OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Well I pissed and moaned earlier but after talking it over with the wife I have decided to stay put for now. The dual tuner DVR and the familiarity with our equipment and tailgating setup was the deciding factor.

I have to assume this will be resolved soon and hopefully ESPNU-HD will as well. Yes I could have saved some money each month but I just didn't want the hassle of changing right now. I will say Dish, after being a customer for seven plus years, is at the end of their rope.

Hemi, with all due respect, you don't have a horse in this race, yet you are wound tighter than fishing line caught on a log. WHY???

Hemi, with all due respect, you don't have a horse in this race, yet you are wound tighter than fishing line caught on a log. WHY???
Because it bugs me to see crap like this happen, and when I can't do anything about it.

I would love a Face to Face with Charlie and let him know the crap he puts his customers through, and the crap he put me through while trying to walk away.

So yes I still have a lot of built up anger.
No I don't want all of you to go to D*, I just want all of you to Leave Dish Network. Sorry, But thats how I feel.

I've never been more pissed off at a company I stood up for with Such force, and in return Dish Network made me Look Like a Complete A$$hol%.

Over and Over.

You guys seem to forget, I have a lot of threads where I've stood up for Dish.
I mean Really Stood up for Dish.

And look where it got me.

You guys seem to forget, I have a lot of threads where I've stood up for Dish.
I mean Really Stood up for Dish.

And look where it got me.

It got you to Directv where you SAY you are happy. So don't get yourself worked up and trying to own this thread. Watch YOUR TV.

It got you to Directv where you SAY you are happy. So don't get yourself worked up and trying to own this thread. Watch YOUR TV.

Why do you bother. If everyone would ignore him and quit baiting him he everyone's lives would be much more pleasant! It works with the bobs...

May be leaving Dish

Zippy,

I looked at the chart you posted and you show a bunch of channels that are not owned by FOX. First off, the ESPN suite of channels is owned by Disney, Second G4 is owned by Comcast. The Fox Networks that are in jeopardy is most of the RSN's, except for the Rainbow channels (MSG, MSG+) and a couple of others, then you have Fox News, Fox Business Channel, FX, Fox Soccer Channel, but with that said I'm not sure all of the Fox Networks are in jeopardy.

I seriously doubt you will see a shutoff of the channels, and if there is one it will only last a couple of days. Dish can't afford to lose the channels as their subscribers will be beyond upset and cause A LOT of Churn. Secondly Dish has A LOT of subscribers and Fox Networks will lose A LOT of advertising revenue.

In the end you will likely see some PR spin from both companies at the last minute to say, "We are very happy to announce an agreement as been forged that is in the best interest of BOTH companies."

John
HarleyCowboy - I guess I may have to leave Dish and go Direct. FX is one of my favorite channels.

I'll tell you what. If Dish doesn't have FX back on by tomorrow, I will cancel service. I'm sure they will throw the contract at me,but I'll throw it back. In the last couple months,I've been losing channels. The way I see it, they have broken the contract. If you buy a service and part of it is suspended,you have every right to end the service.

I'll tell you what. If Dish doesn't have FX back on by tomorrow, I will cancel service. I'm sure they will throw the contract at me,but I'll throw it back. In the last couple months,I've been losing channels. The way I see it, they have broken the contract. If you buy a service and part of it is suspended,you have every right to end the service.

Why waste time? Make the call now. Nothing is going to get settled tonight, although it might be a bit cool this time of year for yachting in Denver.

If you can't hold out until Nov. 7, there is no time like tonight.

You might as well get that lawsuit started. It's gonna take a lotta time.

If Dish is really going to be tough they should hold out for a la carte. Tell Fox ok how much do you want for your channels, we will put our markup on them and sell them to anyone that wants them. Charge as much as you want, we do not care, only those that think you are providing a good deal will sub to them. Of course that would only be a dream, it would never happen.

LOL good luck with that cowboy! :rolleyes:

If Dish is really going to be tough they should hold out for a la carte. Tell Fox ok how much do you want for your channels, we will put our markup on them and sell them to anyone that wants them. Charge as much as you want, we do not care, only those that think you are providing a good deal will sub to them.
I'd love to see one single provider try 'a la carte'. I think people would get a rude awakening. It will never happen though and the reason why is, the networks couldn't handle it.

If you need a lawyer I hear Greg "everything dish network does is illegal" Bimson is available. Also, you might be able to sue for emotional distress of not being able to watch 6 hours of two and a half men a day.

Last edited:

Isn't there a disclammer when you sign up with ANY TV provider that states, " Pricing and Programing may change Yadda Yadda Yadda????????????

Good luck "throwing it back"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)