Official 622 L4.01 Discussion Thread

I didn't mean it was happening to everybody; just curious to see what the pattern is.

And so far, it seems more isolated the problems people had with L3.63 last year. But then again, that thing went out as a full spool and not a partial one like this one did.

Single or Dual doesn't seem to matter. I'm beginning to suspect that some of the problems, like slow channel changes, might be related to how the new software interacts with different LNB and Switch combinations.

NightRyder

Single or Dual doesn't seem to matter. I'm beginning to suspect that some of the problems, like slow channel changes, might be related to how the new software interacts with different LNB and Switch combinations.

NightRyder

Yeah, given the "drift issues," that makes a lot of sense.

4 user guide ? If you are talking favorites, you need to reset your non-volitile memory. Its not a bug with 401.

I disagree. I never had this problem until the new download. The 4 new user guides appeared with download and each time I turn off reciever and back on and go to guide, the USER guide 1 appears. Also when I used to simply be able to scroll thru " HD, All channels. or Subscribed" Now I have to scroll thru HD, ALL, SUB, USER 1, 2, 3, 4,.

I tried to go into menu for guides and favorites but it wont let me delete the obnoxius new 4 user guides I will never even use 1 of. Its not a bug but it BUGS ME!

...I tried to go into menu for guides and favorites but it wont let me delete the obnoxius new 4 user guides...

I don't use favorites lists either. Since it's only my wife and myself, we just leave it on "ALL CHANNELS". Back when I first got the 622, I played around and created a favorite for OTA, HD-Dish (before the built-in one came with a newer software version), NEWS, PREMIUM, etc. We never used 'em. We just keep it near the locals and page back (takes you back to the 9000's for HD). We surf by paging through the guide. Of course we manually enter channel numbers for specifics.

I got rid of the extra favorites lists by editing each list:
  1. Go to the edit favorites menu.
  2. Of the modifiable lists, change their names to "List 1", "List 2", and so on.
  3. Go into each list and remove all channels from the list.
  4. Save and exit.

The above procedure keeps the lists from cycling when you accidentally press guide.

To my knowledge, you can't remove the "hard" ones (ALL CHAN, ALL SUB, HD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsprin
4 user guide ? If you are talking favorites, you need to reset your non-volitile memory. Its not a bug with 401.

How does one reset non-volitile memory?

I got rid of the extra favorites lists by editing each list:
  1. Go to the edit favorites menu.
  2. Of the modifiable lists, change their names to "List 1", "List 2", and so on.
  3. Go into each list and remove all channels from the list.
  4. Save and exit.

The above procedure keeps the lists from cycling when you accidentally press guide.

To my knowledge, you can't remove the "hard" ones (ALL CHAN, ALL SUB, HD)

With l401 list 1-4 gets populated with channel 9945 DVRDN after a clear list and don't disappear on 1 of my 622s. The other 622 just cycles through the original 3 guide types. Go figure!!!

Here's something I noticed tonight that L4.01 broke that had been fixed once:

When I record something off of 129, it used to give me a lost signal message and skip to the next portion of the recording that was stable. Not anymore. It goes into complete garbage picture mode, showing all sorts of macro blocking, pixelization, reverse video and other trash. If I don't stop the playback, it'll lock my 622 and cause it to reboot. I can't skip past or fast forward past the lost signal area of the recording. All I can do is stop it and delete it. I'm not too terribly happy about this issue. At least recordings from channels on 129 used to be mostly watchable. The only way it works now is to watch it live and then I get the lost signal/acquiring signal warnings and it doesn't reboot the receiver.

So, this is something that was once fixed that is now, once again, broken. Dish Network programers: please fix this... :(

Here's something I noticed tonight that L4.01 broke that had been fixed once:

When I record something off of 129, it used to give me a lost signal message and skip to the next portion of the recording that was stable. Not anymore. It goes into complete garbage picture mode, showing all sorts of macro blocking, pixelization, reverse video and other trash. If I don't stop the playback, it'll lock my 622 and cause it to reboot. I can't skip past or fast forward past the lost signal area of the recording. All I can do is stop it and delete it. I'm not too terribly happy about this issue. At least recordings from channels on 129 used to be mostly watchable. The only way it works now is to watch it live and then I get the lost signal/acquiring signal warnings and it doesn't reboot the receiver.

So, this is something that was once fixed that is now, once again, broken. Dish Network programers: please fix this... :(

Joe -- email ceo@echostar.com with the specific bug. Its the best way to ensure they hear about the problem.

I got the update on one of my 622 and not the other. On the 622 with the update, I notice half of the shows that was schedule to record is missing or was drop.

For example, I schedule my 622 to record all new episode of boxing on HBOHD, ShowtimeHD and ESPNHD before the update. I had to reschedule the shows after the update, along with other shows schedule before the update. Usaully there a fight recorded from one of those three channels every week.

I became aware of this after I notice the shows thats schedule for weekly timer was not recorded since the update.

Anyone else notice this on there 622?

I am definitely loving the 'fixes' that they did to the OTA hd reception. I was never able to orient my rabbit ears to get greater than 70 on all my locals (70 seemed to be the cutoff point between good and bad signals on the 622). Now as long as I can get about a 67 or higher signal strength I get much more solid reception. There are still occasional breakups when I am below 70 but before anything below 70 would normally give me the 'LOST SIGNAL' screen.

I also love the OTA signal strength increase. I received 4.01 2 weeks ago and have the loss of OTA on two occasions. First time I had to "hard" reboot and the 2nd time a "soft" reboot got them back. I replied to the Beta e-mail and they just sent me an e-mail yesterday saying they are investigating the OTA issues and wanted to know my location (city and state). Hope they get that fixed without impacting the increased signal strength!

I now have a new bug to report. I am recording American Idol right now. I tried to start it from the start ,16 minutes into the show. It gives me a frozen live picture and not from the start. I have to hit live tv to get out of it. I tried to switch tuners but it happens on both; a frozen live picture. I then tried to watch NCIS from the ota tuner and it works even though it too is 16 minutes into the show. I need to reboot to get it to work but I don't want to interrupt my recordings . Maybe once Ncis is over I can reboot and get my American Idol show to start from the start. I will report back if it doesn't work .

Well after the American Idol show was through recording I started it and it started 15 minutes into the show. I could only get it to start from the begining by rewinding to the start. Later on after watching the show, I was doing a search for movies and it froze up and rebooted by itself.

I disagree. I never had this problem until the new download. The 4 new user guides appeared with download and each time I turn off reciever and back on and go to guide, the USER guide 1 appears. Also when I used to simply be able to scroll thru " HD, All channels. or Subscribed" Now I have to scroll thru HD, ALL, SUB, USER 1, 2, 3, 4,.

I tried to go into menu for guides and favorites but it wont let me delete the obnoxius new 4 user guides I will never even use 1 of. Its not a bug but it BUGS ME!

The favorites are in the Non volatile memory(ram). This bug has appeared at various times on many receivers. The answer is always to erase the NVM. You lose favorites, and preferences when you do and will have to set them up again. Diagnostics(menu 6,3), info, browse, theme, tv video input, then follow screen instruction to complete reset. If you do this make sure your reset your lock password and other preferences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)