Official DISH Channel Request Thread

You are right, I stand corrected, I meant Fox Sports 2 In HD! I am not sure why anyone would want to request a sport channel in SD.
Try watching it in SD and your eyes hurt after 15 mins.

DISH isn't listening

DISH promised me ESPNU-HD years ago. By my count there are 21 posts in this thread with over 75 likes about ESPNU-HD.

Still, no ESPNU-HD from DISH.

DISH isn't listening and it won't happen.

Whatever happened to the Smithsonian channel?
It was supposedly dismissed as severely lacking in fresh content.

IIRC, they started up with only 75 hours of programming and had a goal of 150 hours a year. That works out to less than a week worth of new programming per year.

I see no point in bringing it back unless and until they have significant new content.

I see no point in bringing it back unless and until they have significant new content.
I didn't even know Dish had the channel at one time. I discovered it on Verizon FIOS TV about a year ago and there was several good programs. When did Dish eliminate it and do you know how come?

I didn't even know Dish had the channel at one time.
There are a number of good programs, but they repeat rather often absent fresh content.
When did Dish eliminate it and do you know how come?
The channel was added on May 12th, 2008 and turned off on February 1st, 2009.

See my previous post (#469) about one theory as to why.

Some of the content is available via web streaming.

There are a number of good programs, but they repeat rather often absent fresh content.The channel was added on May 12th, 2008 and turned off on February 1st, 2009.

See my previous post (#469) about one theory as to why.

Some of the content is available via web streaming.

Thanks for the info.

I don't care how new it is if it's endless reality programs like Discovery shows these days. I'd take some good ol' documentaries over those any day.

Well, DUH! :doh:

I already had Smithsonian on my Roku, just forgot about it.

Thanks for the reminder, we watched a show on Rolls Royce cars in India. Really nice show, SWMBO was pleased.

Well, DUH! :doh:

I already had Smithsonian on my Roku, just forgot about it.

Thanks for the reminder, we watched a show on Rolls Royce cars in India. Really nice show, SWMBO was pleased.

My friend in Florida has a SlingBox on her Verizon DVR so I watch Smithsonian thru it. I think it is a super program. I have four HWS and a SlingBox Pro attached to one of my HWS and I have to watch from another SlingBox in another state on a Brand X TV provider's DVR. Oh well, mission gets accomplished!

Understood. But wouldn't a Roku be easier?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys