OFFICIAL: Dish Network Not Enough New HD Complaint Thread

I think the reason Dish is spending so much effort on Lil's is because lately Dish has not beat Direct at anything lately and to get the most HD local's up ahead of D**** would give them a reason to toot their horn and to claim some kind of victory, not to mention its a great selling tool to attract new customers! Not to mention this is what the FCC wants as well for its analog cut off date! Nationals will come though! I do think that all of our bitching and whining has put pressure on Dish to turn on some Nationals, remember squeaky wheel gets the grease! :)

I think the reason Dish is spending so much effort on Lil's is because lately Dish has not beat Direct at anything lately and to get the most HD local's up ahead of D**** would give them a reason to toot their horn and to claim some kind of victory, not to mention its a great selling tool to attract new customers! Not to mention this is what the FCC wants as well for its analog cut off date! Nationals will come though! I do think that all of our bitching and whining has put pressure on Dish to turn on some Nationals, remember squeaky wheel gets the grease! :)
Distorted hype and a better DVR will only get you so far - I think Dish has reached that line.

With the Cleveland locals finally coming on board, and them being stationed on 61.5, there are thousands of people who, without getting a wing dish will not be able to see them.

Dish is not letting you see these for free.

Am I the only one who thinks it's wrong for Dish to either charge $60, or make you extend your commitment to another 24 months in order to get what you are actually paying for?

Apparently some have been lucky enough, if they push hard enough to accomplish this for free. But why should you have to?

Gosh darn I sure hope this tread ends soon and we get National HD channels---Of curse being a Dish can of guy I do not know what soon means.( I do mean curse like well if I did I may be banned)

Hi, I've been poking around for a while but this is my first post.

I've seen lots of mentions of MGM HD lately, but it's unclear how far along it might be. Like the many who wanted SciFi HD in time for BSG, I want MGM HD in time for the Billy Wilder marathon on the 22nd. Has there been any reports of the channel being uplinked at all?

I tried searching for more info, but the station's name isn't very search-engine friendly.

Thanks!

What does Charlie know that we don't??? CN(f**king)N HD??????Gimme a break. He may as well have put up the Watching Paint Dry network in HD........

The sad thing is he is watching everything in HD possible because he is the boss and just laughing at all of us.

I have been a faithful subscriber since 1998 but I am thinking a decade is long enough. Turn off some of those RSN's and give is some REAL HD content.

CNN, Sci-Fi, USA

:)With 3 new National HD this week, I guess its time to lock or rename this thread.

I found myselft watching USA and SCIFI last night just because it was in HD. . . I am trilled these channels have been added. Now I am anxious for next week when my locals are installed, then I guess I am just waiting for Speed-HD...then all will be right inthe world!!!!!

:)With 3 new National HD this week, I guess its time to lock or rename this thread.

Not really since most of the SciFi HD channel is in SD anyway. I'd hardly count that as an addition. What a waste. This is my opinion, but that channel blows in SD or HD. :down

I found myselft watching USA and SCIFI last night just because it was in HD. . . I am trilled these channels have been added. Now I am anxious for next week when my locals are installed, then I guess I am just waiting for Speed-HD...then all will be right inthe world!!!!!

as soon as next channel is added some one will complain something else needs added.

Comedy Central, E!

Am I the only one who wants these two channels in HD ??!!

Yes, I know seeing seeing Cartman in HD isnt very compelling but seeing world leaders on the Daily Show and some of those good looking announcers on E! in HD is compelling enough I think....

Has anyone even heard any news of these channels going HD? I've searched multiple forums and sites and haven't heard a peep...

Since MTV HD and VH1 HD are slated to come up in the coming months, wouldn't it be natural for Dish to put out other Viacom properties such as Comedy Central and NIck in HD...?

As for E!, I wonder if the fact that they're owned by Comcast will hinder the HD version coming to Dish...? :p

As far as MTV and VH1, Dish could forget them as far as I'm concerned. MHD or whatever it's called, shows the best of what any music fan would want to see out of those channels and CMT anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)