Official 622 L4.01 Discussion Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Fixes may be coming soon...

In response to email I sent to the 'CEO', on Monday evening I received a call from Jennifer S. at Executive Communications for Echostar. She apologized for the problem I had and we came to an agreeable solution.

As part of this conversation, we also discussed the issues with both the 211 and 622 related to V4.01 we've been having. She says the they (engineering) are aware of the problems and are working feverishly to get a fix out (she says it is currently in beta). She said, "They hope to have the fix out by the end of the week". :clap (Of course, this is Dish, so believe it when (if) you see it. ;) )

Jeff

In response to email I sent to the 'CEO', on Monday evening I received a call from Jennifer S. at Executive Communications for Echostar. She apologized for the problem I had and we came to an agreeable solution.

As part of this conversation, we also discussed the issues with both the 211 and 622 related to V4.01 we've been having. She says the they (engineering) are aware of the problems and are working feverishly to get a fix out (she says it is currently in beta). She said, "They hope to have the fix out by the end of the week". :clap (Of course, this is Dish, so believe it when (if) you see it. ;) )

Jeff

I received a similar email reply from Jennifer S. about recording from the 129 sat and loss of signal issue. Hopefully it'll be fixed in 4.02...

OTA problem with 4.01

I recieved 4.01 along with everyone else last week, so far I like all of the new features. I am having one problem that is driving me crazy. With the OTA changes, my signal for my CBS OTA station went from ~95 signal to 100 signal. But now it drops outs fairly often and i get the message saying part of the recording has been lost. Before this update, I almost never had any dropouts with this channel.

All of my other OTA channels improved by about 5 on their signal values, but none of them are having drop out issues. I live about 25miles from the transmitters and I am using an antennae in my attic with an amplifier. I haven't removed the amplifier (I will try that later), but I am sure I will lose some channels as I have a couple of 60-70 signal channels.

How many other people are seeing this issue?

760 error

I really need to thank you all. We got up this morning and my wife was in a panic that the hard drive must be deleted. I called Dish and the tech support said all you could do is click the "delete now" button and that would result in a cleaned off disk drive and message 761. I then googled 'Dish 622 error 760' and found you all. I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in and wallah! it is back just fine!

I called Dish back and told them about it and asked that they produce a tech bulletin to all their support people to have any custome that called in to try the unplug / plug test before deleting the hard drive. I would be really pissed if I deleted it and only then found that all I needed to do was this simple procedure.

Again, THANKS!:)

I really need to thank you all. We got up this morning and my wife was in a panic that the hard drive must be deleted. I called Dish and the tech support said all you could do is click the "delete now" button and that would result in a cleaned off disk drive and message 761. I then googled 'Dish 622 error 760' and found you all. I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in and wallah! it is back just fine!

I called Dish back and told them about it and asked that they produce a tech bulletin to all their support people to have any custome that called in to try the unplug / plug test before deleting the hard drive. I would be really pissed if I deleted it and only then found that all I needed to do was this simple procedure.

The reboot is unnecessary. Selecting delete only clears the partitioned drive reserved for VOD. You DVR'd recording would have been left untouched. It's poor wording on the warning screen.

StolieOne, Welcome to SatelliteGuys! :)

Sould we all have the update by now? I don't know if it's good or bad, but I DO know I don't have it on either of my 622s.

The 'map down' feature working for those channels what have assigned additional 'low number'. So, if it exist in L4.01, but RSN HD doesn't have it - you're SOL.

Hi All, Like I said in an earlier post a few days ago, L4.01 has crippled my 622. We tried to watch Wrestlemania other night, 622 reset it self every 5 minutes and Dish has the nerve to tell me I would only have to pay 1/2 price for the PPV.

Their ace in the hole was that I had another receiver and could watch it there. Well, that didn't happen cause they had no record of me ever ordering the PPV even after it started!

My other receiver has no phone line hooked up so no PPV for me. It said it had to dial out and of course with no phone line it wasn't going to work. I am on my last straw with Dish if they don't fix these 622 problems.

My 622 was almost perfect before this bug ridden update. Is my only recourse to email ceo@? for help. I have been a loyal sub for 8 years with nearly the top of the line package.

They kinda offered a replacement 622 but I have had no contract with them for over 6 years so I own my equipment. I want new and not refurb.

THX for advice!

And I thought reboots once or twice an evening was bad enough.

Time for a Dish ruins their own receiver trivia test.

Let's see, I remember my 4000. Great unit until the black screen problems went on for so long I upgraded to the Dishplayer 7200.

Anyone that's been with Dish more than 5 years remembers how they completely ruined that unit. So that got replaced with a 501, which along with the 508, in my opinion were the most stable receivers Dish ever had.

Then HD came along and I got the 811. Although I hear they eventually got that unit stable, I remember for the first year or so it was a dog. Enough so that I finally upgraded to the 942.

While not perfect, the 942 has been a pretty decent receiver most of the time (still using it in another room) but grabbing the MPEG-4 carrot, I couldn't resist the 622.

My 622 has been reasonably reliable since I got it ............until 4.01.

Is it me or does Dish always seem to find a way to mess up a good thing?

It's like you can never really relax and let your guard down with them. They always find a way to piss you off.:(

So far the only issue I've had with 4.01 is with recording anything off the 129 sat...and if that bird were working correctly for us west coasters, I'd probably be ok there too. Prior to L4.01, recording off that sat, while still encountering signal loss issues, at least it didn't lock-up and reboot my STB...

I was very pleased with the 942. That was a nice, solid receiver. The 811 was pretty much a headache most of the time. The 622 was better at 3.66 than it is at 4.01, by far. Too bad they can't (or won't) rollback to 3.66 until they get 4.xx stable...

"It's like you can never really relax and let your guard down with them. They always find a way to piss you off."

Ain't that the truth. :) They always seem to find a way to piss off the customers with programming changes, uplinking to satellites that don't work well or are out of the footprint for customers, or software updates that fix one problem but introduce 2 or 3 more bugs. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts