las vegas
Here's what I hope/expect from dish in 2008 (whats yours?) :

- Choice of menu colours, blue is getting boring

- Better selection in DishOnline

- Universal Learning Dish Remote with UHF

- VIP 622 as a Server so VIP 211 can access recordings from it

- Dishcomm/LAN enable on the VIP211

- More international programming/news (BBC) in the DVR Advantage plan

From Dish...what I hope for? a few things.

What I expect? Nada. Considering Dish's MO lately, that's the only expectation that won't lead to disappointment. LOL

More Pause time.

Ability for 622 and 722 to view recorded shows from each unit. (Not moving recorded content via external hard drive) Use dishcom to its full potential.

Dish will launch there sats, get more people there HD locals, and add 7 channels national HD and then claim they are still the HD leader...:rolleyes:

If they want me as a customer make an all HD tier. No SD channels at all. Price it about 40-50 bucks, and I'll sign up. :)

* Change the DVR fee to one fee per household not per receiver.
* Restructure the Programming Packages and HD package.
* My RSN in HD, after all that's why I went back to the HD package a year ago when it was uplinked and I'm still waiting for it.

How about an Hd A.E.P that includes all hd channels with all dvr fees covered and all additional receiver fees covered as well? Wouldn't that make everyone happy? DISH would certainly push a lot of subs to the higher programming packs if they did this . Now I am sure that DISH would have to place a limit on the amount of extra receivers per account,like 4 tuners per lease account and 3 dvrs per owned account, but it would make people look closely at subbing to the highest programming pack out they could. The way they premiered the Platinum Pack last year was good. It gave you a 5.00 discount on hd and encouraged all subs to go with the higher programming pack to get the best value for your money.

I also wish that they created an all hd dvr advantage packs that would cover ALL dvr fees on that account. That would make that programming pack very attractive to many who wanted hd but not the extra price of all those dvr fees.

But that will probably never happen because DISH wants those dvr fees to help pay for the settlement to Tivo when it ever finishes the appeals.

Everyone has their own, but I would like to see the Voom channels in their own package so you could choose if you wanted to pay for them.
I would like to see
CNN_HD
SpeedTV HD (Feb 1)
Fox News HD if and when it is on
All American Direct in HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts