Official 622 L4.01 Discussion Thread

This software contains the following new features:

All existing VOD and TV Entertainment content will be deleted from the HD.

Now that is a feature I would like (returning the space to us of course), but I think they meant it as a one time event.

The Delete contents message has nothing to do with the download. That was a problem with the previous software.

This seems odd that all of a sudden this seems to popping up today en masse from folks who signed up for the L401. Is this just a coincidence?

I'm not a beta tester either. I got the corrupted hard drive message this morning also. Selected the OK button and the 622 rebooted. Did not lose any recorded programs (list is still there but did not have time to check recordings) and still have L366 software. I'm wondering also if this was a failed attempt at downloading the L401. I put the 622 back into standby before I left for work and will check to see if the download is there when I get home this afternoon.

This Morning 4.01 already on my 622

I turned on and found 4.01 alread spooled to my 622. My TV2 pq is snowy, so will have to check some settings later when I turn on TV1--maybe some connections loose, hope it was not the software upgrade.

This seems odd that all of a sudden this seems to popping up today en masse from folks who signed up for the L401. Is this just a coincidence?

I agree, I'll bet the dish support centers are extra busy this morning.

It (the corrupted hard drive message) has been happening in groups for several months now. I think it is totally unrealated, but who knows.

I got the corrupted hard drive message this morning, too. Pressed OK & it rebooted, all recordings intact, but still 3.66.

Both my 622s got 4.01. Dishcomm does not find them. Each of the receivers finds itself but not the other. I suspect that the problem is that both of my 622s are plugged into UPSs, which probably kills any chance of power line communication.

Can any of you guys explain to me why E* is duplicating all the HD channels (except the Voom channels) in the ALL HD channel lineup? Now there are duplicates of HBO, Shotime, Starz. Also Discovery, National Geography, Food, etc. Why they need to do this? Its confusing to me. Can it be change?

Go to Menu, System Setup, Local Channels, then Channel Display. Disable DishHD Channels.

BTW, I do like the HD channel map-down.

I am not a beta-tester but i got the sotware update L401.I am in dual mode for both TV's. PIP does not work with TV 1 While in dual Mode,but works if both TV 1 and TV 2 are in Single mode. So far everything Else works fine.

I received an email stating that I didn't get my receiver number sent in time to participate in the beta but 4.01 was on my receiver when I woke up this morning. I'm a bit disappointed. Weren't we expecting the DishOnline features to be included in this release. This seems to be a minor upgrade rather than the major one I was expecting:( . The rumored addition of local weather for the weather channel doesn't seem to be there either:( .

The only brightspot I see is DishCOMM, but there seems to be little to no explanation as to what it is used for.

The HDMI test reports the AspectRatio of my widescreen TV as 4_3. Anyone else see this?

As was stated on the tech chat, DD5.1 over HDMI was supposed to be released with 4.01. I can verify that this is true. Hooked up my receiver to my Denon 4806 and it works flawlessly. Unfortunately, my other 622 didn't get the update, so I can't test it with my Lexicon.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts