Official DISH Channel Request Thread

UNIVERSAL SPORTS HD

I hope I don't get in trouble, but I posted the below in the thread about the Boston Marathon being in HD on 455.

Since 402 is in HD format, just not full screen, I changed the format to Zoom so that it does. The Hopper remembers this and goes to that screen format each time I go to 402. It reverts to Normal when I access any HD channel.
If I remember, a long time ago, a person posted that he worked for US and that they broadcast the feed in HD. That would explain why 402 is in the HD screen ratio. Why Dish doen't show it full screen, I don't know.

I would love to see some more combat sports / MMA channels. There are so many available that surely at least one would be able to work out a mutually beneficial contract. I don't need all of them, but 2 or 3 of these would be nice.
Fighting Athletes Network (not sure if only streaming or not)
Fight Box TV
Fight Network
Fight Now TV
Fight Sports TV
My Combat Channel

Fox Sports 1 and 2 in AT120.

Or move ESPN2 and ESPNU to AT200 and the everything pack respectively.

HOW ABOUT A LITTLE EQUANIMITY HERE!!

There are a lot of interesting European detective and mystery shows on MHz Network (a/k/a MHZ Worldview). It's non-commercial, too. I've watched some episodes of some of these on DVD, but these are too expensive.

Reactions: minkbarn
There are a lot of interesting European detective and mystery shows on MHz Network (a/k/a MHZ Worldview). It's non-commercial, too. I've watched some episodes of some of these on DVD, but these are too expensive.

First I've seen of this. Looks neat. Dish could use more international programming in general. That, at least to me, was always the allure of satellite before I had it...the idea that you would see more of the world.

I'd still like to see a replacement for KBS world. Some great music shows on there.

I'm sure other folks have come to the same conclusion, but, especially with the Comcast/TWC and AT&T/DirecTV mergers, I think Dish needs to make the Hopper the one-stop shop for TV viewing. That means, adding Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu apps at a minimum, and OTT apps for the extra content around TV shows that is only available on the websites. Ideally, that would include search that sources content from all of Dish's providers as well as the online services, just like Tivo does. For me to continue to pay so much money every month, Dish needs to take advantage of my laziness such that I never would consider leaving. I really like Dish, I just don't like the cost (of any pay TV provider).

Also, it would be nice to have a package which excludes the expensive sports channels for those who don't care about such things.

Exactly. You pay for the sports pack and the people who never watch sports get the package without it. ESPN and other sports channels are the most expensive channels per sub. They could easily drop the price of the 250 pack $10 a month without sports.
Even better make it all ala carte and get rid of 260 channels. :)

Discovery Wings - went military quickly. There is a lot of aviation that is not military. I would not mind a mix, but Discovery Military is something I seldom watch. Aviation more general would attract me frequently.

Yep. They're changing to the "American Heroes Channel" on March 3. SIGH. PLEASE add the Military History Channel! Surely there is a good deal of interest in consuming military topics. Guess I'm going to have to look online.
Go back to Discovery Wings.

Please bring Htv back, its way better that Telehit, Bandamax and Mtv3 put together. Or at least deliver Ritmoson as promised, which is the only network from Univision that doesn't suck

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)