers me. We lost a lot of channels including two big national channels and the possibility of losing a broadcast network in many markets. Yet there is a thread for people to say they are satisfied with Dish? Great, at this rate we'll never get the channels back and they'll only keep removing more.

I can easily pick up lost programming legally with HULU.com and it streams on my Xbox or my PS3 on HDTV with PlayON Media Server. So I'm never really leaving Dish over programming disputes because I got ways to watch. However if I wake up in the morning and find out my DVR doesn't work anymore ... thats another story. I'll just stop paying for cable/dish/fios all together until they meter my internet usage and I can no longer stream HULU/NetFlix/TV.com/Comedy Central/Spike TV/etc.

This thread bothers me. We lost a lot of channels including two big national channels and the possibility of losing a broadcast network in many markets. Yet there is a thread for people to say they are satisfied with Dish? Great, at this rate we'll never get the channels back and they'll only keep removing more.

There are threads in this forum that I am not a fan of either, but with a forum like this you get to take the good threads with the bad ones(as you rate the threads). I don't think Dish is going to look at this thread and decide that they won't ever work on bringing the channels back, but I do think a thread like this is just a valid and just as warranted as one stating "I'm leaving"...But that is just how I see it.

The other guys "announce capacity" yet don't provide any new channels (cept HD ppv)

If someone doesn't stand up to these companies, TV will be priced out of our range. This day will come for all providers.

Right On:up

I went with Dish because my cable company gave me a hard time when I wanted to suspend service while away for the winter, and with their dual tuner receiver I am able to watch seperate programming in my RV's front and rear TV. I'm staying!

eventually networks will be a thing of the past and people will be buying SHOWS and PROGRAMS alacart via IP TV.. The need for a "network" will be nonexistant

I've had nothing but absolutely positive interactions with dish over the phone and on site at my house. I'm happy with the services that i receive for the money that I pay. I couldn;t be happier with a provider then I am with dish.

3yrs running
-couple billing issues that were easily resolved over the phone with a CSR
-1 hardware failure that was resolved on site and got me a free upgrade to use an external HDD
- called to upgrade equipment and the install charge ($15?) was waived

Love Dish.

Just back

After a "brief" two year visit to Directv, I'm back with Dish. I had Dish for 10 years prior and I'm happy to be back.

We have a Fox owned station in Houston so I could loose that for a while, I suppose. Happily, I'll have the OTA module installed in my new 722K by then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)