Voom programming guide not correct

billybgame

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
Saginaw, MI
I've read of all the Voom issues. I'd also known that Dish's listed programming was not correct, awhile back. It was that way again last night. I searched here, but haven't seen any discussion of this. What's going on? Any updates? I thought this was fixed, albeit with pretty poor Voom programming. It's useless, if you have no idea what's on. I sure as hell don't want to have to go to some website and blow up some tiny print, to see what's on my channels.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so frustrating. I am new to the Voom channels. I do ALL of my TV watching via DVR'd programs. I am sick and tired of sitting down to watch a movie only to find out that the recording starts in the middle of the movie or to find out that it is not the right movie at all.:mad: Why is this so difficult to fix? It shouldn't be that hard considering that the Voom movie channels play only 2 movies a day!!!

This is so frustrating. I am new to the Voom channels. I do ALL of my TV watching via DVR'd programs. I am sick and tired of sitting down to watch a movie only to find out that the recording starts in the middle of the movie or to find out that it is not the right movie at all.:mad: Why is this so difficult to fix? It shouldn't be that hard considering that the Voom movie channels play only 2 movies a day!!!

It seems that theaters are the same way. I went Saturday to see National Treasure-Book of Secrets. I bought tickets for a 3:45 show, it was 4:10 before the actual movie started :(

No biggie. Voom repeats the same shows over and over again.. so if you miss a show you'll be able to catch it again.. and again.. and again...

Good to know I'm not alone here. With all the posting and talk about this, I'm very surprised it's still this way. Have we heard nothing on this from Dish or Voom? Are they fixing it? At this point, it matters not how many movies a day they're showing. If I never know what's on, it matters not at all. It just blows my mind that it's still this way, weeks later. Pretty bad early impression on Dish Network, for me.

neither voom nor dish is responsible for the program guide. Tribune is the one who screws the program guide. I had discussions on the past with the Voom Exec as to why this happens. According to them they submit the correct information to Tribune (check the program guide for some samples of these as I posted in the past).

The problem is that Tribune cares very little about this. If you try to contact them is like talking to a wall with no response.

If you look at Dish Entertainment Magazine, their listings for Voom are worse than the EPG itself. The EPG will at times have the correct movie listed but the times are screwed up. But in the Dish magazine, nothing is even remotely close. But for most all other channels in the magazine, it's fairly accurate.

I would think that Voom would be responsible enough to minimally print their own program guide on their website. I tried to find a program once that was listed wrong on my guide and couldn't even find the existence of it on the website. (I later found it after they corrected the guide on Dish.)

neither voom nor dish is responsible for the program guide. Tribune is the one who screws the program guide. I had discussions on the past with the Voom Exec as to why this happens. According to them they submit the correct information to Tribune (check the program guide for some samples of these as I posted in the past).

The problem is that Tribune cares very little about this. If you try to contact them is like talking to a wall with no response.

If it's ONLY Tribune that messes up the guide, then how do you explain the MONSTERSHD pdf file of their own monthly schedule on their web site, that also doesn't match the proper show times for their movies? The epg matches the pdf file, but doesn't always match what's actually showing at a particular time. So, if the epg echoes the pdf file, then Tribune IS providing the same info to Dish, that Voom provided to them. Remember how they "FIXED" it in November, by just throwing out the original schedule, and changing to this new format?

Only if the titles shown were correct and played at the correct times!

Yes. That really can't be all that hard to do, can it? It's unacceptable, but there's really nothing we can do. I've already e-mailed Voom, and got no reply. As an end-user, they don't provide the service to me. They provide it to DISH, so they have no obligation (it appears) to respond, or give a rat's ___ one way or the other. Complain to DISH, and they'll tell you it's not their problem, it's Voom's. So, . . we just have to hope they figure it out.

Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)