Official - I have a Hopper 3 Thread!

Yes, it was always comforting when I knew a timer was set to fire up and I just had to look over and see the red light on. Now we have to grab the remote & press a few buttons.

It still seems like a software update in the future could make the green light blink when recording. That would be the only way since there is no other light on the front panel that could be used.

Looking forward to Hopper 4. LOL

It still seems like a software update in the future could make the green light blink when recording. That would be the only way since there is no other light on the front panel that could be used.
Not possible. The LED is simply connected to a circuit that is powered when not in standby. It is not something that can be made to blink by software.

Had a programmed record issue last night & this morning. I have Primetime Channels & The American's (auto set to record Only New) setup for Wednesday night but it only recorded the Primetime Channels . Early this morning I found The American's in the DVR but apparently nothing recorded. Error code 04 was the fault. This morning I set MLB & NHL channels to record from the menu while watching another program. They failed too. I retried MLB & NHL channels to record late this morning & no problems this time.

Another quirk or is Error code 04 something else?

I've seen this Error Code 04 before on my new H3 when a recording did not go properly for some reason. But now, I've just had another problem surface that I've never seen before.....

I've been making short recording clips of the SiriusXM music channels for years. I have over 1,000 of them transferred to my EHD from my previous Hoppers. But today, when I went to record a few songs on Sixties On Six, it refused to record. Instead, I got a message saying: "NO RECORDING FOR THIS EVENT: THE REQUESTED RECORDING IS NOT ALLOWED FOR THIS EVENT. CODE 893."

Same thing happened on another of the music channels when I tried it.

Did Dish suddenly start prohibiting users from recording the music channels? Or is this another glitch that has come up?

Received the call last week that my 922's and 211's would no longer be supported soon. I was concerned as I own them and didn't want to buy new hardware. I was assured it was a free equipment lease and no contract terms! So of course I accepted. H3 and 6 Joeys were installed. Installed swapped the LNB and removed my DP44 switches while I setup all the receivers. We got it done in an hour.

So far I love it. Only thing I notice is my wifi bandwidth seems to be heavily affected by all the Joeys. I'll have to read up on that.

Is there a way I can check to ensure that my Samsung 4K TV is actually getting a 4K signal from the H3? I want to ensure I have a complaint HDMI cable.

Reactions: ltownsend
Received the call last week that my 922's and 211's would no longer be supported soon. .

So are the VIP211 receivers not going to be supported now? Or is it just because the accounts have a 922 on them? I've been waiting for some of the major bugs on the Hopper3 to resolved before I switch over from a VIP722 and a VIP211Z.

Received the call last week that my 922's and 211's would no longer be supported soon. I was concerned as I own them and didn't want to buy new hardware. I was assured it was a free equipment lease and no contract terms! So of course I accepted. H3 and 6 Joeys were installed. Installed swapped the LNB and removed my DP44 switches while I setup all the receivers. We got it done in an hour.

So far I love it. Only thing I notice is my wifi bandwidth seems to be heavily affected by all the Joeys. I'll have to read up on that.

Is there a way I can check to ensure that my Samsung 4K TV is actually getting a 4K signal from the H3? I want to ensure I have a complaint HDMI cable.

GOOD question. Looking forward to this answer as I have similar hesitancies in upgrading my equipment.

from the size of this thread i see i'm way way behind the curve on getting the hopper 3 even though i've been watching for word of dish 4k since it was announced they were working on it. i learned about it from a ces article and called dish who said i was eligible and would send out an installer and, indeed, i'm in the window now. light rain off and on which might affect things since i read that a satellite antenna change is involved, but no lightning.

i've got a wd 2tb usb3 drive coming tomorrow and for now i guess i'll use it along with my old 2tb usb2 drive which is currently holding all my shows from my current hopper. can't believe they added 4k and usb3 and 16 tuners and haven't upgraded the hd storage limit, but it seems that would be easy to do in a future update.

i'll read through as much as i can of this forum, but i do have one question someone might be able to answer while i'm searching: will i have to manually enter all my timers or does the dish website hang on to them and apply them to any new equipment installed? i suspect that is asking too much of the dish programmers who seem to be permanently behind the curve of what would be truly useful.

tks, /guy

I may be wrong but I think I read your timers and settings are stored on your remote and will transfer to the H3.
That is true provided his original equipment is a Hopper or 722K. I know he has a Hopper so yes, the 40 remote saves the timers and settings and can be restored to the H3.

