Official - I have a Hopper 3 Thread!

No need to blast... this is a support group! ;)

With respect, to point out issues with the Hopper 3 isn't necessarily negative or trashing; they are facts that hopefully will be resolved. That is support. I like the Hopper 3 & appreciate what Dish is trying to do but they cannot correct issues they are unaware of. Maybe my H3 is having an issue no one else is having so maybe it's not a H3 issue at all but something else. I consider that is supporting each other. It's info sharing. If two are having the same problem it is the H3 that has the issue.

My H3 had an issue last night so I called Dish & they took note as they haven't recorded a similar issue. I like using P&P; news on the big screen & ball game on the little screen in the corner. But, occasionally the smaller screen goes in color noise. This will not stop until I turn the H3 completely off & even then the color noise in the small screen may return or be okay. Last night when this happened & tried reversing the P&P. The result was a disaster. The main screen froze in a snapshot. I changed channels & got sound of the new channel but still locked on the same frozen snapshot. Tried turning H3 off/on, no change. Tried the Guide to change channels but the same result; everything changed except the snapshot image. Finally pushed the red reset on the receiver which fixed the issue.

Now, is that negative? Is it out of line to point out? Should this not be reported? Do you consider my questions "hate" & "blasting" you? We can't help each other unless we communicate which I believe most are. There will always be commits made that will ring with trash talk. Just need to filter it out because most of it is just that, talk.

Dish will eventually get all in order. We just need to be patient! HTH :)
Not at all hate. Your post is great you're looking for help. Your not complaining how bad support is and if Dish can't fix this or that, I'm leaving Dish, they're support is terrible. That what I was trying to post about. The people that just complain and are not being constructive.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: DERG and JSheridan
Not sure if it belongs here, but my Joey connected to my Hopper 3 was glitching last night.... Was trying to use Netflix, but the picture refused to go to fullscreen.... I had the home page, with a small box with the content playing in the upper right... Tried using the guide to go to channel 370. Nope, guide stayed on screen.. Finally, went to a live channel and typed 370.... OK, got a full screen picture, but with a big black box with 370 in the middle screen. Sigh... Wound up giving up and going with the Netflix app built into my Samsung Smart TV.

Reactions: jcanavera
Not sure if it belongs here, but my Joey connected to my Hopper 3 was glitching last night.... Was trying to use Netflix, but the picture refused to go to fullscreen.... I had the home page, with a small box with the content playing in the upper right... Tried using the guide to go to channel 370. Nope, guide stayed on screen.. Finally, went to a live channel and typed 370.... OK, got a full screen picture, but with a big black box with 370 in the middle screen. Sigh... Wound up giving up and going with the Netflix app built into my Samsung Smart TV.

I don't believe that Netflix is working yet on the Joey.. Should be coming in a future release.

Actually, it worked fine last week.... An update must have broken it.... Unless it was just a random bug that the nightly reboot will clear....

Actually, it worked fine last week.... An update must have broken it.... Unless it was just a random bug that the nightly reboot will clear....
Netflix works fine today on my Joey 2.0. I don't believe there is a nightly reboot on the Hopper 3 and attached Joey's. I could be wrong, but haven't seen it on mine.

Just moved from the Genie HR34 to the Hopper 3 yesterday, and this thing is the best thing ever.

We want to hear how about your ordering experience!
Originally ordered HWS, but then I happened to look at my order on Monday and changed to H3. Other than DirecTv cutting me off before the date I told them, all was good after that.

We want to hear about your install how did it go?
Installer came at 8:20 yesterday and was done and out the door before Price is Right came on.

We want to hear what the Techs did and upgraded at your house!
Added new DISH dish hooked up Joey 2 and Wireless Joey. (Just wish he would have taken down the DirecTV dish while he was on the roof.)

We want to hear your thoughts on the Hopper 3!
Solid machine. 1000x better than Genie, and much faster. Other than a few bugs yesterday (No sound on main TV, then sound but no picture. Wireless Joey reset while watching On Demand. No guide date until this morning. Accidentally pressed reset button on Dish Anywhere [sidebar, It took the Hopper 4 minutes to do what it takes Genie to do in 20 minutes]), all is good. I even searched for and set up most of the shows I was recording on the Genie. I wish the DVR recordings would hurry up and get the show logos on their icons, I don't really want to look at station logos when trying to watch something recorded.

We want to hear what you would change about the Hopper 3?
TV/Sat box combo power button
Screensaver on Pause
either stretch SD programming or fill screen, natively

...either stretch SD programming or fill screen, natively

You can set the SD screen format. If you have the new 52 remote, you might have to dig through the menus. I watch AHC in SD with the zoom setting and it's very watchable.

You might buy a 40 remote (multiple remotes can be paired with the Dish boxes) and use it for those occasional extra settings and options. $20 or less.

Anyone having this issue? I live in Michigan & Fox Sports Detroit (FSD), channel 412-20, is our local sports package.

Using the menu to get to 412-20 shows FSD highlighted (identified as Regional Sports Networks) in black (Screen #1).

Scroll from 412-20 down two channels (Screen #2) to WDIV Detroit, channel 4 (NBC) & menu is working as it should.

Scroll back to 412-20 FSD, then expand 412-20 to reveal SD & HD versions (Screen #3) & channels 2 & 4 disappear from menu.

Scroll down twice (Screen #4) & neither 412-20 SD or HD will highlight but the menu apparently thinks it's over channel 4 even though it's not visible or highlighted. The channel cannot be selected.

Scroll up to 412-20 (Screen #5) & collapse 412-20 & there's a gap where SD & HD versions should of been but channels 2 & 4 reappear. Expand 412-20 now & all will be normal with both SD & HD versions of 412-20 & both channels 2 & 4 in view.

