Official 4DTV Conversion to W5/X4 services only infornmation post

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can only go by what my 922 shows. Some are getting the 410 channel numbers some are getting the 4DTV channel numbers. I think it has to do if you had the original old ku X4 map in the DSR or not, mine did. I don't think that will be an issue next year except for channel numbers. I kinda like having the 4DTV numbers since I'm more familiar with them.

I think there will be variables but as long as we can subscribe that shouldn't be an issue. From our testing it looks like the guide will not work if you retain all functionality. If you need that to work it looks like the 4D needs to be a X4 brick. (I think I'm saying too much for now)

It would appear that your X4 is incorrect because mine is matching the channel numbers shown here as far as I can tell.

http://skyvision.com/pages/information_center/DSR410channels.pdf

I think that this is all very cool stuff watching all of this changing and popping in a new tile and such.. It shows what some people can do if they put some time in to it....No one else ever did (motorola mainly) They just wanted 4dtv to go away and croak.

I know my 922 never had x4 ku, in fact I got it about 3 months ago with no maps in it at all with A4 firmware still on it.

It don't make a difference. I am picking up the 4dtv numbering system you are picking up the 410 numbering since you have the X4 ku flushed maps G1 has on it now after MR. Mine is different since mine had the old X4 ku map in there from before W5. The channel numbers will not affect authorization just channel numbers. One thing we found out testing the DSR lately is the more you complicate things the more screwed up things can get. Don't sweat it, the UA process don't care as long as it can see the proper SR & FEC of a channel (like generics). Hell you can do UA on a generic bird if you have a lock.

My X4 has got the 410 channel assignment on it. I've been watching VH1 Classic on Channel 234, and Nick Jr on Channel 210 today. For about 8 to 10 days, my receiver hasn't seen the datastream at G1, because I haven't bothered with the guide. I've only been watching the Discovery Suite on C3 and the MTV Mini-Pak channels on W5/X4. The other day I noticed that my X4 satellite was having 'issues' with the ratings information not being found, but W5 was fine tuning into the same signal. I think that they were doing some more testing that day. X4 is fine today.

I think that this is all very cool stuff watching all of this changing and popping in a new tile and such.. It shows what some people can do if they put some time in to it....No one else ever did (motorola mainly) They just wanted 4dtv to go away and croak.

I know my 922 never had x4 ku, in fact I got it about 3 months ago with no maps in it at all with A4 firmware still on it.

We are learning things about the DC 2 and the similarities of all of them like you wouldn't believe lately. If you understand the basic inner workings operation as I do (been studying it for years) you can put 2 and 2 together. Most information out there to the public is based on folklore and a smoke and mirror tactics to confuse one. Maybe that was the plan?

My X4 has got the 410 channel assignment on it. I've been watching VH1 Classic on Channel 234, and Nick Jr on Channel 210 today. For about 8 to 10 days, my receiver hasn't seen the datastream at G1, because I haven't bothered with the guide. I've only been watching the Discovery Suite on C3 and the MTV Mini-Pak channels on W5/X4. The other day I noticed that my X4 satellite was having 'issues' with the ratings information not being found, but W5 was fine tuning into the same signal. I think that they were doing some more testing that day. X4 is fine today.

They may have unloaded the map and put a revision out there while you were watching. When they unloaded the map the DC went searching...

Sneak Preview :eek:

If you don't have X4's new map programmed in go get it now. This can be done by going to W5-600 and sitting there for a bit. You will see an increase in channel count. Then program it in at W5's position. The tile will sit left of W5. (see pictures) When done check the DMX channels and make sure they are working. There are more steps but they can't be released yet.

This needs to be in your receiver for next year for the conversion so go get it if its not in your 4D.

I've noticed that X4 disappears if you go get a IPG update on G1 but reappears if you go back to W5. Sometimes X4 is left of W4, also.

Sneak Preview :eek:

If you don't have X4's new map programmed in go get it now. ...
This needs to be in your receiver for next year for the conversion so go get it if its not in your 4D.

Channel count here is 4782, but the X4channels jump from 377 to 900 there are no 800 number channels (accordiing to the guide, some C band is on some channels in the 800's). I get all the C band channels available for C (we have no KU)
Why are some channels not showing?

I can't help but notice this map DOES NOT have Showtime, and I think the other one that TVROPro has does. Any idea which one is the one that's staying? I had the one TVROPro has before I did my master resets.

