OFFICIAL: Dish Network Not Enough New HD Complaint Thread

Only Comedy Central remains

I just looked through my DVR to-do list, and the only remaining shows I watch in SD are on Comedy Central. With Sci-Fi, USA, and CNN added this week, looks like I don't have any complaints with Dish Network (until Comedy HD launches, anyway...)

I could care less about most of the Fox channels. I wouldn't mind Fox Business News or F/X, but they can keep Fox News and Speed and give me Smithsonian instead.

Smithsonian is at least a real 24/7 HD channel!

They really need to get an HD version of Soapnet and all the Lifetime channels. Then my wife won't complain about how crummy the SD versions look on our new HDTV. She already enjoys HGTV and Food Network in HD, and wonders why all the channels don't look as good.

and on a side note - why is it that some locals are launching the CW HD channel and others like Atlanta aren't

Most likely one of the "big 4" owns the CW station and is making it a condition of carriage in these cities. The local ABC channel here for example got a digital subchannel carried on Dish as a condition.

Not much effort in Sac for locals

I think the reason Dish is spending so much effort on Lil's is because lately Dish has not beat Direct at anything lately and to get the most HD local's up ahead of D**** would give them a reason to toot their horn

They are not spending much effort in the Sacramento area. Fox is still not in HD. Here is what they say...

BEGIN***
Dear FOX40 Viewers watching on DISH Network:

We understand the confusion and disappointment some viewers have experienced regarding the availability of our HDTV signal on DISH Network.

As you may know, KTXL FOX40 has been broadcasting in high definition since 1999. The signal is available for free over-the-air to anyone with a digital set and antenna HD tuner. Most cable companies and DIRECTV carry the FOX40 signal in HDTV as part of their local HDTV service package, as a result of agreements we have reached with these companies.

To date, DISH Network and KTXL FOX40 have not reached an agreement that will result in Dish subscribers receiving the signal in HDTV. We want all KTXL FOX40 viewers to get the best picture quality possible. If you are a DISH Network subscriber, please make sure to let them know your desire to have KTXL FOX40's HD Signal on their system.
END***

SO WHO TO BITCH TO AT DISH?

...To date, DISH Network and KTXL FOX40 have not reached an agreement that will result in Dish subscribers receiving the signal in HDTV. We want all KTXL FOX40 viewers to get the best picture quality possible. If you are a DISH Network subscriber, please make sure to let them know your desire to have KTXL FOX40's HD Signal on their system.
END***

SO WHO TO BITCH TO AT DISH?

Ask FOX40 to provide a copy of their agreement and ask them to highlight what parts Dish has a problem with.

They are not telling the whole story.

We're having the same issue here in Seattle with our Fox affiliate, KCPQ. Both KCPQ and KTXL are owned by Tribune Co. and, at least in Seattle, the issue is that Tribune wants Dish to carry not only KCPQ-HD, but another station they own here, KMYQ (part of MyNetwork - the one that came about from all the leftover stations when WB and UPN became The CW). Dish, (rightfully in my opinion) doesn't want to carry KMYQ in HD b/c, well, there nothing there that anyone wants to watch and it's a waste of bandwidth (again IMHO). But Tribune is holding out and won't let Dish have HD rights to *any* of their stations until they agree to carry *all* of them. It's a crappy situation and has been going on for just about 2 years (since Dish lit up the other three local networks in HD).

Check out other threads here about Q13 Fox and locals in Seattle for more info. The only ray of hope we've had over the last year is that, supposedly, the general carriage agreement b/t KCPQ and Dish expires sometime this summer so they'll have to renegotiate a new one. And you can believe that KCPQ will do their darndest to get Dish to carry them in HD; I don't think Tribune would want to face the possibility of not carrying Fox at all in Seattle (Seahawks are on that channel) so hopefully when/if they have to renegotiate, we'll get HD. And, then, maybe, KTXL will, too.

FX anytime soon?

Is there any info on FX going HD? I'd really like to watch Rescue Me, which should be returning to FX this summer...again, anyone have any info on FX-HD?

They are not telling the whole story.
Frankly the nework doesn't have to tell you any story. Ask Dish network to highlite the problem they have with the network. Since all your other local providers carry this channel without a problem. It always seems E* is in some sort of battle with every network. In the meantime D* and everyone else has the channels. E* is the one with the problem!

But I bet this isn't E* fault right?:rolleyes:
Yeah, E* should just roll over and pay whatever they are told to pay and show whatever they are told to show and YOU will pay the cost.

Some of us still agree with paying less or doing without.

That's why I have the HD Only package.

My kids are somehow fine without CN and DIS. They are learning from the Science channel and the Food Network instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)