I know this will be eventually addressed by Dish & is just a quirk. Just wondered if others might have this as well?

Dish_04-02-2016.jpg

Reactions: Troch77
Anyone having this issue? I live in Michigan & Fox Sports Detroit (FSD), channel 412-20, is our local sports package.

Using the menu to get to 412-20 shows FSD highlighted (identified as Regional Sports Networks) in black (Screen #1).

Scroll from 412-20 down two channels (Screen #2) to WDIV Detroit, channel 4 (NBC) & menu is working as it should.

Scroll back to 412-20 FSD, then expand 412-20 to reveal SD & HD versions (Screen #3) & channels 2 & 4 disappear from menu.

Scroll down twice (Screen #4) & neither 412-20 SD or HD will highlight but the menu apparently thinks it's over channel 4 even though it's not visible or highlighted. The channel cannot be selected.

Scroll up to 412-20 (Screen #5) & collapse 412-20 & there's a gap where SD & HD versions should of been but channels 2 & 4 reappear. Expand 412-20 now & all will be normal with both SD & HD versions of 412-20 & both channels 2 & 4 in view.

I know this will be eventually addressed by Dish & is just a quirk. Just wondered if others might have this as well?

View attachment 115473
I had this issue as well but reversing the sort order seems to have resolved it.

Reactions: DERG
I had this issue as well but reversing the sort order seems to have resolved it.

Odd, but true. Like you I reversed the menu & cannot duplicate the issue. I never thought it would make a difference but it does! :)

Odd, but true. Like you I reversed the menu & cannot duplicate the issue. I never thought it would make a difference but it does! :)
My two H2s do this as well with U204 software.
5345e3731460a5ccb7d03e494e60075a.jpg

88bb0f0e012c23c3d21f1b3f4ed43435.jpg

03bb02ad7cfdc6d66212d5e1da8d54e5.jpg

Notice it chops off channel 2 and 3 of my locals.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Has your menu suddenly jumped randomly as you're scrolling? In other words, you're got Showtime 318 highlighted when suddenly the menu jumps elsewhere &/or stops highlighting as well when it does. Mine does this too & still does after switching scroll direction. Just another quirk. ;)

Has your menu suddenly jumped randomly as you're scrolling? In other words, you're got Showtime 318 highlighted when suddenly the menu jumps elsewhere &/or stops highlighting as well when it does. Mine does this too & still does after switching scroll direction. Just another quirk. ;)
I've been on say channel 300, and hit the guide button, and it's showing channel 150 .

No where near the channel I'm on.
That happens a lot.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Yes, should I not?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
If you have Favorites set your channels will only show those channels that you have in Favorites. So, if you were on channel 300 (HBO) and it is not in your Favorites list you will go to the closest channel to it and I suppose that could be 150.

If you have Favorites set your channels will only show those channels that you have in Favorites. So, if you were on channel 300 (HBO) and it is not in your Favorites list you will go to the closest channel to it and I suppose that could be 150.
Yeah, I see where you are going with this, And you are correct , that does happen if you're on a channel not in your favorites list.

But in my case my favorites list has everything except , Music, shopping,PPV, VOD Seasonal sports and Spanish.

So my next channel from 300 is 299 and 301.

It's definitely a strange glitch.
I've noticed this multiple times, and never ever had an issue like this with any HR, Tivo, or even VIP receivers.
, I also don't recall the Hopper doing this before the experimental software.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I just got my new Hopper 3 installed yesterday afternoon. The installer said it might be a couple days before everything is downloaded and, thus, there could be some strange things happening until the H3 is fully up and running. So I'm wondering if some of the following things I've observed might eventually resolve themselves?

* Timer recording and instant recording does not always work. I had a timer set up for a MLB Extra Innings game (I'm a subscriber), but I came home, with the game in progress, and saw it had failed to start recording. While watching it live, I pressed the RECORD button. It said "recording" and I thought all was well. Moments later I realized that it either had stopped recording or had never actually started recording in the first place (no icons were in the recordings list). I even tried doing it from the program information screen and, again, it said it was recording -- only to discover it was NOT really recording. I finally went to the program guide and pressed the record button and this time it did begin recording.

* Sometimes the 10-second jumpback shows the proper number of seconds back per/each press -- but the H3 is still showing a LIVE picture.

* Why do not all 16 tuners display on the TV Activity screen?

* Even when I have one of my favorite channel screens on, the H3 always lists it at the top as Showing All Subscribed.

* Was the H3 designed to NOT have a red recording light on the front of the box? This seems crazy to me.

* Transferring recorded programs to my EHD does not seem any quicker than with my HWS. Isn't transferring supposed to be much faster with the H3?

Anyway, those are the observations and/or issues that I've seen so far.

Damn, I miss having a red recording light! LOL

Reactions: charlesrshell
I still wish there was a red recording light on the front of the box. I wonder if the tech people would consider a future software upgrade that would make the green tally light BLINK when a recording is in progress? This would work almost as well as having a red light.

Reactions: charlesrshell
... * Was the H3 designed to NOT have a red recording light on the front of the box? This seems crazy to me.

Damn, I miss having a red recording light! ... LOL

I still wish there was a red recording light on the front of the box. I wonder if the tech people would consider a future software upgrade that would make the green tally light BLINK when a recording is in progress? This would work almost as well as having a red light.

I miss the red recording LED too. I've missed recording programs because of that. With the red light I would of know something was wrong. I don't think we'll get this fixed as it's a hardware issue. Maybe Hopper 4? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts