OFFICIAL: Dish Network Not Enough New HD Complaint Thread

No, we haven't been told what E* hoped to do, even without a launch failure. Did you watch Monday's chat? They gave a list of channels without giving any order or dates, and then even said that they might not add all the channels that were on the list! And so far even that vague information has only been disseminated via a single source, which required knowledge and action on the part of the customer to view.

In contrast, Comcast, who usually do all sorts of things I'm not happy about, recently did a multi-stage rearrangement and addition of channels. And guess what? They sent everyone a notice of exactly what was moving and what was being added, and when. (Note that they are only legally required to do this in the case of deletions.) And the employees were informed of what was going on even in advance of that.

Also, I used to be able to get helpful, accurate, in-depth technical information from my DSL provider, prior to them outsourcing their help desk to India. (I can still get it unofficially via some techs who post to another forum, or on the rare occasion I need to have a tech on site. That's also more than you can say about Dish.)

So I've just demonstrated that not all companies are as obtuse as Dish in all instances, so I do think I have a right to complain without being shot down as a whiner.

This isn't whining?

Well, I don't view it as whining. There are some instances of that here. I guess I shouldn't be reading these kinds of threads because I don't understand them. Ya know what guys, s*** happens. It sucks we're down in the score of this game, if you don't mind the crummy analogy, but we're gonna get those channels. I've got so much TV programming to watch, I could never record and get to it all. This is the gripe thread, so gripe away. But in my opinion, you don't have a damn thing to gripe about. And on a side note. The gripes within this thread are going to look very trivial in comparison to the storm brewing. More and more people are going to be forced to realign their priorities. So, watch it while you got it and be damn glad to have it.

i'm surprised no one has posted here today after what most people thought would be a good day for us

i'm surprised no one has posted here today after what most people thought would be a good day for us

Seems like a bout of malaise has settled over E* subs. Can't say I blame them.

While I already get my Ft. Myers local HDs in OTA and didn't mind not getting them, I was really surprised that they weren't turned on (yeah I saw them moved.. again.. this week).

I'm in a contact, so I'm in for the long haul, but waiting for ScifiHD and others since Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years/end of Feb/End of March/etc. is making me feel embarrassed for Chuckybaby.

DirecTV added more channels. Dish has not done sh*t. I dropped down to HD essentials (Voom just flat out sucks now). This is getting old. Dish needs to step it up. Come on Charlie, we (the loyal subscribers) made you a billionaire. Give us the HD we have been waiting for.

wah wah blah blah blah dish sucks where is sci fi i love bsg...

Actually I DO love BSG and not getting SciFi in time for the premiere is Bullsh!t. He even had the broad from the show on his chat. We are way overdue for adding channels.

On the other hand, Dish Network is THE sh*t because of their HD-Only package. For people like myself that only found themselves watching the HD channels anyway then its perfect. (EXCEPT I CAN'T GET MY RSN FOR SOME REASON!!!!!!!!!ONE)

I'm torn.

Last edited:
How many cable cos will surpass DISH in national HD. Yesterday, AT&T said adding HBO suite in HD and today Time Warner will have 50 channels on April 30. Dish is concerned about Lil but need least add top rated channels in HD. I do except to have channel like VH1-HD, but USA-HD should be on board. The ball is in E* hands not NBCU.

wah wah blah blah blah dish sucks where is sci fi i love bsg...

Actually I DO love BSG and not getting SciFi in time for the premiere is Bullsh!t. He even had the broad from the show on his chat. We are way overdue for adding channels.

On the other hand, Dish Network is THE sh*t because of their HD-Only package. For people like myself that only found themselves watching the HD channels anyway then its perfect. (EXCEPT I CAN'T GET MY RSN FOR SOME REASON!!!!!!!!!ONE)

I'm torn.

Maybe Charlie the Tuna and the gale from BSG had a fallout and that is why we have no SCIFI HD.

ALL I want is to view any local channels in HD. I live in the Colorado Springs toeprint but the mountains are in the way for the local OTA signal to reach my outdoor antenna. I can't get it from Dish, Direct, or US Cable in HD.

What are my options?
1. Wait, wait, and wait some more for satellite local HD. "Coming Soon"
2. Move out of the mountains. Not a realistic option for us
3. Live with what package we have at $137.48 per month. Wife loves those movie channels but complains about not getting locals in HD like the other channels.
4. I got approval for a higher OTA antenna but still could not get a signal at my location.
5. Punt, Pass, and Kick in SD only.

Ideas?

How many cable cos will surpass DISH in national HD. Yesterday, AT&T said adding HBO suite in HD and today Time Warner will have 50 channels on April 30. Dish is concerned about Lil but need least add top rated channels in HD. I do except to have channel like VH1-HD, but USA-HD should be on board. The ball is in E* hands not NBCU.

Cox in Phoenix didn't add any of the channels that D* did. Cox is WAY behind where E* is. Still, I wish E* would add SpeedHD, OTDCH HD and RFDTV HD soon.

Greg,

There is a thread discussing Colorado Springs HD issues on AVS Forum. I believe that some posts are from people in Teller County who might have some Ideas.

Here is a link: Colorado Springs, CO - HDTV - AVS Forum

Roy

Roy: Thanks again. There is so much info there I'll be searching and reading for days but have found the info very informative. Looks like I'm going to have to hire an expert to check out HD reception and build one of those towers to get HD locals anytime soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)