Reactions: gteague
tks guys! installer just now left and, how's this for irony, a few raindrops knocked out my signal! he said i would have to restore them manually though. it won't even let me into the settings right now. seems way more sensitive to rain than my hopper w/sling was.

the first problem i saw was that i pulled up some uhd netflix content and it only showed at 1080p. i was about to troubleshoot that when i lost my signal.

so, if they are stored in the remote (the old remote, right?), when he removed the batteries that ship probably sailed. so far, can't win for losing and now it won't even let me back in to put the timers back in. i'm doing a reset.

i did a status check and dish says my tv resolution is 1080p/1080i. i've gone through all the settings. maybe i need to restart the tv and see if dish picks up on it being 4k.

/guy

Put batteries back in. Your settings will still be there.

aha! we put the batteries back in, but i think i know what happened. he took the batteries out and threw my old remote in his box. i asked him whether we could pair it up so i could use it until i learned the new one and he said yes. but he didn't pull the old one out--i had a new one in a bag and i think we used that one instead and he took my old one with him. i don't think he knew about the remote holding the timers because i had specifically asked about the timers and he said there was no way to recover them. i printed them to a pdf file a couple of days ago so i can type them back in--it's just take me forever to do.

i'm more worried about why i can't get 4k to work. i'm about to try another hdmi port but is there a quick way to access a 4k test video without going into netflix?

tks, /guy

ok, so i pulled up netflix 'fireplace' and the hopper remote shows 1080 when i click 'info'. the tv info button shows 1080p. although my hdmi input is 4k, i moved it to another one which is the one i had reserved for my computer since it's the 'best' one (vizio is spectacularly unclear on specs for the 5xhdmi ports) and now the hopper remote still says 1080 and the tv says 2160p. i still don't understand why the first input didn't work unless this program is coded above its specs (hdmi and hdcp).

/guy

i'm just confusing myself left and right on how to determine what's coming into the tv. i have the multiview up with 3 cable news stations and the weather and the tv is reporting they're all 2160p. which seems to me that now the tv thinks that everything the hopper3 is sending is at that resolution. and i already know the 'info' button on the hopper3 doesn't report the right resolution. so how am i going to know when i'm watching 4k content?

... and as soon as i hit /send/ i realized that to do the multi-view, the dish probably does have to send it at 2160p. but i'm still wrong--i selected one of the channels alone and the tv still shows 2160p.

tks, /guy

ok, so i pulled up netflix 'fireplace' and the hopper remote shows 1080 when i click 'info'. the tv info button shows 1080p. although my hdmi input is 4k, i moved it to another one which is the one i had reserved for my computer since it's the 'best' one (vizio is spectacularly unclear on specs for the 5xhdmi ports) and now the hopper remote still says 1080 and the tv says 2160p. i still don't understand why the first input didn't work unless this program is coded above its specs (hdmi and hdcp).

/guy

What Vizio do you have? I have the M60-C3. HDCP 2.2 is only supported on HDMI 1,2, and 5. HDMI 5 is the only one that supports 60hz.

i'm just confusing myself left and right on how to determine what's coming into the tv. i have the multiview up with 3 cable news stations and the weather and the tv is reporting they're all 2160p. which seems to me that now the tv thinks that everything the hopper3 is sending is at that resolution. and i already know the 'info' button on the hopper3 doesn't report the right resolution. so how am i going to know when i'm watching 4k content?

... and as soon as i hit /send/ i realized that to do the multi-view, the dish probably does have to send it at 2160p. but i'm still wrong--i selected one of the channels alone and the tv still shows 2160p.

tks, /guy

2160P is 4K. Do you subscribe to the 11.99 Netflix package? Is your internet fast enough to stream 4K?

2160P is 4K. Do you subscribe to the 11.99 Netflix package? Is your internet fast enough to stream 4K?

yes and yes. i just don't understand why my tv is reporting that cnn is coming in as 4k as i doubt that's the case unless dish is providing it at that resolution and doubt they are. i thought i read in some reviews that dish was providing some test 4k content just for this sort of thing--making sure the tv is seeing 4k as 4k.

/guy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)