Official I have L4.49 Thread

The first bar of the graph goes red, then it goes away.. Pong anyone?

02262008.jpg

Hmm, that's strange then. Not sure what to tell you. Other than to go through the full motions and disconnect the sat signal, run check switch. Then hook back up and rerun the checkswitch.

I got mine this morning, didn't notice I had it until rec locked up, and I rebooted, then it wouldn't get signal, so I checked software...sure enough, there it was, 4.49, after a few reboots I got it going though.

I got mine this morning on my 722. It caused me to miss the 6AM BBC World News and the first 1:06 of TODAY. Given that it is set to call out at 3 AM, it took over 5 hours to complete the update?! That seems a little excessive. Once it was finally done though, everything seems fine so far.

Ted

Pulling the sat lines and hard reset waiting a minute, then reconnecting sat lines at least got that graph moving, it is going across and rebooting, however the graph behaves in a peculiar way, it gets about 1/2 way over skips to 3/4 the goes back to 1/2 still seems like a loop, will let it go overnight and see..

No standard dish menus anywhere, this screen comes up 10 seconds after plugging it in, and none of the front panel or remote buttons do anything.

jamesnet - Try a hard reboot (unplug it) and see if that fixes it - it should. The earlier problem was because they targeted L4.49 to L4.49 so it kept trying to redownload. That has now been fixed in the stream.
That's NOT the case !

All current FW spooling for all models without stopping . DVR/IRD will not accept same FW version by default.

You sure that is true from 4:00AM from 8:00AM? I hear that is where the problem started. I can't confirm, but that is the story from a friend at E*

That's NOT the case !
DVR/IRD will not accept same FW version by default.

By the way, that is not the case. If they set a software to spool the wrong way it can be the case that it can spool the same software over and over. Don't claim that you know all when you may not ;) Some of us know more and have more experience than others.

Don't know what that means, but I do know that if they target incorrectly it can lead to exactly what I'm talking about (ie instead of xxxx = L4.49, L.4.49=L4.49)...

I got impatient, probably the loud fans..
Called back tech said, they have had several calls about this and that they were forwarding it to the engineering dept.
Funny thing is she asked me if my TV said, Warning 061 important inf.... and read it perfectly so I am guessing she has heard it before.
Not swapping it out, just wait... YAY, Fans!

Show me SW IDs from a batch spooled last night, what was missed from RandallA's reports, then we will begin speculation; for now you pointing your finger into sky. Or Area 59 :D

Looks like my 722 didn't survive the update. Last night at 2:30 AM I got 303 messge when I tried to turn it back on. At 7 AM it was constantly rebooting with 061 message, tech support said to do nothing. At 12:45 PM I called tech support again. Told to try power button reset, then power cord reset when power button reset didn't work. Left unplugged for 45 minutes then plugged in again. Called tech support again and was told to just let it keep rebooting. Its now 4 hours later and still constantly rebooting. So how many hours should I let this continue before pulling the plug and putting in my old 942 as a temporary replacement so that I can watch something on satellite? :(

I do have a Sony HD DVR and a computer set to record all HD OTA programs I wanted to record tonight so OTA is covered. :up

Update: Over 19 hours after it began I am happy to report that the new software finally successfully completed! :)

I got 4.49 last night. Now all of my favorites guides have been reset so all the guides I setup contain ALL channels (basically duplicates of the ALL CHAN guide). I did a quick search and did not see anyone mention this. Is there a fix or do I have to go back in and reconfigure the guides?

TIA

Mine updated alright although it took several hours. I got worried at first when it said I didn't have a USB HDD connected. Reset the hard drive itself and the 622 redetected it just fine with all my recordings intact.

If anyone gives a rat's ass, my 622 was running normally when I got home from work yesterday, so it appears to have worked itself out. I checked the 622 and I have L449.

So what's this update supposed to do again? I don't see any difference in the Guide Button functionality, like some have suggested. But I don't have any user-created lists either (it just cycles as it always has through All, All HD, All Sub). Could this be why some are seeing it and others aren't? The new pop-up list comes up only when a user-created list or multiple user-created lists are made?

Can someone test this and see what happens? I'm at work so I can't do it right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts