OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Checked again, still no sports channels as they said they would give. ESPN Classic still in green in guide and those upper channels 9660 or whatever still don't show up. :confused::confused:

Again, I'm not looking at the actualy numbers. All that I'm saying is that in a perfect world where all companies got all programming, DirecTV's sub numbers would be different. Look at parts of the country where cable isn't offered. People are left with two choices, and one continously tries to monoploize anything to do with sports. That's their bread and butter. In Amnerica, I don't have a problem with that, all I'm saying is that when DirecTV loose all their "exclusive rights" the playing feel will change. With things like the Sunday Ticket being on cable or IPTVs comes the On Demand library.

Complete crap.
Really? Care to support that statement?

Dish has about 14 million subscribers. Direct has about 18 million subscribers. The difference between those two values is about 4 million. Direct does NOT have 4 million ST subs, they only have about 2 million. So, therefor the difference between the number of subs between the two providers is greater than the total number of ST subs. Can you tell me where this crap lies? Because I am not smelling or seeing it

This means that even if Direct lost every single ST sub, they would still have more subs than Dish (keep in mind, not everyone of those subs will go exclusively to Dish). We also know that they are not going to lose everyone of them.

Does anyone know if there is any loophole in the law or in the contracts that will allow someone to get out of the contract without having to pay the disc. fees due to the loss of these channels??? Any discourse whatsoever? I just switched to Dish 2 months ago!

Thanks

Jonesy99, I don't think that it's complete crap, but people were quick to link my message to a 100% comparison between Dish and DirecTV. Notice how I never mentioned Dish when talking about the subs for Sunday Ticket. I mentioned Dish when comparing disputes and HBO/Cinemax offerings. I wasn't even trying to make a claim that when Sunday Ticket goes multi-provider Dish's numbers would be better than DirecTV's. I was making the claim that 2 million subs were there most likely due to it being the exclusive rights carrier to that package, and that if the govenment hadn't stepped in, they would of had more due to being the exclusive rights carrier for Extra Innings. That should be mentioned in this ongoing arguement. For someone who never experienced DirecTV, exept in a store display, I can't say much about them. But, when yelling about numbers, one must acknowledge that some are there because it's the only place to see what they want. Why don't I go to Burger King? Because they don't have the Big Mac. If they did, I would try it.

As far as I'm concerned Nat'l Geo. is the BEST ch. Dish has & I DVR many shows. I also watch Sons Of An. on FX. I only have the top 250 pkg. for Nat-Geo and am thinking of dropping that tier. I'm disgusted with Fox for their F-ing GREED!! This is why our economy is all but finished- GREEDY people/corporations.

I won't have Direc or cable. I am really bent over this whole matter and Dish also should be ashamed of themselves for ignoring their customer's wants/needs. Their churn rate will go up fast if they don't re-instate my fav. 2 chs. FAST!! Who in their right mind demands 50% during a raging recession/depression??

As I am sure what was advertised in alot of local sports papers today. The ad of course states the obivous with with FX, FSN and Nat deo but also local fax could be lost november 1st. That would stink

As I am sure what was advertised in alot of local sports papers today. The ad of course states the obivous with with FX, FSN and Nat deo but also local fax could be lost november 1st. That would stink

Dish would be fools to not at least secure the local fox networks. To lose all of that NFL coverage would really piss a lot of people off.

Through out all this discussion of who's better and who's at fault, have Dish and FOX began to talk, or are they still watching people complain on their propaganda sites?

It is the weekend man - they do not have time to talk - they are busy on their yachts

Really? Care to support that statement?

Dish has about 14 million subscribers. Direct has about 18 million subscribers. The difference between those two values is about 4 million. Direct does NOT have 4 million ST subs, they only have about 2 million. So, therefor the difference between the number of subs between the two providers is greater than the total number of ST subs. Can you tell me where this crap lies? Because I am not smelling or seeing it

This means that even if Direct lost every single ST sub, they would still have more subs than Dish (keep in mind, not everyone of those subs will go exclusively to Dish). We also know that they are not going to lose everyone of them.

ok then, thats their problem, If I cared about crappy dvrs and overpriced sports packaging I might consider changing. I don't sit up nights and worry I might be missing something because I have a regular life.
When dtv started the hotpass thing for racing, I looked at it then and didnt like the numbers. Bottom line for me is I couldnt care less about stupid regional fsn's and its going to take a lot more than fx and natgeo for me to even consider changing.
I had dtv for roughly a year in the 90's, now I know a lot has changed since, but the service was crap then.
So the dtv weenies can go on and on about they have more blah blah blah,, makes no difference.
Christ everyones an expert.

Must be boring

Man the D* forums must really be boring. Otherwise I just can't understand why there are so many D* trolls over here posting. With their axes to grind about how awful E* is. :eek:

Man the D* forums must really be boring. Otherwise I just can't understand why there are so many D* trolls over here posting. With their axes to grind about how awful E* is. :eek:

This dispute really affects all the providers, so it's important to all of us. But I'll be honest, the D* forums are really boring. Nothing happens there, the equipment just works, no contract disputes, and not whining about I don't have "x" channel. :D

This dispute really affects all the providers, so it's important to all of us. But I'll be honest, the D* forums are really boring. Nothing happens there, the equipment just works, no contract disputes, and not whining about I don't have "x" channel. :D

Not since Versus got back on. Or was it since they dropped XM for Sonic Tap? I've been reading these posts for years, just began to put in 2 cents into the penny jar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts