OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

What's with the OMG are you blind size print. Can't you just state what you have to say w/o SCREAMING IT?
Not screaming. Just making sure its Seen by them.

Just the same as the FX fans MSG and MSG + fans.

Were these dropped? Yep!
Though the Numbers Next Quarter will reflect what people really want.:)

Hemi 6.1 said:
No channel is Safe in Dish Networks line up. History Shows that 15+ channel drops in a single day are not uncommon.

It's happened twice over how long of a time period? How is that even close to being a common occurrence? You dislike Dish, fine; but try to ground your argument in reality. Saying that it is common for Dish to drop 15+ channels in a day is an outright lie and it hurts your credibility (which is a shame since some of your basic arguments are spot on).

Hemi 6.1 said:
Hey, what ever. Good luck with trying to sell TV programming to customers for the same price as everyone else , But are missing alot of what others are offering.

The same could be said of Direct and all the missing national HD channels that subs complain about.

. Saying that it is common for Dish to drop 15+ channels in a day is an outright lie and it hurts your credibility (which is a shame since some of your basic arguments are spot on).

Your Funny I didn't say its common,
I said its not Uncommon. But Lets call it " Not UnHeard of" If thats better!
Meaning it happend 2 twice in 3 Years. Now lets see, 46 divided by 3 = 15.3 Channels per year Dropped.

I've never seen or heard of any provider other then "Voom the Satellite company" cutting off that many national channels at once.

Maybe it has happend But 3 years of History even by the IRS is not that far back.

The same could be said of Direct and all the missing national HD channels that subs complain about.
If it never launched, well then its not dropped.

People who subscribe to D* are basing their choice on whats in their line up.

Dish Network customers too, Only difference they are ditching channels they've had.

Dish Network customers too, Only difference they are ditching channels they've had.

LOL, if it never launched, huh? Is that the best you can do? You might tell all those that have been complaining on the other site for months about the missing national HD.

And D* can and has dropped channels, could happen tomorrow too. And as these content providers keep pushing harder and harder to jack up their rates, you can expect more of these kind of things to happen.

But it was brought out in another forum that for all the complaining about what wasn't there on Dish this weekend, there is little bitching about the missing college football. That seems to say that the sports fans are not nearly as upset as some would like us to believe.

Hemi, unfortunately we are going to have to start calling you BOB. Which one do you want to be?;)

The basic premise in the US is that of freedom of contract, whereby with few exceptions (illegality, incapacity, etc.) individuals are presumed to be free to enter into binding legal contracts with other individuals. Unconscionable contracts and contracts of adhesion (think incredibly one-sided, take it or knave it, boilerplate form contracts) aren't excuses for getting out of most contracts. They are mostly used when one side is providing the other with a basic need and is using their position of power as related to providing that basic necessity to fierce the other person into unfair contract terms. You won't find many courts that will deem TV as a basic need (especially since in most places there is at least one alternative provider and the consumer chose Dish and agreed to the contract terms).

Agreed in general, but there are cases where a term has been found unconscionable in consumer contracts not involving basic needs and where alternatives were available. E.g., credit card agreements, rental car agreements, cell phone contracts. Depends to some extent on how unfair the term is and on whether it is contrary to the "reasonable expectations" of the parties.

Does anyone know what happens if you cancel and don't pay the cancellation fee? Would they really go after you?

Does anyone know what happens if you cancel and don't pay the cancellation fee? Would they really go after you?

Yes they will. Last time I switched from E* to D*, I told them to take the ETF and whatever other charges out of the credit card on file. They didn't do that, but a couple of months later sent me a nasty gram to pay up. No problem, I paid and told them to get their stuff together.

Hemi, unfortunately we are going to have to start calling you BOB. Which one do you want to be?;)
How about we keep it clean. I'm not calling you guys names. And Bob not running around here calling you or anyone else out.

I also don't see Bob with another members name in his signature, Thats mature! And I'm sure you know who you are.:rolleyes:

Making it personal is the Last but unusefull attempt at avoiding the truth.

Fact is More channels are gone, AGAIN from E*.

When is enough enough???

100% exactly right.

And some day it could be something you like.:)

But your still going to be paying for what you don't have.

We are still enjoying EPIX1, EPIX2, DIY, Indieplex., Retroplex, Shorts, Centric and for some EPIX3 - all in HD on DISH.
We are enjoying BBC AM in SD and HD.
We are enjoying HLN in HD.
We are enjoying AMC in HD.
We are enjoying several more HBO channels in both SD and HD.
We are enjoying several more Cinemax in both SD and HD.
We are enjoying Investigation Discovery in HD.

You have to pay more for Directv and for all of those RSNs/sports packages in SD/HD.

Last edited:
Several, Thats funny. Your also paying $1 more then D*

One is SD on HBO and 2 on Cinemax Wow, D* you suck.:p
HBO comedy,5 Star Max and Action Max

Lets see should I list what D* has that dish doesn't in HD and SD?

Or should we just let that slide?:)

Dish should at least comp all subs with AT120+ or higher missing their RSN with $5/month or about 17 cents a day for each day missed. Why $5/month? That is the amount Dish charges for the RSN (AT120 vs AT120+).

It of course sounds simple/easy but probably would overload Dish's billing system to make the change.

One is SD on HBO and 2 on Cinemax Wow, D* you suck.:p

Lets see should I list what D* has that dish doesn't in HD and SD?

Or should we just let that slide?:)

??? All of these below are not available on D*, plus see my previous post.
HBO Comedy HD
HBO Family HD
HBO Latino HD
HBO Signature HD
With D* you get the sports regionals, if you pay extra.
According to the D* website:
DIRECTV: DIRECTV vs DISH: HD Comparison

DAVEGTESTR said:
Hemi 6.1 said:

One is SD on HBO and 2 on Cinemax Wow, D* you suck.
You know, DirecTV and HBO are having somewhat of a dispute. If I can dig it up later, I will.

I do find it funny how many Dish Network subs are cheering on holding the line when it comes to price increases with the programmers, and that DirecTV just takes it. I also like hearing about how DirecTV is missing all of these HD channels, yet they don't have an agreement (yet). That would be contrary to the Dish Network v. Disney dispute, where Dish Network carried 4 HD channels for 25 months and didn't pay a cent for them.

And still the PERCEPTION is that DirecTV isn't fighting. DirecTV is fighting, just like Dish Network, but DirecTV doesn't want to put their subscribers in the line of fire.

Dish needs to get their act together so that the FSN's don't end up like the YES network. Dish did have the YES network a long time ago but do to a contract dispute the channel was never played on dish again. Charlie loves to low-ball programmers. DIsh hasn't had the YES since the time I have been their which has been about 4 years.

And still the PERCEPTION is that DirecTV isn't fighting. DirecTV is fighting, just like Dish Network, but DirecTV doesn't want to put their subscribers in the line of fire.

Couldnt have said it better.
So by not putting the subs in the line of fire essentially they're caving or at best negotiating a smaller increase. Charlie's taking a chance pissing off subs sure, but I'd rather see that than just a price increase an no real explanation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)