Official I have L4.49 Thread

Since we have 3 threads going for L4.49, didn't know where to post it but here it goes.

My 622 was in a rebooting loop around 1:00 am this morning. Since it's in the bedroom, I just turned off the power strip and will take a look at it when I get back from work. The 722 was rebooting too but it looks like it just topped rebooting.

The strange thing is that TSReader didn't pick up the new batch so I wasn't expecting the update. It was probably removed before I checked.

I got L4.49 on my 622 last night, here in Minnesota. As usual after an update, it took 3-4 manual power cycles/resets this morning before I could get it to turn on.

One it came on, it seems fine.

I got 449 last night. I do like the ability to have a pop-up list of favorites show up when I click 'guide' while in the guide, instead of having to cycle through all the favorites to get to the one I want.

Right now I consider my unit broken, as it is unusable. If this rebooting/whatever ends and it finally powers up and gives me an output, then I will consider it not broken.

Until then, it be broke.
My money says Dish can stop the continuous reboot/download cycle much quicker than they can get out and replace your unit.... Not to mention any recordings you'll lose.... Me ? I'll wait. I bet it's fixed by the time I get home.

I first tried turning on the dish this morning around 7am est. Stuck in the reboot cycle until just a few minutes ago (9am) when it came up on it's own.

Been a fun two hours without the 3rd parent to help raise my toddler :)

I got it last night. Turned on the tv this morning and it was on a "downloading" screen, and then it shut down, refixed on sats, and works again. Phew... I hate software downloads. :)

My money says Dish can stop the continuous reboot/download cycle much quicker than they can get out and replace your unit.... Not to mention any recordings you'll lose.... Me ? I'll wait. I bet it's fixed by the time I get home.
I hope so.
Hopefully the recordings will still be there as well.

The TV1 light would come on for a while, then eventually all the lights would flash on then off, the fan would shut down and then power up again and repeat the process all over again continuously.

When I plug my 722 in it does the same thing. Not sure about the fan since my 622 was booting at the same time. The 622 did come on after doing a reboot loop about 3 times.

I got 449 last night. I do like the ability to have a pop-up list of favorites show up when I click 'guide' while in the guide, instead of having to cycle through all the favorites to get to the one I want.

Oh, I had not figured out what the popup feature was yet. Looking forward to playing with it tonight... :)

Hopefully the recordings will still be there as well.
They should be un-touched. There's a "system" partition where the receiver's OS and utilities are stored and then there's "user" or data partitions where recordings, among other things, are stored.

Woke up this morning to loud fans and a strange screen saying please wait with a progress bar.. was still doing it at 8 this morning.. hopefully it will be fine when I get home.. My other 622 is fine...

Got it this morning also. I didn't like the folders before, because I think they were sorted Alphabetically? Doesn't appear to be the case now, but my memory is foggy on this. I didn't check anything else this morning, but I will have to check out the favorites menu mentioned here. I don't like updates either, and I always seem to get them early.

I turned my tv on this morning around 7:30 EST and there was a 303 (i think that is what was). I checked it about an hour later and now I have the update.

Same as Jamesnet pretty much.

Heard funny noise, like reboot happen at 8:00 when getting ready for work.
Turned it on, basically the screen said Update in Progress or somthing to that effect.

Hopefullly it'll survive.... I had to leave for work.

Kinda an odd time to update, I figured it would happen in the middle of the night!

EDIT - home for lunch. 622 alive and well with new rev.

Last edited:

I got the update last night, but now all of my HD channels are gone! I can only see the HD PPV channels. Even my local HD channels which I have an antenna for aren't showing. Anyone else have this issue?

I already had 4.49. I was playing with the popup guide last night. this morning when i turned on my 622, it was "downloading vital product information" then it began "reprogramming" all the while warning "do NOT turn off the power". when that finished it went thru a lengthy reboot and came up fine. I was at 4.49 before and i am at 4.49 now. so what exactly did my 622 just do?

everyhting is working fine (knock on wood) but if i already had the latest firmware update , then what was going on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)