Official 622 L4.01 Discussion Thread

Noticed one thing with OTA. My local Fox affiliate must be having some issues because there power level dropped. A local cable company graphs the signal levels they receive OTA so I know it's them and not my 622. Anyway, before the 4.01 this station would experience drop outs with lower 70's that I'm getting now. Not having a single problem with it post 4.01.:)

Now that I've had the replacement 622 receiver for a couple of days with the new software downloaded, I've noticed the following:

1. The PQ is akin to SD on the HD channels compared to my old receiver. Think that it's the new Software, setup or receiver itself?

I've made sure that the HD configuration is for 1080i and 16x9 on TV1. The picture looks 'soft' on most all channels. Even those that were spectacular like HDNET.

Up until the the fatal crash of my old 622 on Saturday, I was very happy will most all of the responses and PQ of the unit. I was never beyond the 366 software release and think the crash was somehow related to a failed 401 download.

The only major dissatisfaction was the lack of CC on LiL HD content (known problem). Dish still hasn't fixed this.

2. The fast forward and reverse are jumpy. My old receiver was much more fluid in its response.

My 622 worked better before this latest update, only because I lost my HDMI port. I've tried all the suggestions in the Forum to try and get it back, but have had no luck. This is the first bug that I haven't been able to resolve.

Since receiving 4.01 on Friday the 622 loses audio (sounds like nails down a chalk board) fan sounds like a turbo charger and unit reboots. This is happening every couple of hours non stop. Spent most of the afternoon with Tech Support and they couldn't figure it out. So there sending me another 622.
Wife pissed because she couldn't watch the race this afternoon and other stuff she had recorded.
Knock on wood my 622 was installed 04/2006 and this is the first problem we had with it.

Received replacement 622 on 3/28/07 and installed. Good thing the other unit died this morning, no nothing. Unit came with L4.01 installed. Remapped OTA's and everything worked, and everything looks as good as before. Wasn't there something said about version a, b,c,d of 622's? Could it be the older units like mine just wasn't compatible with L4.01?

I know this a long, long thread, but have we identified any patterns in terms of which receivers (revisions) are having problems, and which are not? As I read this, it almost seems hit or miss.

Well, this new software has ruined my 622 unless they patch it. MY 622 was fine before 4.01 came along. My 622 gets the BSOD then the audio turns to static.

My 622 has reset it self at least 10 times today while I was watching tv. The picture just goes black along with the sound turning to static. It will reset it self and do a check switch before it will work again.

Very annoying and I have friends coming over on Sunday to watch Wrestlemania. Any advice and has this happened to anyone else?

I think my 622 is a "C" or "D" revision.

I've had the new software over a week without an issue. Although I don't use the HDMI. Everything including OTA mapping, still no ion/qubo update in my guide however, PQ is as it was before, working fine. Early on I could take or leave the side by side PIP but now I've grown to appreciate it. No wierdness, strange reboots etc.
So now my 211 and 622 look and feel the same. I'm ok with everything. So far.

I hate the new 4 user guide screen. No matter what I do every time I turn my reciever off and on it starts in user 1 slot. I HATE THIS!

4 user guide ? If you are talking favorites, you need to reset your non-volitile memory. Its not a bug with 401.

Screaming audio reboots are back - thanks Dish.

My 622 had problems early on but like many others, I was patient and eventually the software downloads got it straightened out.

Now the "wailing banshee reboots" are back. Sometimes a half dozen per viewing period. I don't dare use my audio receiver with it for fear of blowing a speaker when it happens.

I've done a bunch of "unplug" reboots but have noticed no change.

I can tolerate some problems for a while but this one is toughest because it's unavoidable and so aggraviting.

Well, this new software has ruined my 622 unless they patch it. MY 622 was fine before 4.01 came along. My 622 gets the BSOD then the audio turns to static.

My 622 has reset it self at least 10 times today while I was watching tv. The picture just goes black along with the sound turning to static. It will reset it self and do a check switch before it will work again.

Very annoying and I have friends coming over on Sunday to watch Wrestlemania. Any advice and has this happened to anyone else?

I think my 622 is a "C" or "D" revision.

Are you using HDMI for picture and sound? If so, turn off receiver. Unplug receiver, wait 15 minutes. Reconnect with component video, and an alternate sound connection, and see if it fixes it.

I am NOT saying that will work. What I am suggesting is that you might be able to get it working in time for your party. Maybe.

AND call E* and have them send you a new unit.

I'm having the same problem as ingramba and have been using component right along.

What's really worrisome is this was a problem for many 622s early on and it seemed related to hardware version numbers (A, B, C, etc) and some units just wouldn't respond to fixes and had to be replaced.

I'm having the same problem as ingramba and have been using component right along.

What's really worrisome is this was a problem for many 622s early on and it seemed related to hardware version numbers (A, B, C, etc) and some units just wouldn't respond to fixes and had to be replaced.

Well, that is disturbing. I hate to even say that I am having no problems, lest I jinx it.

Is it happening to folks with 61.5 instead of 129? (Again, just a thought; not certain what is up with this one). I am just being thankful that it not happening to my machine.

Or does it impact if you are using it in single or dual mode. For example, I have never even seen the side-by-side PIP since my machine is in dual mode...

I've never had this problem either & I'm using 61.5 and in single-mode exclusively.

I didn't mean it was happening to everybody; just curious to see what the pattern is.

And so far, it seems more isolated the problems people had with L3.63 last year. But then again, that thing went out as a full spool and not a partial one like this one did.

Are you using HDMI for picture and sound? If so, turn off receiver. Unplug receiver, wait 15 minutes. Reconnect with component video, and an alternate sound connection, and see if it fixes it.

I am NOT saying that will work. What I am suggesting is that you might be able to get it working in time for your party. Maybe.

AND call E* and have them send you a new unit.

....I'm using component connections. I own my 622 and have no contract. I wonder how Dish handles these kinda of swaps with bad equipment. I have had it almost a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)