Wonder why comcast can't sell us showtime via w5, thats just dumb.... I can see SHO being goofy with Motorola and their dc2 feed fees but comcast / hits is a provider with their own sat space like DN and Dtv

I can't help but notice this map DOES NOT have Showtime, and I think the other one that TVROPro has does. Any idea which one is the one that's staying? I had the one TVROPro has before I did my master resets.

I have all the Showtimes, plus Fox Business News and others. Older is always better :) The last time my 922 was MR was never. It was loaded originally in January 2006 when I bought it new. I bet I have other hidden goodies too. The cool part about that is if a hidden goodie goes FP :D

Wonder why comcast can't sell us showtime via w5, thats just dumb.... I can see SHO being goofy with Motorola and their dc2 feed fees but comcast / hits is a provider with their own sat space like DN and Dtv

Because Showtime an others are being arrogant idiots. I wouldn't doubt that Charlie is behind it with a hidden agenda. More news like this will be coming if Charlie keeps up his kill c band at all costs, watch and see.

He is very mad that he hasn't got his way with the NPS fiasco that I can guarantee he had quite a stake in. He isn't going to stop till he makes c band so undesirable that no-one will want to stick around. I can't understand this guy, he has more than a few screws loose. The only ace in the hole we have is Comcast is bigger than Charlie and is greedy, They are happy to work with us as long as money is involved. If Charlie could he would buy out Comcast just to kill us and convert all of Comcast cable subscribers to Dish.

Last edited:
Because Showtime an others are being arrogant idiots. I wouldn't doubt that Charlie is behind it with a hidden agenda. More news like this will be coming if Charlie keeps up his kill c band at all costs, watch and see.

He is very mad that he hasn't got his way with the NPS fiasco that I can guarantee he had quite a stake in. He isn't going to stop till he makes c band so undesirable that no-one will want to stick around. I can't understand this guy, he has more than a few screws loose. The only ace in the hole we have is Comcast is bigger than Charlie and is greedy, They are happy to work with us as long as money is involved. If Charlie could he would buy out Comcast just to kill us and convert all of Comcast cable subscribers to Dish.

So it sounds pretty official that we won't be getting Showtime? Any idea about the other non-mapped SD channels up there like SoapNet, Pr0n's and inDemand PPV? Also, I don't think it should be too much trouble for HITS to add just 1 channel to W5, ESPN1 so that ESPN1/ESPN2 can be offered. It would not even take up any room to do so, how long are they going to have AmericanLife up there showing color bars? Take it down and put up ESPN1.

HITS Quantum on AMC 18 at 105.0°W - LyngSat

They need to clean house on their 2 birds (101,105) I see alot of repeated SD channels (not west or east either) compare them both for yourselves..

Im sure there is a good reason for it, in their eyes

So it sounds pretty official that we won't be getting Showtime? Any idea about the other non-mapped SD channels up there like SoapNet, Pr0n's and inDemand PPV? Also, I don't think it should be too much trouble for HITS to add just 1 channel to W5, ESPN1 so that ESPN1/ESPN2 can be offered. It would not even take up any room to do so, how long are they going to have AmericanLife up there showing color bars? Take it down and put up ESPN1.

HITS Quantum on AMC 18 at 105.0°W - LyngSat

I know everyone wants answers now but that's not going to happen. Every step that we achieve takes time. First hurdle is a done deal. If you want more channels on HITS for us you the 4DTVer need to show Comcast with numbers that we are worth it. Even if you have pizza sub to something on W5 next year thats what this satguy is doing. In short if there is enough people things will get done. NPS and Chuck has taken a very good chunk away with there BS. The remaining smart ones have to make a difference that is worth it and show that to Comcast.

Future things in the works:

Rocky Mountain 8, more W5 channels. It's possible we will see some of this happen after a few months next year. Lots of testing, red tape and cash flow involved.

I shouldn't be saying some of this yet. But a little bit let out if it helps the cause and keeps people dedicated it's worth it.

Last edited:
Thing is, they took away the small W5 package I was going to sub to until things settle. The Discovery Suite. Now the only package under $10 is the MTV Networks pack. I would think The Discovery Suite would have been the most popular of small packages.

I believe Discovery Communications is a company that is easy to work with, I seriously doubt it was them that asked for the package to be removed. I personally believe SRL removed it because that package probably had the most subs of any package and they want to force everyone to get the SuperPak to continue getting them all. When they do things like this they're only hurting themselves and making themselves look like NPS. Everyone thought NPS was nice because of their "free guide" even with no programming, that was a ploy to get an account established with them so that when someone decided to go ahead and sub to programming they would go ahead and call the company they already have a account with.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.