AZBOX Official announcement and launch of AzBox United States

Thanks for the information. So it all depends on processing power. How does the Prof 7500 work, hardware or software/codec to view 4.2.2.? If software/codec what sort of processing power is required? Reason I ask is because nowadays quite a few STB receivers are really computers (internet access, media players, etc.) so if you had a powerful enough processor in the STB you would think that a software solution could be possible (sort of like the STB streaming to itself and being decoded by a program similar to VLC).

Hopefully the Titan has enough processing power to at least receive SD 4.2.2 feeds in realtime using a software codec such as the CBC news feeds on 107.3W Ku-band. We are fully aware that there will be limitations with no hardware 4.2.2 support on this model but will try to do the best firmware-wise with the hardware we have to work with in order to adapt it to the North American market.

With a DVB card on your PC, things are different as your computer's CPU and GPU processing power is being used to decode 4.2.2 video in realtime. Modern day PC's have a lot more processing power than any STB.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Last edited:
Hopefully the Titan has enough processing power to at least receive SD 4.2.2 feeds in realtime using a software codec such as the CBC news feeds on 107.3W Ku-band. We are fully aware that there will be limitations with no hardware 4.2.2 support on this model but will try to do the best firmware-wise with the hardware we have to work with in order to adapt it to the North American market.

LOL good luck with that !

Funniest thing I heard all day.

UDL

I bought my MicroHD from the fellow in Kentucky at gotcband.com

Is he an authorized MicroHD dealer also?

I assume you meant "authorized miniMe dealer" Yes, gotcband.com is an authorized AzBox US dealer. They should soon have the AzBox miniMe American Edition available for sale.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)