Oh, what a night!!!

For a friday night, quite a bit of sports on Tigers/Sox, Phillies/Brewers, NHL Hockey and throw in a dash of Arena Football on NFL network!!! :)

If the Bruins weren't eliminated by the Flyers and then they defeated the Habs, AND the Celtics defeat the Magic, both teams would have been in their respective sports championship rounds. That could have caused logisitcal problems with the scheduling (especially where both sports seem to be on the same schedule this year).

Which brings me to my question: When was the last time a basketball and hockey team that shared an arena, made it to the championship round in the same year?

I recall the Knicks (lost to the Rockets) and Rangers (defeated the Canucks) in '94. But has there been a more recent example?

FWIW, I would think that conflicts between hockey championship series and basketball Conference Finals would be more common, since historically, the NHL season runs about a week or so ahead of the NBA's.

FWIW, I would think that conflicts between hockey championship series and basketball Conference Finals would be more common, since historically, the NHL season runs about a week or so ahead of the NBA's.

Actually the NBA starts about a month later.
Hockey season starts first week of October, NBA usually Nov.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts