Official I have L4.49 Thread

L4.49 118 problem and lost sound

I am getting the same thing on 118. All of my 118 channels seem fine but the status check reveals a red X on 118. When I go to details it has many signal losses on 118. Before 449 I had no signal losses on 118... strange...

I have the same thing now, but did not have it before what seems to be the second version of L4.49. I have also one new problem. The sub channels on one of my OTA stations (WLOS DT) has lost sound. The other OTA stations and sub channels work fine. I also get a daily reboot which I was not getting before. I had this problem once before and a new release of software fixed it. Anyone else seeing this problem?

I can't believe the "big deal" for all of the hoopla to get this software update to us.

Sheesh....

If all we had to wait for this update is a favorites "button option"....what should be expect next? Maybe funny colored icons on the menus? or how about circus sound effects for button presses...

Sheesh.....

Found half-baked new feature ( at least don't remember it in L4.48) - you can change a name of recordings;
but it implemented with errors - long names will be truncated, decapitalized and max length will be reduced on half ( 16 bytes instead 32).
Seems to me Dish doesn't have QA at all :(.

I think mine took away the Voom channels. Had to do a reset on the receiver to get them back, not that I missed them.

Found half-baked new feature ( at least don't remember it in L4.48) - you can change a name of recordings;
but it implemented with errors - long names will be truncated, decapitalized and max length will be reduced on half ( 16 bytes instead 32).

That's been around for a while. Doesn't seem to work any better or worse in L4.49.

I changed names in L4.48 and had the same trouble with caps. Weird thing was, after leaving the name editing screen, going back to tv and then checking the names again, the caps had been reinserted.

So what did the ExtHD fix fix? It didn't fix the problem with the Seagate Freeagent drives.
<sarcasm>

It fixed the problem with being able to view an entire recording directly from the external drive, while something else records in the background. Content providers don't want you to watch an entire recorded show in one sitting.

Now, partway into viewing, the machine freezes then reboots. Glad they got that fixed, I was tired of watching a show uninterrupted while something else was recording. Now my recordings can be in several pieces because the machine rebooted in the middle, plus I won't have to be bored with watching the whole show from start to finish without a much-needed break.

</sarcasm>

Both my 622s have been working fine. Only thing I'm not thrilled with is the slight pause using the new Guide pop-up. takes a second too long to display the Guide or exit the pop-up compared to how fast the original Guide switches, or compared to how fast 'cancel' exits other screens/popups. Tell us if you notice this, too.

Any new info? Anyone get the update last night? I'm wondering if the rollout has stopped.

I have two 622. One has already received the update but not the other. The one that has not got it yet usually is about 10 days or so behind the other in getting updates.

It's "stopped" to the point that it's *still* limited to the certain receivers they've targeted. They do it this way:

-- Update 10% (a made up percentage) of receivers with new s/w
-- Wait for support calls, trouble tickets, etc, etc
-- If the # of calls is below some threshold, update 15% add'l receivers (so approx 25% of units are updated between 1st and 2nd update)
-- Wait for support calls, trouble tickets, etc, etc. 2-3 days or even 4-5 is NOT sufficient time to get a good sampling.

If the number of non-update-related issues is low enough -- a major flaw can change all of the above too -- they then roll it out to everyone else.

To be honest, I've noticed *nothing* about the new update except when you go into a folder of recordings and then, it just looks different (so far). I see no added functionality. IMO, you're not missing anything.