Official - I have a Hopper 3 Thread!

Press the H3 52.0 remote Home button 3 times. On the third line from the bottom it should say:

Available Joey Software W106,U253,U453

The U453 is the 4K Joey software.

One of my concerns was ready about people who had their Hoppers "disappear" from underneath them while watching a show at midnight. I watch the Comedy Central 90-minute block of "The Daily Show", "The Nightly Show", and "@ Midnight" and I have yet to see any messages about the system rebooting or needing to perform any activities.

My old ViP receivers were set up to restart around 04:30 and 05:00. Hopefully, when the Formula 1 season starts and I'm recording live from Australia, Malaysia, China, Japan, or Russia, I don't run into interruptions in my recordings at whatever time the Hopper 3 reboots.

Reactions: ralfyguy
My installer said this was his second one but he had problems trying to use two existing lines coming into the house.
Took him 2 and a half hours to get the Hopper up and running but the wireless Joey's are having problems downloading their software, so hopefully they finish before we go to bed in six hours or so.

Those who have soft picture, put your setting to 720p, most tv's handle it better than 1080i, which is what dish puts out on all programs except 4k content when you select the 4k, 1080p, 1080i setting. U will be amazed out much it sharpens pic on 55 in and bigger tv

Those who have soft picture, put your setting to 720p, most tv's handle it better than 1080i, which is what dish puts out on all programs except 4k content when you select the 4k, 1080p, 1080i setting. U will be amazed out much it sharpens pic on 55 in and bigger tv
It actually smooths the picture on my 70"er. I tried 720, didn't like it, went back to 1080I/P

Reactions: JSheridan
I'm curious as to the percentage of members here who got a Hopper 3 first timer for an installer. It has to be close to 90%.

It was mines 4th. Two were new installs and one was an upgrade. He got another while he was here that was a upgrade as well. He was very knowledgeable.

Got mine installed, first one for my installer, he liked it, informed him of the 40.0 remotes work, he was jazzed about that, had some tuner issues, had to check switch 5 tomes to get all tuners ok . Good guy we chatted all the way through. Netflix not active as noted elsewhere.

Got mine installed, first one for my installer, he liked it, informed him of the 40.0 remotes work, he was jazzed about that, had some tuner issues, had to check switch 5 tomes to get all tuners ok . Good guy we chatted all the way through. Netflix not active as noted elsewhere. My question is, what channel has 4k on dish, wanted to check out my hdmi cables are ok ?
You will see 4K on Channel 1 and also on VOD. You will have to pay for most of these but Defiance is free. Defiance is VOD... It might take a few days for these to populate.

One of my concerns was ready about people who had their Hoppers "disappear" from underneath them while watching a show at midnight. I watch the Comedy Central 90-minute block of "The Daily Show", "The Nightly Show", and "@ Midnight" and I have yet to see any messages about the system rebooting or needing to perform any activities.

My old ViP receivers were set up to restart around 04:30 and 05:00. Hopefully, when the Formula 1 season starts and I'm recording live from Australia, Malaysia, China, Japan, or Russia, I don't run into interruptions in my recordings at whatever time the Hopper 3 reboots.
It's almost F1 season again!!!

They should not take your remote.
I've found Dish Company installers never ask for the remotes and leave all the contents from opened on the premises boxes with the customer. However, I've found that, in my large metropolitan area where people aren't as "nice" as our friends in rural areas, far more often, it is the contractors who want your remotes and do not leave contents of the opened on the premises boxes with the customer, as if they are trying to appropriate as much free parts/accessories that Dish intends for the customer, not the contract installers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)