OFFICIAL External Storage Information

When I "Transfer Back" (restore) to the internal hard drive, the content will transfer, but it also STAY's on the External as well.
I know others have had the same problem, but those who have (from what I have read on here) either didn't find a solution, or didn't post a solution if they did find one.

Or connect to Linux PC and remove the folders corresponding to particular movies.

That won't fix the glitch so that it works properly though. You have to reformat so that your dvr will reinitialize the disk properly. An error in the first initialization can cause this problem.

Thanks for the advice.
I assume the only way to solve this is to re format. Mainly because I know I have plenty of corrupted data, from clicking cancel by accident many times, before transfers have been completed.
Unfortunately I have way too much content on it that I don't think will ge on again.
So, I think I will just be extra selective from here on out.
Thanks again for your time.

Ok guys a friend ask me a good question the other day. He has a 622 with a External Drive hooked up and everything works fine. BUT he was wanting to know why he could not access the external drive from TV2. He said that on TV2 when he goes to USB everything is grayed out. Has anyone else tried to access their external drives from TV2??

Ok guys a friend ask me a good question the other day. He has a 622 with a External Drive hooked up and everything works fine. BUT he was wanting to know why he could not access the external drive from TV2. He said that on TV2 when he goes to USB everything is grayed out. Has anyone else tried to access their external drives from TV2??

Can't get to external drive from TV2. Grayed out.

Watching a movie on TV2 off of external drive right now.
In Single Mode
Hit DVR button
USB Storage
Manage Device
Highlight Movie to Play
Play Turns White
Hit Play
Watch

In Single Mode
Hit DVR button
USB Storage
Manage Device
Highlight Movie to Play
Play Turns White
Hit Play
Watch
Correct, in single mode, but not dual. I'm just used to dual and forgot.

Has anybody found a workaround way (with a 500GB WD My book essential) to delete content from it?
I can't Delete anything from it. I can restore, but can't delete. I guess I need to be Very selective about what I put on it. I only have room for maybe 20-30 more HD Movies on it.
THanks in advance for any help.
At very least, I hope the Software developers at E* know about this.
FYI, this is with a 622 receiver.

I have a 500GB WD My book essential connected to the 622. I have the delete option on the usb external storage so I can delete shows directly from the External hard drive without problems.

In Single Mode
Hit DVR button
USB Storage
Manage Device
Highlight Movie to Play
Play Turns White
Hit Play
Watch

What are the steps to watch something off the external drive in Dual Mode??

Is the $39 set up fee per reciever or per account? If I set up external drive on my 622 and upgrade to a 722, will I have to pay the fee again?

Thanks, Pete

1 TB External USB drive with a 622 or 722?

Has anyone successfully used a 1 TB External USB drive with a 622 or 722?

If so, what brand and model of hard drive was it?

Has anyone tested a 1 TB External USB drive with a 622 or 722 and found it be incompatible?