Official - I have a Hopper 3 Thread!

Ok I noticed today that when your recordings go to the no folder so I have folders created on the Hopper With Sling it would let you select a recording and move it to a folder. With the Hopper 3 it only has a option to select all recordings to move to a folder is there not a way to just move one recording at a time to a specific folder??

Ok noticed on my Joey 2 that Netflix does not go full screen also noticed that the App screen does not load anyone else having issues..

Ok resetting the Joey 2 fixed the Netflix issue. Being able to pick individual recordings and save them to specific folders I was told was a future update.

NOPE like I said in the post you quoted any recording made from a timer that was imported shows as watched. Any recording made from a new timer made after the new system setting of prepare for mobile was turned off does not show as watched. Like I said every timer that was imported had prepare for mobile set to on, it was an individual timer setting not a system setting.

In my post I referred to recordings, no matter whether from imported or new timers - the way it worked on my Hopper 3.

My Hopper 3 died last night. I was using my Roku when I noticed that the Hopper had powered on. I used my Harmony remote to switch to the Hopper activity and saw this message on the screen:

Warning 901a
Bootstrap Recovery
Bootstrap ID 1010
Hardware ID NHBB
Receiver ID xxxx

Vital program information will now be downloaded into your receiver.
Do not disturb or unplug until this screen disappears.

Below this were progress bars which never advanced. I left it overnight and this morning the same message was there. The receiver itself was making a lot of noise. It sounded like a bad hard drive. I called Dish this morning and they are going to send a replacement overnight. I was able to get the $20 expedited shipping charge waived. I have only had the receiver for about six weeks. Hopefully this was just an isolated situation.

Ok I noticed today that when your recordings go to the no folder so I have folders created on the Hopper With Sling it would let you select a recording and move it to a folder. With the Hopper 3 it only has a option to select all recordings to move to a folder is there not a way to just move one recording at a time to a specific folder??

If you select a title group and are looking at the list, then select "options" you can check individual recordings to move.

In my post I referred to recordings, no matter whether from imported or new timers - the way it worked on my Hopper 3.
well you obviously did not have the individual timers set to prepare for mobile on your H1 or H2 whatever it was you imported from.

Now quit arguing with me, it's a f'ing bug that needs to be fixed. There is no work around other than deleting the imported timers and making new ones and I am not going to do that with over a hundred timers.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If I try to watch something in 4K, I'm getting an insufficient bandwidth error. My Hopper is hard wired to my router. My internet is 200mbps down and 20mbps up. My TV is connected via Wifi and I have no problems steaming 4K.

If I try to watch something in 4K, I'm getting an insufficient bandwidth error. My Hopper is hard wired to my router. My internet is 200mbps down and 20mbps up. My TV is connected via Wifi and I have no problems steaming 4K.
Just for jeepers, set up your H3 for wifi and unplug your ethernet...

2 quick questions.

1. Is there any way to set the hopper 3 to always show live TV when first turned on, rather than the first home menu?

2. Does anyone know what the new software update (March 17) does? I know what it doesn't do, you still can't save OTA channels in the favorites list, but by any chance can you now record OTA channels without it constantly breaking up? If not, then what did the update do?

2 quick questions.

1. Is there any way to set the hopper 3 to always show live TV when first turned on, rather than the first home menu?

2. Does anyone know what the new software update (March 17) does? I know what it doesn't do, you still can't save OTA channels in the favorites list, but by any chance can you now record OTA channels without it constantly breaking up? If not, then what did the update do?

It added sports bar mode. And 4K Netflix.

HIC not supported?
We upgraded last month to a Hopper 3, wireless Joey, and 2 Joey2s. We use the DLNA client from the Dish gear a lot and after a little effort with profiles for the Hopper 3 had it all working the way it did with our Hopper 2. We used a HIC with the previous Hopper, but I've been unable to get the Hopper 3 to use or recognize the HIC. There doesn't seem to be a way to disable the WiFi on the Hopper 3. The contract installers that did the upgrade were fairly new, and the DLNA setup threw them off.

With the Hopper 3 being fairly new, I'm not seeing anything out on the web in terms of network settings and HICs. Does anyone have a Hopper 3 successfully using a HIC? Is there a new hardware revision for the HIC required to support the Hopper 3, or me firmware update?

Any help is, as always very much appreciated!

Well, I thought this error was just that my internet speed is so slow. We have DSL which peeks at 6mbs but is typically about 3.5mbs. I called Dish & they reported this as an issue & will look into it.

Well, I thought this error was just that my internet speed is so slow. We have DSL which peeks at 6mbs but is typically about 3.5mbs. I called Dish & they reported this as an issue & will look into it.
But not an issue in your case. DSL will never work with 4K streaming. It's just too slow....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts