Official Date Hopper 3 and 4k Joey - January 28th

Working on the Hopper 3 and the new UI. The 4K Joey has been finished for quite awhile now.
Apparently not if PIP isn't working. As far as I know the only differences between a 4K Joey and regular Joey are 4K, PIP, and built-in Bluetooth. So I guess Meatloaf would be satisfied but for a product announced a year ago I would expect full functionality.

Apparently not if PIP isn't working. As far as I know the only differences between a 4K Joey and regular Joey are 4K, PIP, and built-in Bluetooth. So I guess Meatloaf would be satisfied but for a product announced a year ago I would expect full functionality.
The 4K Joey will be substantially faster having a much newer and faster CPU and more RAM.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Yes, it really does, all fun aside. It is better! But not enough to make me switch.
Agree, If we are being honest, Directv is better.
I can notice it.
Also my bundled Internet/ broadcast Basic cable has 6 HD channels is also Much better then Dish and Directv, and that Just comes straight from a coax, Not STB.

But again, The Value overall out weighs the minimal difference in PQ.

If I had to rate my setup.
Cable 9.5
DIRECTV 9
DISH 8.5

SD PQ
DISH- 8
CABLE- 5
DIRECTV -4.5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We were poking fun at Scott for comparing Directv 2x in the same sentence.

The pq can be debated with dish and directv till the end of time. IMO it's not debatable unless your a nitpicker, then you won't be happy with any service.

Reactions: charlesrshell
We were poking fun at Scott for comparing Directv 2x in the same sentence.

The pq can be debated with dish and directv till the end of time. IMO it's not debatable unless your a nitpicker, then you won't be happy with any service.
Was never a nitpicker. Went to my bother in law's in Lexington (same exact TV, BTW), looked at his and SAW "better"! No nitpicking involved.

The 4K Joey will be substantially faster having a much newer and faster CPU and more RAM.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'm aware of the hardware differences I should have specified features. Am I the only one disappointed that one of its biggest features is not available at launch? I wouldn't have an issue if the 4K Joey was announced at CES 2016 and not CES 2015.

Was never a nitpicker. Went to my bother in law's in Lexington (same exact TV, BTW), looked at his and SAW "better"! No nitpicking involved.

Ok I agree, it may be slightly better but not a game changer.

What I should have said it shouldn't be a factor in deciding on a provider. The H3 may soon put that debate to bed.

I wonder if we will be able to order a H3 only, no Joey?

I currently have a HWS and 1 Joey, but the Joey was about to be returned as I no longer need a 2nd TV. I decided to hang onto it for a month in case I needed it to get the H3, and then return it after the dust settles with my H3 (and, "move" at that time as well).

I wonder if we will be able to order a H3 only, no Joey?

I currently have a HWS and 1 Joey, but the Joey was about to be returned as I no longer need a 2nd TV. I decided to hang onto it for a month in case I needed it to get the H3, and then return it after the dust settles with my H3 (and, "move" at that time as well).

There should be no reason for you to need a Joey with the Hopper 3.

There should be no reason for you to need a Joey with the Hopper 3.

I hope not, but I thought I recalled when H1 came out you couldn't order just the H1, it had to be H1 and at least 1 Joey (which was fine with me, at the time). Maybe I'm just remembering wrong though.

I hope not, but I thought I recalled when H1 came out you couldn't order just the H1, it had to be H1 and at least 1 Joey (which was fine with me, at the time). Maybe I'm just remembering wrong though.

That was a long time ago when they weren't sure how common set ups were going to be. I wouldn't worry about it now.

Reactions: bchandler02

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)