Official 622 L4.01 Discussion Thread

Can you change the time (like RedWings did) for updates to 5 minutes from now and put it on standby? Will this work? (I told him to do that)

At least it was not just me.

I do have some locked recordings. That is the only thing I can think of that may be a bit out of the ordinary.

Sorry to hear some people had problems. I don't think the locked recordings were the issue, I have several locked and unlocked recordings and it went ok.

"Forcing" the update didn't work. Stepson changed the upload timer to 9:25 and put it on standby. He said the screensaver went blue/off for about 30 secs and came back on (presumably to check for updates). He just checked the software version again, still L366.

If this happened, are we boogered?

Less then 100,000 units got it last night. It could be his unit was not targeted last night.

He will just need to wait like everyone else.

WHAT THE F#%K!

I requested the early release of the software and this morning I turn on my TV and press the up-arrow from the screen saver to see if I have the new software. It says I still have the old L366. I press Done to return to the screen saver then press Select and I get a message that your hard drive has been corrupted and all recorded content will need to be erased. Sorry for the inconvenience. There is a OK button on the message. I do not select it and just unplug the thing.

Well it just rebooted and all is as it was. L366 and the drive has all my programs on it.

That was a close one.

Dude, calm down and read your beta test e-mail. It will be rolled out for us beta testers around midnight tonight to be ready FRIDAY morning. :)

But he got the "Erase the Hard Drive" Message. Doesn't that mean they tried to push the L401 last night? (for our box)

Also again got the corrupted hard drive delete message, same as last week, powered off reboot, all ok, no new software. Other 622 didn't do anything different.

Can any of you guys explain to me why E* is duplicating all the HD channels (except the Voom channels) in the ALL HD channel lineup? Now there are duplicates of HBO, Shotime, Starz. Also Discovery, National Geography, Food, etc. Why they need to do this? Its confusing to me. Can it be change?

Can anybody answer this question? Was it explain already?

Alex, scotts link (pdf) explains this....HD is also next to the SD stations in guide. 140 ESPN will have an SD and HD version, for instance.

The answer is that it is one of the features of the new update. People have been asking for the HD Channels to be right next to the SD Channels for convenience i.e. HD Mapdown. I don't know if it can be turned off but I'm guessing no....I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere on here that the old ones will go away.

Thanks for answering my question. I dont see how it helps (having duplicates of the same channel). I hope that what Kwestjones said is true and one of the two goes away. I did not sign for the beta test. I did sign up for the HD channels as soon as E* had them. I remember the installer telling me I was the first person in the NY area that he was installing one. I dont know if he was telling the truth.

We got the error message for the first time this morning, freaked out the better half. I just "knew" it had something to do with the new software so had her just push select and let it do it's own re-boot. All is OK except we still have the old software.

Here is my "theory": Maybe the new software downloads to the same area as the VOD stuff and if it's full or nearly so it results in this error.

Someone with more knowledge can confirm or dispute this.

Alex, read the pdf. This update changes your default to display like this. You can change this back in a new menu setting (see pdf).

It appears that some of people (not all) who signed up for the update got it last nite instead of tonite. If alex didn't sign up, then they sent it to others as well last night.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU GOT "DELETE CONTENTS MESSAGE" THIS MORNING MEANS THEY TRIED TO PUSH L401 TO YOUR BOX LAST NIGHT? I'm not seeing an answer to this, so nobody knows this answer definitively?

Why are some people getting it before us who signed up for the Beta?

Matt L., who coordinated the requests, explained it. He began fowarding the requests in groups, and Echostar told him that they got some of them entered by yesterday before they ran out of time, and should get the rest done today. Remember since they are entering specific receiver numbers (rather then ranges or all) they have to do all this by hand.

The Delete contents message has nothing to do with the download. That was a problem with the previous software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)