Official 2008 Dish WishList

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would like to see the following in 2008:

- One DVR fee per account instead of per receiver

- A real VOD service similar to Comcast and having lots of free content.

- All MPEG2 HD channels converted to MPEG4.

- More national HD channels such as USA-HD, Sci-Fi HD, CNN HD, FX HD, Fox Business HD, ESPN News HD, and more Cinemax HD channels.

- Finally adding MOJO HD.

- Another premium channel for .01 offer - Hopefully Starz

If they want me as a customer make an all HD tier. No SD channels at all. Price it about 40-50 bucks, and I'll sign up. :)
Harrumph!
(ref Blazing Saddles)

Right now I'm really torn as a subscriber wanting only a few channels and being addicted to the DVR. It's tough to justify the monthly cost. If the prices (especially the "fees") continue to increase I will choose to dump the dish. I'm also looking at Skyvision - they have most of the channels I want, but no DVR. Odds are I will drop Dish before winter is over and pick up Skyvision.

What I would really like is a Ku competitor to Dish/DirecTV that uses a standard FTA receiver and a CAM like the European and Asian markets have. But I know how likely that is!

i know this one is kind of dumb but i would want to change the menu's and the look of of the GUI. i really like the new look of the directv receivers.

i want more HD!

more spanish channels.

The ability of buying other DMAs other than the one you have to have because of your ZipCode. Also, better HD programming and PQ so everybody will stop complaining!

A single tuner HD DVR. Also, don't do anything to screw up the 622. It's the best DVR out there and the main reason I'm still with Dish. Like others, I'm addicted to it.

Here's what I hope/expect from dish in 2008 (whats yours?) :

- Choice of menu colours, blue is getting boring

- Better selection in DishOnline

- Universal Learning Dish Remote with UHF

- VIP 622 as a Server so VIP 211 can access recordings from it

- Dishcomm/LAN enable on the VIP211

- More international programming/news (BBC) in the DVR Advantage plan
Raise the installation/ labor fees to the contractors. We haven't had a pay raise..ever....
Allow installers to charge for pole mounts. Currently we have to eat the cost of the pole, concrete and the additional labor.
Reduce the hassles we have to go thru to get w/o changes
And finally, dump that stupid DASH system....
On the customer side. (I am one of those too)
Get rid of the phone line fee. Lots of customers no longer have landlines. Why should they be punished for that?
Get rid of the DVR fee. That was an "us too"....If Dish really wants to lead the way and back up it's claim to have the lowest cost pay tv service, then they should walk the walk.
IMO Fees make give the impression that companies that charge them are looking to nickel and dime ther customers to death.
Save the issues with the call center in India, the fees are the number one complaint from my customers. I despise having to try to explain them.

Last edited:
A single tuner HD DVR. Also, don't do anything to screw up the 622. It's the best DVR out there and the main reason I'm still with Dish. Like others, I'm addicted to it.
That's in the works..Dish is supposedly coming out with the Model 612. A single tuner HD DVR

On the customer side. (I am one of those too)
Get rid of the phone line fee. Lots of customers no longer have landlines. Why should they be punished for that?

I think the phone line requirement is less of an issue now that you can phone home via the internet.

IMO Fees make give the impression that companies that charge them are looking to nickel and dime ther customers to death.

Its not an impression, its what they do but so does everyone else so that makes it ok. At least my local cable company stops charging the monthly box fees if you purchase the cable box.

Why.....if you only need one tuner...just use one....I dont see the point in a single tuner device DVR or regular STB.

What are the business drivers for this?
Due the the way Dish's promos work, a customer can get only one dual tuner DVR per the promo. Customers are then having ot connect tuner number two (not hi def) the that tv. Many homes have mor than one HDTV now and that number continues to grow.
Many customers want not only the DVR capability on two tv's they also want HD on those same tv's.
This is not my opinion. This is based upon feedback from customers I have served

Due the the way Dish's promos work, a customer can get only one dual tuner DVR per the promo. Customers are then having ot connect tuner number two (not hi def) the that tv. Many homes have mor than one HDTV now and that number continues to grow.
Many customers want not only the DVR capability on two tv's they also want HD on those same tv's.
This is not my opinion. This is based upon feedback from customers I have served

With that said then, do you think dish will have 2 single tuner DVR promos then? Cos if they dont, the problem you describe above isn't resolved. I wonder what the 'tuner' count is really all about...

As more and more HDTV's enter peoples homes, the second tuner on the 622/722 will be worthless too so something will have to change.

With that said then, do you think dish will have 2 single tuner DVR promos then? Cos if they dont, the problem you describe above isn't resolved. I wonder what the 'tuner' count is really all about...

As more and more HDTV's enter peoples homes, the second tuner on the 622/722 will be worthless too so something will have to change.

AT this point I do not know. But on a DHPP 18 month lease a customer can get up to two HD tuners. One HD DVR or 2 211's or one model 222.That tells me there is a possibility that two 612's would be ok on one account. Of course that could be dead wrong.
Dish Network releases equipment on an availability basis. So it seems. Whenever they roll out a new receiver they seem to limit availability on promotions.
Stay tuned....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)