Oh No ! Comcast took over FSN New England ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bbd24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
I was hearing rumors that Directv was going to add FSN New England HD in October. I've been wanting the Boston Celtic games in HD and they broadcast them on FSN New England ( Channel 620 ). It looks as though FSN New England has now changed to Comcast New England Sports Network. Does this mean that an HD channel for 620 is out the window since Comcast now has it ? Or is it still up for grabs with Directv ?

Comcast Sportsnet New England ?

What channel are you referring to ?

I'm wanting channel 620 in HD. Its on the sportspack. They carry the Celtic games.

I think he was just pointing out that of CSN Chicago is on D*, as are some of their other channels, you're not necessarily out of luck...

I believe the FCC as part of the whole Comcast, Adelphia and Time Warner transaction only allowed Comcast SportsNet Philly to stay exclusive to Comcast. So with that said even if Fox Sports Net New England become Comcast Sports Net New England I don't believe Comcast can keep the channel from DirecTV without breaking the rules the FCC put forth.

Probably right. Just be glad you don't live in my world. I want that freakin Comcast Philly station more than any other station that exists. Hard for me to believe that out of all of the stations in the country, this is the one, the only freakin one that D* can't get.

SportsPack

Getting conflicting information from Verizon and Directv.

I would like to get the sports pack, but does that include all the FSN and CSN (minus philly :( ) ? Plus other channels. This way I can at least watch the games (on the other teams network, which is probably better anyway), just can't get the news for the phillies. It just doesn't have the MASN for my local area 19703.

:hungry:

Getting conflicting information from Verizon and Directv.

I would like to get the sports pack, but does that include all the FSN and CSN (minus philly :( ) ? Plus other channels. This way I can at least watch the games (on the other teams network, which is probably better anyway), just can't get the news for the phillies. It just doesn't have the MASN for my local area 19703.

:hungry:

The Sports Pak will get you all of the rsn's, but not for the professional teams. For that you need Extra Innings for baseball, Center Ice for hockey, etc. Check the Directv website for more info.

I think Comcast wants to keep the HD exclusively. Makes perfect business sense. Can't get FSN-BA-HD from E* for the same reason I believe. It's working, I'm switching to Comcast.

I am not sure of the regulations, but I was under the impression that, if a channel is beamed off of a satellite, it must be available to satellite providers. The Philly Comcast channel, as I understand it, is not beamed on satellite, but the New England channel, I believe, is.

I think Comcast wants to keep the HD exclusively. Makes perfect business sense. Can't get FSN-BA-HD from E* for the same reason I believe. It's working, I'm switching to Comcast.

DirecTV says Boston DMA subscribers currently receive CSN New England HD games on channel 96, when they are on. I don't know what their plan is for making it national like other RSNs, but probably won't happen until CSN New England HD is actually airing something other than a black screen when there is no HD game on, like they currently do.

DirecTV says Boston DMA subscribers currently receive CSN New England HD games on channel 96, when they are on. I don't know what their plan is for making it national like other RSNs, but probably won't happen until CSN New England HD is actually airing something other than a black screen when there is no HD game on, like they currently do.

They've already launched some "event/game only" RSN's nationally, so I don't see why this one would be any different. It's just a matter of where it is in the schedule...

crap I know we get CSN - Chicago and Mid Atlantic in HD but after seeing this link I'm a bit worried.

CELTICS on HD

I don't see Directv anywhere on there - maybe they are still working out the $$$$??? usually directv goes out of their way for sports fans - hopefully they step up and get it done.

on a side note - HD games are only home regular season games

wonder if league pass will provide C's games in HD?

hopefully this is the answer - I recall comcast doing this for C's games last year.....we'll find out next week

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts